• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

cork45

cork45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Not sure if this is the right place to post but is there any where that sells the V9 to Ireland?

Swedroidman

Swedroidman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE & ZTE LIGHT
Found this on the XDA forums, and it seems like ZTE is gonna let everybody who wants a upgrade to 2.2 be able to get it :D

ZTE light v9 2.2 upgrade from ZTE is here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download from here

http://www.mediafire...b6ty863olhb36t8

please follow the instructions carefully.

You need to email ZTE a screencapture of a page.

Edited by Swedroidman, 17 March 2011 - 03:27 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

Found this on the XDA forums, and it seems like ZTE is gonna let everybody who wants a upgrade to 2.2 be able to get it :D

The program seems to be a cut down/fixed version of THIS program

From reading the word document, they seem to imply there is a file called something like (V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical))...

that is the interesting part, that we need.

It looks like that Word Document is something they have sent out to telco service centres, its unlikely that anyone outside of one of ZTE's resellers would get a licence code to use that software..

Edited by Sebastian404, 17 March 2011 - 04:37 PM.

andi_baden

andi_baden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade / ZTE Light V9

I have a bigger problem, I just changed my framework-res.apk to a skinned one, and phone not booting, android text reloading all time, no recovery available, I cannot able to get adb, what can I do now? :D

An idea how to get adb work or go to recovery?

I got adb to work on XP with the adb drivers for the blade. It's working with my original ZTE light. I used it to make a rom dump without rooting.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
BTW, anyone with a Optus MyPad...

can you dump your splash partition for me?

Edited by Sebastian404, 17 March 2011 - 04:39 PM.

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:htc desire zte v9, galaxy tab

BTW, anyone with a Optus MyPad...

can you dump your splash partition for me?

Will do when i get home from work, does it matter that i am running your rom though?

No.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Will do when i get home from work, does it matter that i am running your rom though?

No that's fine, I was experimenting with the Russian TPT and overwrite the standard android splash with....something horrible in russian (I think).....

Thanks

psychbiz

psychbiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-V9
For those concerned about being able to load applications to SD card, I suggest using Link2SD from the android market. I have a ZTE V9 (Optus Mytab), which I rooted and then installed Link2SD. After following the very clear install instructions I now am able to load all 'non-system' applications to the SD card and after updating the app database updates for apps works fine. I await the 2.2 upgrade of Android with great interest. Also interested in custom ROM for this device. Haven't felt confident installing a ZTE Blade ROM in case of compatibility issues.

Gaz14

Gaz14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9, Huawei U8300
In case anyone is interested in changing the splash screen on the V9, well the optus mytab version atleast

I reflashed my splash screen to Fev's photo of lara bingle(Australian users should know who Fev and Lara are), looks good
I can write up how i did it if anyones interested.

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:htc desire zte v9, galaxy tab

For those concerned about being able to load applications to SD card, I suggest using Link2SD from the android market. I have a ZTE V9 (Optus Mytab), which I rooted and then installed Link2SD. After following the very clear install instructions I now am able to load all 'non-system' applications to the SD card and after updating the app database updates for apps works fine. I await the 2.2 upgrade of Android with great interest. Also interested in custom ROM for this device. Haven't felt confident installing a ZTE Blade ROM in case of compatibility issues.

Well that's a good thing, as the blade roms won't work.

No.

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230
Please somebody explain me how rooting works? I added root access in kitchen to the ROM and it's say rooted, but root not works there is no superuser request when run a root access required app

Add su to xbin fix this problem?

Edited by Biti, 18 March 2011 - 06:30 PM.

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540f Android 2.3.5

No that's fine, I was experimenting with the Russian TPT and overwrite the standard android splash with....something horrible in russian (I think).....

Thanks

lolz, done that a few times now... which part of the "boot splash" have you nerfed... the actual initial android icon (which is the logo file in the ramdisk section and just displays the green android before passing onto the animation file) or the bootanimation (from system folder which displays the Optus logo upon boot)? Either way I can easily help you out with that one... I have several variations now, including that weird Russian (or is it Hungarian?) one :D

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 19 March 2011 - 11:53 AM.

Programs are like Cathedrals, first we build them... then we pray!

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Please somebody explain me how rooting works? I added root access in kitchen to the ROM and it's say rooted, but root not works there is no superuser request when run a root access required app
Add su to xbin fix this problem?

"Rooting" a device simply means altering the permissions on the device to enable access to the su command.

You will only get the popup request when the SU is associated with the SuperUser app, otherwise permission will just be granted in the background (this will cause some apps to fail, as the "permission granted by" message will make the app think it was denied)

Also, root access with the v9 will only be temp if Secure mode is enabled. (which can be messy to disable)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 19 March 2011 - 10:06 AM.

