New style Market APK downloads

Guest PaulOBrien

newmarket.png

The updated Market is here!

Simply download the appropriate APK below, install in the usual way and you're set! :)

• Updated Market for Android 2.2 - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: 1dbbb71e77a70494549e8ea9be5b631e
  • Updated Market for Android 2.1 and earlier - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) - MD5: c9252c09cf4e6c86bdfe0b0850c5aeb2

Enjoy! :)

P

Via: MobiFlip

Guest Popple3

Won't install on my S-Off'd Desire running Oxygen.

I tried manually pushing the apk (from XDA) in recovery mode, and flashing an update.zip and both failed miserably, kept FC-ing. Rolling back to old market made it even worse - it kept rebooting itself

So just a word of warning to anyone attempting installing this: Do a nandroid backup first. I didn't (stupid, I know), and it was a lot of hassle to get everything back up and running :)

Edited by Popple3

Guest Popple3
Looks like a problem on Oxygen? (Signatures?)

Installed on Defy thru the file browser and Galaxy S via the file browser.

P

Maybe. People were reporting the same problem with CM as well, but without the rebooting after rolling back. Others reported success.

I'm just gonna wait until it gets pushed to my phone or gets included in the next version of Oxygen anyway.

Guest removed-14
Maybe. People were reporting the same problem with CM as well, but without the rebooting after rolling back. Others reported success.

I'm just gonna wait until it gets pushed to my phone or gets included in the next version of Oxygen anyway.

v1.0.3 available now with updated Market (plus other stuff of course)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829734

Guest Simon O
Hmm, installed fine on my old Magic running 2.1, but a no go on my ZTE Blade with Paul's 2.2 :)

How odd. I'm running the new market on my Blade running Paul's MCR alpha4.

Guest Bouncer5

Can someone PLEASE get it to work on gingerbread? I installed it but I get a white screen then it goes away, no FC error...

Me love you long time if you do :)

How odd. I'm running the new market on my Blade running Paul's MCR alpha4.

So do I, using the Gingerbread theme from this thread. Could that have anything to do with it? Guess I'm going to do a wipe and a clean flash :)

Guest adam060577

Hi, i have installed the market apk file, but when i try and load it, it says loading for a split second then goes back to the home screen. Can somebody please help.

Guest Shadow75
This will be in Desire r10 tomorrow too...

P

Hi Paul,

Just wanted to say your doin a great job working hard on all these roms. Very happy.

A question I hope you can help me with. Can you please let me know how your getting on with the new Desire r10? And have you got a date for releasing it?

Thanks again and keep up the great work