490 replies to this topic

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8230
The problem started with modded boot image, I just changed the su permissions in init.rc to 4755 from 4550 and checked the crc, but phone not rebooted :S

After I flashed the original img files hrought this m2.zip in phone flasher, reboot and totaly deliquescent screen. USB Device cannot recognized message, no vol up or/and down + power works, I try to change it back for a new one and I believe that the service don't notice my tricks.

Anyway I found the way how to root the new devices just need to do it safety :S

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540f Android 2.3.5

The problem started with modded boot image, I just changed the su permissions in init.rc to 4755 from 4550 and checked the crc, but phone not rebooted :S

After I flashed the original img files hrought this m2.zip in phone flasher, reboot and totaly deliquescent screen. USB Device cannot recognized message, no vol up or/and down + power works, I try to change it back for a new one and I believe that the service don't notice my tricks.

My first v9 I totally bricked by flashing a Blade 2.2 boot image onto it (I didn't really read the forums, or think about it much for that matter lol... just found it and slaped it on, I didn't even put recovery image or anything on first... just the boot, lol).
I took that back and they sent it off to the service center to be repaired... 2 weeks latter I got a new device, seems they couldn't even figger out what I'd done :s

So there is always the chance it will get replaced, first thing I did when I got the replacement was to put Sebastian404's recovery image onto it. Since then, I've moded pretty much every image file (besides recovery lol)

Programs are like Cathedrals, first we build them... then we pray!

Damian J

Damian J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8860, Galaxy Note
This thread and the other one at xda has become wayyy too cluttered. I just created a forum for this device

www.ztev9.tk

Enjoy!!!

Also looking for a couple mods so pm me over there.

Damian J

Damian J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Can sebastian or serialmonkey please post your recovery over at my forum. Cheers!!!

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

This thread and the other one at xda has become wayyy too cluttered. I just created a forum for this device

www.ztev9.tk

Enjoy!!!

Also looking for a couple mods so pm me over there.

Well... I think Sebastian404 would have to be on that list, presuming he is willing to join there also :D

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Can sebastian or serialmonkey please post your recovery over at my forum. Cheers!!!

I have copied Sebastian404's post across, it does look kinda weird tho... as the other forms are a bit narrower.
(I'm happy to edit/remove the post in any way should Sebastian404 desire, after all... it's his work, not mine I pasted)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 20 March 2011 - 05:40 AM.

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Boston + ZTE V9
  • Twitter:@alphaxs
I confirm when in ftm mode, untill now the options is tech support, since no one seems to have or found a usable firmware flasher/or drivers to use the device once it goes FTM.

If there´s a workaround post a tut i shure many out there would apreciated that!

Edited by alpha xs, 20 March 2011 - 02:14 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

So do you have a working V9 now ? with 2.2?

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
I should point out that the interesting thing about this new 2.2 kernel is that where the blades 2.2 kernel only included references to the blade, the shipped kernel includes references to ALL of zte's line up, the Blade, the Racer, etc..

So it looks like ZTE have gone and back ported the kernel to all of their older devices, we have already seen the 2.2 update for the Racer, and some Chinese maniacs have managed use hacked up blade kernel to boot it, so I wonder if we will see more 2.2 for other ZTE legacy devices.

I was wondering if the earthquake in Japan has affected ZTE, I know they held a press conference on Friday morning in London, talking of the Skate and V9+/V12 and their lack of faith in a Windows7 phone. But they have not responded to the mailing list, where in the past they where very good at that.

It took quite a lot of pestering to get them to put out a working Blade Kernel, and infact I have 5 different archives of what they put out, of which only the last one will build, and even then we need to fix some typos in it.

You can use the same Source to build a kernel for the Racer but the Camera wont work, and the Joe, but the touch screen wont work correctly....

Lets just hope they have improved their version control practices

Edited by Sebastian404, 20 March 2011 - 03:20 PM.