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

ZTE light v9 2.2 upgrade from ZTE is here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download from here

http://www.mediafire...b6ty863olhb36t8

please follow the instructions carefully.

You need to email ZTE a screencapture of a page.

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for contacting ZTE.

I'm sorry to tell you that the V9 series can completely support android2.2 on the hardware part.

But no android2.2 software is available for those released phones.

End-users are advised not to upgrade their phone versions until the software is released formally.

Always you can follow other pertinent information from our official website.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards

Sincerely yours

Just sad... lol

jimmyjack72

jimmyjack72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9, Samsung Galaxy S
  • Twitter:@jimmyjack72
Does anyone know where the bootanimation is on the Optus Mytab version?

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Also, root access with the v9 will only be temp if Secure mode is enabled. (which can be messy to disable)

Please explain me how :D

default.prop

ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debugenable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

My boot.img is unsecured, I am cooked the ROM in kitchen.
So method like this: http://www.theandroi...vo-shift-99187/ is the same if I have rooted custom ROM right?
Fix me if I am wrong or explain me what I need to do too..

So I accept any help what assist me to resolve temp root problem.

Root apps say Phone rooted, only this superuser app not works and I can't access /data with rootexplorer, but I have full access to /system LOL.

About the splash screen, here I have a White backgrounded ZTE Logo, this is what I got when go tu DFU mode too.
After green android logo, than bootanimation.zip (actually I added my custom)

Edited by Biti, 19 March 2011 - 01:04 PM.

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Does anyone know where the bootanimation is on the Optus Mytab version?

/system/bin/bootanimation

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Drat!! I figgered out how to enable the "desktop" (mainly the lock screen actually) rotation on my Optus v9... but forgot to save the setting into my backup, now I've gone and lost it again... lol :s

Edit: Hmm, I just noticed Sebastian404 figgered this part out (maybe) seems his rom is allowing the lock screen rotation. Anyone know what setting he changed? -- I'll go start having a looksie tho anyways :D

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 19 March 2011 - 02:23 PM.

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Please explain me how :D

default.prop

ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debugenable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
My boot.img is unsecured, I am cooked the ROM in kitchen.
So method like this: http://www.theandroi...vo-shift-99187/ is the same if I have rooted custom ROM right?
Fix me if I am wrong or explain me what I need to do too..
So I accept any help what assist me to resolve temp root problem.

Root apps say Phone rooted, only this superuser app not works and I can't access /data with rootexplorer, but I have full access to /system LOL.
About the splash screen, here I have a White backgrounded ZTE Logo, this is what I got when go tu DFU mode too.
After green android logo, than bootanimation.zip (actually I added my custom)

You've already done the most critical part and set the ro.secure=0 setting (which is also the messiest part)

Once you have the secure setting disabled, you should be able to download and install UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5 (I found earlier versions didn't work quite as well as this one does)...
for the most part you should be able to just run this app (I'd remove any existing versions of the Superuser app before running, just to be safe), do not alter the settings in UniversalAndroot... just run as is.
This app will take care of the exploit and permission changes needed to link the Superuser app to requests for root (otherwise apps will just be granted access, which will cause some to fail).

Open a terminal window and run the sync command (or just run via "adb shell sync", either works fine).

P.S. The method between devices (and brands) is slightly different, there is a huge difference between the HTC Desire and the ZTE v9 (and the key part is... it's easier to root the v9 once secure is off)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 19 March 2011 - 02:14 PM.

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

You've already done the most critical part and set the ro.secure=0 setting (which is also the messiest part)

Once you have the secure setting disabled, you should be able to download and install UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5 (I found earlier versions didn't work quite as well as this one does)...
for the most part you should be able to just run this app (I'd remove any existing versions of the Superuser app before running, just to be safe), do not alter the settings in UniversalAndroot... just run as is.
This app will take care of the exploit and permission changes needed to link the Superuser app to requests for root (otherwise apps will just be granted access, which will cause some to fail).

Open a terminal window and run the sync command (or just run via "adb shell sync", either works fine).

P.S. The method between devices (and brands) is slightly different, there is a huge difference between the HTC Desire and the ZTE v9 (and the key part is... it's easier to root the v9 once secure is off)

I tried Universal Androot, says Failed Fu goo or something like that, now I try to manuall install su binaries from recovery maybe this fix the problem.
Update# Not fixed superuser app say Su binary v original

Installed this package, su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip
My V9 override this or look for su in a different place I dunno.

My system/bin/su is r-sr-x--- and created when I cooked the rom, after isntall package from recover what replace this file lol :S

After reboot phone restore the original su in /system/bin and what I emoved from xbin why?

OK all fixed now except the su permissions in /system/bin, after reboot its go back to the original, any idea?

Edited by Biti, 19 March 2011 - 03:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users