Secret Dialler Codes!

Guest Arr Too

Guest Arr Too

Note: I'm not responsible for what might happen on your phone if you choose to dial any of these!

These are the codes that work on the standard phone dialler app on the Orange San Francisco, but I'm pretty sure they'll be almost identical on other models that we collectively know as "ZTE Blade". Known small differences (in texts) are down to whether the firmware expects to be running on an OLED or TFT display, and whether you've deleted seemingly unused apps like ChiperTest.apk, fcctest.apk and QcNvTest.apk. Most are prefixed with "*983*", which is "*ZTE*" in phone letters -- I've added a mnemonic for the other part where I think it's obvious (feel free to suggest better ones!).

"Automatic Inspection" runs through the basic tests automatically (usually you need press a button to move on to the next bit -- don't get thrown by any blank colour test screens!). There are a number of interesting items for developers, with hardware info and other goodies. If any of the descriptions don't make the function obvious then it's either poorly written or I don't know exactly what it does (I'll happily update this if others can explain better).

If the code has been recognised by the dialler then it will react immediately when you enter the final "#". If nothing happens when you've done that, don't press Dial!

Edit: on the ROMs based on the Japanese 2.2 you need to put the phone into "Engineering Mode" first, by dialling *ZTE*OPENEM# (*983*673636#) -- this action will be confirmed by a quick pop-up. To close this mode, dial *ZTE*CLOSEEM# (*983*2567336#) -- this then prompts whether you want to do a Factory Reset, which you do not have to do (you can simply Back away from this screen).

Dial Mnemonic Operation

*983*0# Menu (20:Battery/OLED/Back Light/Vibrator/Ringer/LED/Key/OLED off/SD/BT address/Radio Info/Memory/TouchPaint Test/Audio Loop/FM/Camera/GPS Test/IMEI/IMSI)

*983*3640*01# IMSI

*983*25# Battery Info

*983*31# OLED Test

*983*26# Backlight Test

*983*850# Radio Test 0

*983*86# Vibrator & LED Test

*983*84# Ringer Test

*983*07*01# Headset Test

*983*07*02# Key Test

*983*3470# LCD Test

*983*81# SD Test

*983*890# -

*983*26*# Radio Test 1

*#06# IMEI

*983*27274# CRASH Reboot

*#08# Test Flag [Note: requires QcNvTest.apk in /system/app]

*#09***# BT Test

*983*1275# _ASK Dev Info

*983*7# Menu (4:Version/IMEI/IMSI/BT address)

*983*3640# DOH+ Phone Info (inc ping test, radio on/off)

*983*636# MEM Memory Test

*983*28# BT Emode BT Test

*983*477# GPS GPS Test

*983*21# Audio Loop Test

*983*70# Automatic Inspection

*#18# LED Test

*#19# TouchPaint Test

*983*36# FM FM Test

*983*57# Factory Reset

*983*473# Camera

*#23# Video Camera

*983*10# Delete (Touchscreeen) Calibration File

*#25# FM Test

*983*2726# SIM Contacts Op 1

*983*37# SIM Contacts Op 2

*983*6726# SIM Contacts Op 3

*983*154# "test" Menu (12:Self-starting/Software Version/Hardware Version/PSN/Test Flag/[Completed]/Board Serial/Bluetooth Address/SMS security/SMS Registration Status/Flash Type/PRL Version/Serial Configuration)

*983*07# Menu (9:OLED/Ringer/Vibrator/Key Test/Audio Loop/Headset Test/FM/Camera/SD)

*983*5182# Dev Info

*983*7469# SHOW Automatic Inspection

*#26***# Sensor Test

*983*7936# QXDM Save Qxdm in log system

*987*0# Menu (4:Produce Information[->"test" Menu]/Automatic Inspection/Factory data reset/Battery information)

*#27***# Compass Test

*983*87274# USBSI USB Switch Test

*983*06# BT Test

*983*564738# LOGSET LOG Set (inc sys_rw)

*983*93# FCC Test [Note: requires fcctest.apk in /system/app]

*983*2377# CFQP Call Forwarding Query with PowerOn

*983*24474636# CHIPINFO Chiper Test (chip info) [Note: requires ChiperTest.apk in /system/app]

*983*29873283# AXUPDATE Touchscreen Updater

*983*73564# SDLOG SD Log

Note: the above are for the standard ROM (well, apps) running 2.1. The current Froyo ROM (with standard dialler, etc.) does not have the Touchscreen Updater, but adds:

Dial Operation

*987*123456# DM Test

Edited by Arr Too

Guest fryguyse

The dialer codes works fine for me (OSF with FroYo)

Just noticed (maybe someone already did) on the FroYo g2(?) ROM that if you start the radio, go to the dialer and press a number etc. the radio continues to play for a few seconds and then dies again, this can be repeated.