Gaz14

Gaz14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9, Huawei U8300

Just downloaded the romdump (slow connection today).
I´ve seen that thesytem is not in a img format and the gx file is giiving error, gonna try to download again..
Still if anyone is in a fast connection give this a try:

use boot.img form the original device (2.1 version)
use sebastian407 recovery image
and the 2.2 system image (a new dump with the correct img format would be needed or then just cook one form the gz if it extracts, to do so you need linux and a kitchen any wiill do since you will need to do no changes just to pack the files)

(i´ve tried this "before" and it booted, and when i mean before de 2.2 i used was chinese blade's 2.2)

Yeah it booted, but touchscreen was all over the place and had a few FCs, but was able to restore my backup through recovery

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Yep, put a script in /system/etc/init.d and chmod 755 they will be run after the init.rc

I have no init.d, but no problem If I can get into recovery :D

So do you have a working V9 now ? with 2.2?

yes they replaced my phone, what totaly died in this accident, maybe your device is flashable with my img files in this method, but with that russian flashable firmware my V9 died, other problem can be I skipped splash.img :S

Questions

- Flash recovery image from Recovery Manager = flash it with fastboot right?
- Edit init.rc can brick phone, I need to add chmod 4755 /system/bin/su line somewhere what chane permissons until phone boots, but I don't want to edig boot.img till I can't get to recovery with volup+pwr

Any idea why volup+pwr not work to get in recovery mode?

I found something like my problem:

We can only get into recovery by pressing vol - on the blade because we hijacked FTM mode. FTM mode uses the same parition as recovery but disabled lots of stuff, so when our custom clockwork recovery starts up it checks to see if it's in FTM mode and then does a reboot recovery to get into proper recovery mode where everything is enabled. You really need to get a modification of clockwork going for your device, this may be as esy as starting with the Blade recovery, unpacking, replace the kernel with yours and re-pack. Then flash either using fastboot or if you can SU then from terminal run flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwrecovery.img.

Sebastian can you help me in this? Now I go to FTM (DFU) mode when press vol down

Last time I flashed a wrong boot.img an I cannot get into recovery, cause there is 2 ways - adb and from the android system, and with damaged img adb not worked, phone rebooted after 1-2s.

I have a working cooked ROM, but there is a chmod to su in init.rc, and manual extracted and recompiled boot.img not worked. They won't replace it next time If I miss something so I have to be safe.

I checked your recover what created from my kernel, and maybe in recovery.sh input4 is not the voldown I really don't understand all about how this works, but they changed something. Only works from adb or phone reboot in recovery mode.

In recovery vol down is key 114 vol up is key 115 power is key 142 long press is 116

Other, not the most important now:
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq and scaling_max_freq Can I set them to 800000 or this kill my phone too?
there is an init.qcom.post_boot.sh what send CPU min fre values to the scaling_min_fre, maybe I can send the max values too.,

Edited by Biti, 21 March 2011 - 10:54 PM.

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
dupe

Edited by Biti, 21 March 2011 - 09:45 PM.

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
dupe

Edited by Biti, 21 March 2011 - 09:45 PM.

Sifudean

Sifudean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:V9 V2.2, Blade V2.2 & others

hi Sifudean,

I dont want to cause any offence, but we had a number of people who came onto the Blade forum and claimed to be the brother/son/daughter/friend of a friend of a guy who worked for ZTE/Orange/The CIA and has heard there was a 2.2 update for the blade coming next Wednesday...

I do hope there is a 2.2 update, its is a fairly simple thing for ZTE to do, but I'd wonder why they where not aiming for a 2.3 or 3.0 update...

There are other Australian guys on this forum, it might be worth giving out the link to your Forum for them..

Sorry - I don't visit this forum often as I am busy.

My Blade is V2.2 so I never saw an update.

I can't talk about what the company is planning as its a secret - really it is plus I don't get involved at that level - I am in the device testing and delivery and support the devices once launched as a high level support mainly due to the months of experience we get early in the device life.

Regards,

D.

Sifudean

Sifudean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:V9 V2.2, Blade V2.2 & others

Thanks guys, I did get the IP blocked problem... odd they ip protect the whole .AU site.....

