Screen Probs of the touch variety

Guest kiora2

Hi all, my mate was lucky enough to get a vega on thursday from last weeks stock. It has a problem where the touchyness (good word :) ) of the screen will only work for few seconds at a time or not at all. I flashed the official 1.04 update from the myadventvega site and it took an hour of messing about to press the "finish" button at setup.

The tablet works perfectly but little/no touch. we have resigned ourselves to the fact it has to go back but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had similar problems?

anyway cheers for any info or inspiring miracle cures. :)

Col.

Edited by kiora2

Guest SilentMobius
Hi all, my mate was lucky enough to get a vega on thursday from last weeks stock. It has a problem where the touchyness (good word :) ) of the screen will only work for few seconds at a time or not at all. I flashed the official 1.04 update from the myadventvega site and it took an hour of messing about to press the "finish" button at setup.

The tablet works perfectly but little/no touch. we have resigned ourselves to the fact it has to go back but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had similar problems?

anyway cheers for any info or inspiring miracle cures. :)

Col.

Did you have it plugged into the mains at the time? Most of us are getting terrible touch response when its charging.

Guest removed-14

Try downloading multitouch visualizer 2 from the market. Also if you haven't already use it unplugged. A few people hace said touch screen isn't as great when connected to the mains.

Tried to install multitouch thing but cant press the screen to allow usb storage to copy it over. plugged/unplugged make no difference it doesnt look like its going to work at all now :)

thanks anyway chaps but it looks like its going back tomorrow.

Col.

on a side note I've had mine for 2 weeks he's had his for 2 days mine 4600732 his at 2 weeks newer is 4600724. I'm wondering if he was sent a faulty return.

Edited by kiora2

Guest japrichard

I also have a problem with my advent randomly adding characters even when not plugged in. Have tried the multitouch app and no probs there. Is this something that might be fixed in a update firmware or does my advent Vega have to go back.