How to update:
Don't forget to update the app in the phone using Market.
Edited by Nicke, 28 January 2011 - 03:56 PM.
Jump to content
i have installed sony ericsson update service but i cant skip the phone selection part. the program forces me to choose a phone.any idea? se website doesnt help at all btw
I was wondering the very same thing, there does not seem a way to get past the "which phone..." screen
Select any phone.. like.. x10?
that would help but then im a little afraid of if it really works the update never mentioned there would be something like a liveview connected but this way i get to the point where it says -your device is up to date, you can now reinstall-
I've installed Service Update on my PC.
When it asks I select my phone as X10, then it tells me to plug in the device on USB.
I press both hardware buttons and on the screen of Liveview, I see a USB plug and DFU written.
My device manager shows a device named SEMC DFU
however, the service update software does not detect the Liveview.
It keeps waiting.
What is wrong with my setup ?
well, in fact I see that it does not allow me to pass without selecting a phone model.
it remembers the previous selection if I select nothing.
Edited by RiWaLE, 20 January 2011 - 12:28 PM.
Edited by Nicke, 20 January 2011 - 12:59 PM.
1. select the x10 (even if you don't have one)
2. put your liveview in DFU mode DISCONNECTED(!) (press both hwbuttons and screen while off)
3. CONNECT liveview NOW
4. SEUS will detect unknown model and update.
5. SEUS will say its unsuccessful, can safely ignore and disconnect
6. press power 15s to return to normal mode
when disconnected, the unit directly goes to normal "on" position rigth after pressing the on/off button.
So I can't do what you say.
how do you do that ?
btw, what do you mean by "press both hwbuttons and screen" ?
shall I press screen ?
1. Charge LiveView to maximum
2. Shutdown LiveView (hold Power till it is off)
3. With cable plugged in: hold down both buttons till DFU mode is shown
4. Start SE Updater (it will download all updates automatically)
5. Accept Terms and Conditions
6. In the next screen, do not make any change (the "Cedar" is already chosen - do not bother) - just click next in the lower right corner
7. Now it is waiting for the device... unplug the LiveView and plug it back in - it is now recognized and you are presented with the update process
Edited by Nicke, 28 January 2011 - 12:45 PM.
Yep, saw the update now announced at http://blogs.sonyeri...pdate-now-live/
If anyone's using with a Wildfire I'd be interested in experiences now with recent updates to the phone and to the LiveView - might buy a LiveView again if it now works.
Edited by Nicke, 28 January 2011 - 06:10 PM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users