6.1 NewLife English by jacobn

Guest jacobn

Guest pdadelisi

hi man can you tell me the reg tweak for classic 6.1 pop-up menus,classic smsinbox ? or make cab file that removes all samsung menus, and other big things without samsung today ?

i hate fingerfriendly too big skins,fonts i use stylus and my nails all ;) can you make a cab file that remove all BIG menus ...etc ? This is a proffesional device, i think there mustnt be BIG menus like child toy iphone on my device.

this is the 6.5 version of my question :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...e/#entry1331608

i hate fingerfriendly too big skins,fonts i use stylus and my nails all

Settings->System->Installed Items->Finger Suite AutoStart->remove a tag, SoftReset

Guest badmania98

Hi Jacobn. As I said good job. I have a request. In the clock menu ( see bellow your clock pictures) is missing a tab named Birthday or Anniversary. I have seen somewhere this tab with a birthday cake as icon. Do you know this tab?If you do, can you put the clock .cab containing this tab? Thanks.

post-451289-1296157602_thumb.jpg

I have seen somewhere this tab with a birthday cake as icon. Do you know this tab?If you do, can you put the clock .cab containing this tab? Thanks.

I anywhere did not see such tab. If prompt where to find, I shall make .cab.

• 2 weeks later...

jacobn,

I use your ROM, 6.1_NewLife_EN_2.2 and I find it very nice, but I have two issues, which I cannot solve myself.

First thing is 'cannot connect notification', which appears all the time. I use NoData to avoid GPRS connection, but all previous ROMs handled this cannot connect issue quietly. Yours displays this notification apparently every time connection cannot be established and it is really disturbing while reading previously saved pages in Opera.

Second thing is autorotation of Opera. I have installed Opera Mobile 9.5 build 18452-JB1 coming from this modaco.com thread and although I have disabled autorotation from settings, it rotates the screen.

Hopefully you can help me with them.

Regards,

patcho

UPDATE

I've managed to solve the issue - I installed Opera Mobile 9.7 instead of 9.5 and there is neither cannot connect notification nor autorotation.

patcho

Edited by patcho

Did anyone get this to work with versions 1.2 or 2.2?

Could installing this CAB not work, I mean, apply no changes? It installs this "Samsung Digital Volume", but it still goes old-fashioned round 5-level.

Edited by RRPPC

Did anyone get this to work with versions 1.2 or 2.2?

Could installing this CAB not work, I mean, apply no changes? It installs this "Samsung Digital Volume", but it still goes old-fashioned round 5-level.

It from the last ROM Samsung! It is more of levels only in the Samsung applications - TouchPlayer, FM-Radio...

Guest paranoiadk

Awesome job! First time with a 6.1 rom and I have to say I'm impressed. It's as fast as fast can be. :huh: Not going back to 6.5.x even if it's finger friendly! :)

I do have a question: How do I access windows mobile settings? (not samsung settings, but the start menu, basically. mainmenu keeps popping up on winlogo click)

EDIT: NVM, found it. (disabled touchwiz ui)

Now I have another question. :P Can I update WidgetPlus? I flashed v2 and installed WP from a 6.5 rom to no effect. I'm going to try v 1.2, but I imagine the WP version is old and the newer ones run smoother...

Edited by paranoiadk

Now I have another question. :huh: Can I update WidgetPlus? I flashed v2 and installed WP from a 6.5 rom to no effect. I'm going to try v 1.2, but I imagine the WP version is old and the newer ones run smoother...

On v2.1 and v2.2 for work WidgetPlus to install AdobeFlashLite.

On v1.2 - adapted WP from Samsung ROM JA5 (6.5).

Guest paranoiadk

AdobeFlashLite doesn't seem to do the trick. I get a quick view at WP and then it goes away and the wait cursor appears...

I'll try 1.2, but rapidshare isn't working right now where I'm from... Guess I'll have to wait for it. Thanks anyway!!

EDIT: Turned off SSL, downloading now...

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest paranoiadk

You wouldn't happen to have a cab for PhotoAlbum lying around, would you? :huh:

It seems none of the 6.5 or 6.5.x version will work on 6.1

GPRS Counter works fine, though...