Edited by fryguyse

Guest Arr Too
It does not work in my SF, I am running froyo beta 2.2 and it gives msg like " Conncetion Problem or invalid MMI code". ?

I've just tried the latest Froyo ROM and there's just one difference (now noted in the first post). Which specific codes give you a problem? Are you sure you're using the stock dialler? And haven't removed too many other "unused" stock apps?

Guest Arr Too
If I try CHIPINFO, com.android.phone stops, and I have to force close it.

Hungarian Blade, TFT, 256Mb RAM, Finnish Fillyjonk RLS2

As stated in the first post, if you (or the ROM builder) have deleted ChiperTest.apk then that code will fail since it's not unexpecting that to be missing. I'll update the table to make this clearer.

Guest Stryke69

Nice, especially the "OLED Test" and the "LCD test" for those you recently got their SF and can't tell which display they have.

I own a SF with an OLED display and the "LCD test" won't run for me (just have a black screen for about a second and then the dialer again, the OLED test gives me some nice colored screens :))

Guest diggerbycroft18

Is there a code to change the default power button to shut down straight away without having to confirm the option ? there is one for the desire and would be handy for the blade

Edited by diggerbycroft18

Nice, especially the "OLED Test" and the "LCD test" for those you recently got their SF and can't tell which display they have.

I own a SF with an OLED display and the "LCD test" won't run for me (just have a black screen for about a second and then the dialer again, the OLED test gives me some nice colored screens :))

both of those tests run on my SF... so what does that mean :)

Guest Viper9lp
both of those tests run on my SF... so what does that mean :)

im not sure what type of display i have, but with my phone i can only run the OLED -*983*31#- test..... but in the menu overview its called "LCD"?!?!?

the LCD test -*983*3470#- only shows a short black screen.....

Guest abbas_sheikh

See attachments, 2nd menu option says OLED in 1st device and 2nd one says LCD.

post-24969-1292164097_thumb.png post-24969-1292164105_thumb.png

Also towards bottom of screen capture one says OLED off and 2nd one says LCD off.

I've just tried the latest Froyo ROM and there's just one difference (now noted in the first post). Which specific codes give you a problem? Are you sure you're using the stock dialler? And haven't removed too many other "unused" stock apps?

I am using dialer one..but it will rise any problem cause its only the interface..ya...soo?? or does it give a problem??

i am using froyo beta 2.2

Guest Arr Too
I am using dialer one..

Well, I did clearly state in the first post that you need the standard dialler, and they are special codes from ZTE, so I don't know why you'd think another dialler would work. :)

Guest 5c00ter
See attachments, 2nd menu option says OLED in 1st device and 2nd one says LCD.

post-24969-1292164097_thumb.png post-24969-1292164105_thumb.png

Also towards bottom of screen capture one says OLED off and 2nd one says LCD off.

Interestingly, the test menu on my blade, gives me LCD test with OLED off at the bottom. My model is the B08. If I use the *983*31# code for OLED the RGB colour test works. If I try using the *983*3470# test for LCD screen, blackout for a second before display returns.

The big question is: do I have OLED or LCD(TFT) ?

Confused... :)

Guest SAVVVAS12

Interestingly, the test menu on my blade, gives me LCD test with OLED off at the bottom. My model is the B08. If I use the *983*31# code for OLED the RGB colour test works. If I try using the *983*3470# test for LCD screen, blackout for a second before display returns.

[/quote

Yes , I agree with you in every aspect! We can't find what type of display we use BUT the screen is wonderful :) So nothing to worry about!!!

How do you get the menu overview with the screen tests? I only get an RGB test...

***Edit***

Don't worry I'm an idiot

Edited by _Carl_

Mine is a B01 (although it's a UK SF) although everything else is the same as yours although after a couple of times I managed to get the LCD screen test to work