USB Host mode - Working Devices (a list)

Guest bazzlad

Guest bazzlad

As the title says - here's my list thus far:

Working

Generic USB Hub

Single USB Sticks

Generic USB Flash Card Reader

Wireless and wired USB Mice

USB Keyboard

Not working

Hotswapping of USB Sticks without a restart

Generic USB Control Pads

USB HTC Desire in Sdcard mode

USB HTC Desire in USB Tether mode

And a Video of most of the above:

Edited by bazzlad

As the title says - here's my list thus far:

Working

Generic USB Hub

Single USB Sticks

Generic USB Flash Card Reader

Wireless and wired USB Mice

USB Keyboard

Not working

Hotswapping of USB Sticks without a restart

Generic USB Control Pads

USB HTC Desire in Sdcard mode

USB HTC Desire in USB Tether mode

And a Video of most of the above:

having problems with my wiresless mouse, works but is very jumpy, no smooth movement - works fine on other pc's and laptops, strange vega doesnt like it that much.

ive also had the vega charging AAA batterys on my usb charger.

Guest bazzlad

Got a Logitech USB Webcam working (when USB Camera enabled is set in the options menu) awful picture colourwise (looks better quality that aside).

Don't know if it would have worked in slave mode (hence the option).

Video of USB Webcam in use:

Edited by bazzlad

Guest bazzlad
Got a Logitech USB Webcam working (when USB Camera enabled is set in the options menu) awful picture colourwise (looks better quality that aside).

Don't know if it would have worked in slave mode (hence the option).

Really weird - on screen the USB camera was recording in reverse - but when played back the video is the correct way around!

Edited by bazzlad

Guest debs626
Really weird - on screen the USB camera was recording in reverse - but when played back the video is the correct way around!

USB camera dosnt work in slave, just tested it with two cameras

I'm still on usb slave and would love Host but I really don't understand how to do it. It would be nice and greatly appreciated if someone could write up a step by step idiots guide (i'm refering to myself)

Edited by debs626

Guest bazzlad
USB camera dosnt work in slave, just tested it with two cameras

I'm still on usb slave and would love Host but I really don't understand how to do it. It would be nice and greatly appreciated if someone could write up a step by step idiots guide (i'm refering to myself)

I'll write you one up!

Guest thedicemaster

hotswapping of usb sticks works depending on the usb stick used.

it works perfectly fine with a freecom 2.5" external harddrive, and kingston datatraveler locker.

also, USB numpads work(although some buttons aren't recognised properly and num-lock doesn't work as it should either)

the "htc desire" part in the 1st post can be replaced with "android phone", it's not just the desire that can't be recognised.

not a problem for me though, got bluetooth for file transfer and wifi for tethering.

Guest JordanT92

You could technically add Huawei 3G USB dongles to the Working list, as they do work. But someone needs to work out how to get the 3G options to show up in the Vega's settings menu... anybody know what files need to be modified? I'll give it a go when I get home from work tonight. But any help would be appreciated.

Guest thedicemaster

it will certainly work, although i can't guarantee all keys will work as expected.

any USB mouse or keyboard should work, specifically because of the importance of those 2 devices they are designed to always work with generic USB HID drivers like the ones on the tablet.

Guest trevor432990

Saitek Wireless Notebook Mouse works nicely apart from centre scroll wheel which has no effect (need to research further)

Cruzer 16GB memory stick works fine though I still don't like ejecting without an eject command (is there one?) Update:- Apparently there isn't one currently

Edited by trevor432990

Guest princeotter
Saitek Wireless Notebook Mouse works nicely apart from centre scroll wheel which has no effect (need to research further)

Cruzer 16GB memory stick works fine though I still don't like ejecting without an eject command (is there one?) Update:- Apparently there isn't one currently

Is this a big issue. Can't say I have ever trashed a USB stick in many years of just pulling out ;-) or have I just been lucky

Edited by princeotter

Is this a big issue. Can't say I have ever trashed a USB stick in many years of just pulling out ;-) or have I just been lucky

right not working, my logitech orbit usb camera force closes the camera app,

also a sd card reader to usb not working - i think this is because it was only a quid.!!

WORKING

my acer revo usb mouse and keyboard. "SWEET"

will try my 3g dongle next.

my 3 dongle lights up,

also my bluetooth microsoft laser mouse 8000 works.

Edited by r8zer

Guest debs626

Maybe putting your Vega into suspend before taking out the memory stick would reduce the risk ?

Adding to the list of compatable devices

Technika USB tiny mouse (cheap tesco brand)

Philips Freevents wireless keyboard

Bush USB 4 port hub PHX03H

RunDisk 2.0 4gb pen drive

Some of the media keys work too - Vol + -, back and forward arrow button and search button

Esc = back button

Windows key = Menu

F1 also = Menu

F4 = suspend + wake up

Will add more KB shortcuts as I find them

Do all portable HDD's Desktop HDDs and pendrives need to be fat32 formatted for them to be recognised ?

Guest Touch Graphite

Won't the above list be better edited now with a comprehensive list sectioning different devices with what manufacturers and models with full/part/no functionality.

At least the list would be fairly mapped with the members devices.

Guest Pantaloonie

My Logitech DiNovo Edge works as a keyboard, but the mouse pad on it doesn't work. A Logitech VX Nano mouse plugged in at the same time, using a usb hub, works.

Guest xathras
right not working, my logitech orbit usb camera force closes the camera app,

also a sd card reader to usb not working - i think this is because it was only a quid.!!

WORKING

my acer revo usb mouse and keyboard. "SWEET"

will try my 3g dongle next.

my 3 dongle lights up,

also my bluetooth microsoft laser mouse 8000 works.

I've got a Transcend 8GB Class 6 sdhc that came with a Transcend branded usb adapter, and mine doesn't work either. It might somehow be a generic problem with these adapters.

Guest trevor432990

Edit to add

NTFS formatted USB key doesn't work.

Shame that NTFS isn't supported yet because I'd really like to use the Vega as an output device for HD videos using USB keys as it is far more flexible that way unless we can get streaming working well.