Hi Sebastian,

I block all foreign IP's since the beginning on March as we do not have the forum to support global community, only for Australian and New Zealand users. Its unique in that we run it ourselves, me mainly, but there are a few other staff on there that I ask to respond based on their particular knowledge and area of focus. We wanted feedback on our local devices and the issues that users find on a platform we could manage / control.

The control term sounds strong but we want people to give us the details and not rants so thats what I control.

Reason for the block was half our traffic was foreign and as our site and knowledge base is only on our locally released devices we don't want users asking for things we can't help with. Plus there is a number of tools and drivers etc that we went to the effort to get for our local users and the foreign markets have to support their devices and users with their own mechanisms and not our site / tools. There is no use in a Russian user upgrading their device with Australian firmware...They will find it difficult for warranty claims.

But ask questions directly or via this forum and I promise to login once a week to check for now.

Regards,

D.

Damian J

Damian J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thanks guys, their is some good discussion going on at the ztev9.tk forums. Good to finally have a place for this!

Excuse the sneaky bump lol.

Edited by Damian J, 22 March 2011 - 10:56 AM.

turbology

turbology

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Soon to be - Acer Liquid Metal
Thank you all for the great works so far.
Not trying to keep your hopes up, I was contacted by supplier that ZTE is realeasing 2.2 Froyo for our V9.
ETA is early to mid April.
I check this forum every few days. Will dump an image asap when the 2.2 is made available to me.

Thanks.
Cheers.:D

p/s: I am official reseller for local ZTE V9 device.

XeKToReX

XeKToReX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:HTC Trophy, i8000, V9 MyTab

Thank you all for the great works so far.
Not trying to keep your hopes up, I was contacted by supplier that ZTE is realeasing 2.2 Froyo for our V9.
ETA is early to mid April.
I check this forum every few days. Will dump an image asap when the 2.2 is made available to me.

Thanks.
Cheers.:D

p/s: I am official reseller for local ZTE V9 device.

Sounds good mate, let's hope its all for real :D

If you can contact ZTE at all, see if you are able to convince them to release a real kernel for this thing!

XeKToReX

Biti

Biti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Anybody know what need to skip FTM mode and get into recovery mode with voldwn+pwr or what I need to change in my clockworkmod img? Please.

http://www.mediafire...v2t0ei1lzgqr9uf

This is my zImage extracted from my boot.img

I think need to hack this file to get recovery work with vol down + power on combo

And I have an other question too it possible to increase CPU speed to 800MHz somehow?

Edited by Biti, 23 March 2011 - 05:59 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Sebastian can you help me in this? Now I go to FTM (DFU) mode when press vol down

Last time I flashed a wrong boot.img an I cannot get into recovery, cause there is 2 ways - adb and from the android system, and with damaged img adb not worked, phone rebooted after 1-2s.

it would seem that ZTE have edited the kernel, or something else on the devices to remove FTM, or do 'something' with it that causes problems. I cant say any more because:

1) ZTE have not released the source code for the 'new' kernel (yet).
2) Neither I or anyone else knowledgeable seems to got hands on one of the new devices to experiment with.

I have a working cooked ROM, but there is a chmod to su in init.rc, and manual extracted and recompiled boot.img not worked. They won't replace it next time If I miss something so I have to be safe.

That is fairly common for ZTE, its on all the devices I've looked at, its stuff left over from debugging and if you look at the comment above that line it actually states that it should be removed prior to release...

If you keep it to your self tho.... one way forward is to flash clockwork recovery to your BOOT partition and then your expirmental boot images to the recovery partition, that way you will allways be able to boot into recovery, and use ADB to a 'boot recovery' and find out if your phone would boot 'normally'...

I checked your recover what created from my kernel, and maybe in recovery.sh input4 is not the voldown I really don't understand all about how this works, but they changed something. Only works from adb or phone reboot in recovery mode.

That is nothing to do with the button you have pressed, if you read the comments, it is a NASTY NASTY hack to get phone OUT of FTM mode and into recovery mode, hence the dual reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users