67 replies to this topic

SAVVVAS12

SAVVVAS12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE San Francisco
[quote name='5c00ter' date='Dec 12 2010, 21:07' post='1513297']
Interestingly, the test menu on my blade, gives me LCD test with OLED off at the bottom. My model is the B08. If I use the *983*31# code for OLED the RGB colour test works. If I try using the *983*3470# test for LCD screen, blackout for a second before display returns.

The big question is: do I have OLED or LCD(TFT) ?

Confused... :)
[/quote
Yes , I agree with you in every aspect! We can't find what type of display we use BUT the screen is wonderful :) So nothing to worry about!!!

himbhalay

himbhalay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks for sharing :)

_Carl_

_Carl_

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate)
How do you get the menu overview with the screen tests? I only get an RGB test...

***Edit***

Don't worry I'm an idiot

Edited by _Carl_, 14 December 2010 - 11:37 AM.

_Carl_

_Carl_

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate)

Interestingly, the test menu on my blade, gives me LCD test with OLED off at the bottom. My model is the B08. If I use the *983*31# code for OLED the RGB colour test works. If I try using the *983*3470# test for LCD screen, blackout for a second before display returns.

The big question is: do I have OLED or LCD(TFT) ?

Confused... :)

Mine is a B01 (although it's a UK SF) although everything else is the same as yours although after a couple of times I managed to get the LCD screen test to work

cnhust

cnhust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-Blade, ZTE-U980
The dialler code works well on my phone, it is great.

Arr Too

Arr Too

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
Can we use this to decide OLED or TFT (LCD)? If I dial *ZTE*CHIPINFO# (or *983*24474636#) on my OLED SanFran I get this as the first entry:

LCD Information:
IC: TL2796
Glass: Samsung

What do people get on the TFT version?

slartibardfast0

slartibardfast0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Can we use this to decide OLED or TFT (LCD)? If I dial *ZTE*CHIPINFO# (or *983*24474636#) on my OLED SanFran I get this as the first entry:

LCD Information:
IC: TL2796
Glass: Samsung

What do people get on the TFT version?

Hi,
I got this on a B08 TFT:

IC: NT35580
Glass: LEAD

Great code, cheers.

Arr Too

Arr Too

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

I got this on a B08 TFT:

Cool! I was going to say that the other possibilities I was expecting are LEAD/NT35580 and TRULY/HX8369. But I think that's got to be a conclusive way of telling OLED or TFT now.

5c00ter

5c00ter

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@5c00ter
Here's my CHIPINFO output from my B08:

SAVVVAS12

SAVVVAS12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE San Francisco
Hi, before 3 days I bought a Zte San Francisco and it was version B08. The chipinfo IC:HX8369
Glass:TRULY

Today I bought another one a Zte San Francisco and It is also version B08. But the it has different chipinfo IC:NT35580
Glass:LEAD

The first one was from Lancaster and the new one is from Liverpool. (Orange stores) It is very confusing, we have to figure out the correct lcd type. Small notice: The first one with glass truly it has inferior quality to glass lead(though not much) . If I was going to choose the screen with the best black then I will choose the new one (Glass lead). From this I can conclude that the oled screen is the glass lead.

Raspa

Raspa

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
No, they are both LCD/TFT.

Neither of the phones you own has a OLED screen.

rjm2k

rjm2k

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
hmm, this code FC's on mine then re-asks for my SIM pin, modaco r3 eclaire.

Arr Too

Arr Too

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

hmm, this code FC's on mine then re-asks for my SIM pin, modaco r3 eclaire.

For a long time nobody knew what apps like ChiperTest.apk did so it's sometimes been removed from /system/app in various ROMs (or maybe users have followed advice that they can safely remove it). If you replace this app (with one from the stock version of the ROM your current one is based on) then this dialler code ought to work.

And I think I agree that only Samsung is OLED, so TRULY and LEAD are going to be TFT. Would be nice to have that confirmed, though.

rjm2k

rjm2k

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

For a long time nobody knew what apps like ChiperTest.apk did so it's sometimes been removed from /system/app in various ROMs (or maybe users have followed advice that they can safely remove it). If you replace this app (with one from the stock version of the ROM your current one is based on) then this dialler code ought to work.

And I think I agree that only Samsung is OLED, so TRULY and LEAD are going to be TFT. Would be nice to have that confirmed, though.

That did it thanks, mines the OLED (but I knew that anyway).

Might be worth putting a sticky or something on the wiki showing the different hardware since we know there are different screens and touchscreens, also cameras etc, just to make things easier for kernel devs.

Mine has

LCD
TL2796

Touchscreen
Synaptics 2000 TM1541

Wifi
AR6002 (not sure why the MAC address is a Samsung though)

BT
BTS4025

Camera
ID 0x2682
MT9T112-3.0Mp-AF

Flash
Samsung 4G Nand

and some other stuff from other apps

Accelerometer
lis302dl

Graphics
Qualcomm Adreno 200

Proximity/Ambient Light
Taos TSL2771

Compass
akm8973

FM Receiver
si4708

Chipset
Qualcomm MSM7227 / armeabi / ARM v6 compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)

Edited by rjm2k, 16 December 2010 - 10:00 AM.

Germac

Germac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Nice, especially the "OLED Test" and the "LCD test" for those you recently got their SF and can't tell which display they have.
I own a SF with an OLED display and the "LCD test" won't run for me (just have a black screen for about a second and then the dialer again, the OLED test gives me some nice colored screens :))

That's the same for me, black on LCD test, then white (thought it had fecked up) then geen, red etc on the OLED.

IronDoc

IronDoc

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Devices:Blade

That's the same for me, black on LCD test, then white (thought it had fecked up) then geen, red etc on the OLED.

And for me.

zurpher

zurpher

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:HTC DESIRE S

<table BORDER=1 CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=1 RULES=ROWS FRAME=BOX>
<tr><td>Dial <td>Mnemonic <td>Operation
<TR><TD>*983*73564# <TD>SDLOG <TD>SD Log
</table>

Out of interest: What is SD Log? It has quite far reaching permissions and can't be uninstalled. I guess it has something to do with the Google services.

klx

klx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Howcome the total memory amount is shown 208M? The phone should be 512MB model. Could anyone owning Finnish Blade confirm this?

Arr Too

Arr Too

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Out of interest: What is SD Log?

Like the others, it's a ZTE thing. Probably used for some sort of debugging. Press Menu to see some options and 'enable' the log. Then exit and return to this to find the button is a stop (that's what they mean by "reboot", I think). Best I can gather is that it creates a couple of named pipes: /dev/sdlog and /dev/sdlog_notify. These are used to send numeric commands to a server and get a response. Not sure where this server is yet... SDLog.apk appears to be just the control app. And if you don't have an SD card inserted it will (supposedly) write stuff in /data/local/logs/. Maybe this is a standard Android (or other dev env) thing that I'm just not familiar with?

gusthy

gusthy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Devices:Pulse

Howcome the total memory amount is shown 208M? The phone should be 512MB model. Could anyone owning Finnish Blade confirm this?

It was explained here many times: the 208 MB is the internal storage size, not to mix with free RAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users