Need help, phone not working

Guest pooch11

Guest pooch11

Hi everyone. I am in need of some help. My Omnia i900 has become useless since I tried flashing a ROM. I'll explain in detail what happened and where I'm at.

My phone had been running WM6.1 that came originally installed. I was hoping to update to a new version so I came looking on this site for such roms and instructions on how to flash.

First I downloaded OCK's Rom (PREMIUM - Updated: 14th Dec 2010)

Next I made all the necessary steps to ensure my phone was connected, XP read the phone, I had drivers, Activesync installed, etc.

I ran the updater and everything seemed to run smoothly

It suddenly froze at 28%

I left it there for hours but it would not budge

I disconnected my phone and obviously this was not a good thing

So now I am left with the phone not going past the black screen with Samsung Omnia written in white. I've tried re-flashing with the same rom and other roms as well but the same thing continuously happens. The update stops at a random percentage during the "Writing image" stage.

I am clueless of what I need to do, or if there is even anything I can do. I would love some feedback or advice. Thanks in advance.

Guest dreamnej
Hi everyone. I am in need of some help. My Omnia i900 has become useless since I tried flashing a ROM. I'll explain in detail what happened and where I'm at.

My phone had been running WM6.1 that came originally installed. I was hoping to update to a new version so I came looking on this site for such roms and instructions on how to flash.

First I downloaded OCK's Rom (PREMIUM - Updated: 14th Dec 2010)

Next I made all the necessary steps to ensure my phone was connected, XP read the phone, I had drivers, Activesync installed, etc.

I ran the updater and everything seemed to run smoothly

It suddenly froze at 28%

I left it there for hours but it would not budge

I disconnected my phone and obviously this was not a good thing

So now I am left with the phone not going past the black screen with Samsung Omnia written in white. I've tried re-flashing with the same rom and other roms as well but the same thing continuously happens. The update stops at a random percentage during the "Writing image" stage.

I am clueless of what I need to do, or if there is even anything I can do. I would love some feedback or advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi;

what to do

1 - must be pc xp

2 - Turn off the virus program

3 - sim card and memory card out

4 - a different rom download (I recommend pdhee)

5 - get the phone fully charged battery

6 - Run the phone off rum

7 - Open the phone and press start.

phone does not work, both burned, the main card will change.

edit: i am bad english speak. sorry :)

Guest pooch11
Hi;

what to do

1 - must be pc xp

2 - Turn off the virus program

3 - sim card and memory card out

4 - a different rom download (I recommend pdhee)

5 - get the phone fully charged battery

6 - Run the phone off rum

7 - Open the phone and press start.

phone does not work, both burned, the main card will change.

edit: i am bad english speak. sorry :)

Thanks for your help. Can you tell me where I can find pdhee?

Also, what do you mean in #6 - Run the phone off rum?

Thanks again

Guest pooch11

UPDATE

I successfully completed the image writing. I got to 100% for the first time ever and it said JOB DONE

The only problem is the phone is still staying stuck on the Omnia screen and not moving. I took out the battery and tried again but same result.

So is my phone f_cked? I'm thinking it might be.

UPDATE

I successfully completed the image writing. I got to 100% for the first time ever and it said JOB DONE

The only problem is the phone is still staying stuck on the Omnia screen and not moving. I took out the battery and tried again but same result.

So is my phone f_cked? I'm thinking it might be.

Hi, how long was it stuck at the Omnia logo? If you see the Omnia logo it's not likely to be broken.

Perhaps you would want to try another reflash and see if it boots past the Omnia logo. Sometimes it's normal to stay at the Omnia logo for a while.

Guest pooch11
Hi, how long was it stuck at the Omnia logo? If you see the Omnia logo it's not likely to be broken.

Perhaps you would want to try another reflash and see if it boots past the Omnia logo. Sometimes it's normal to stay at the Omnia logo for a while.

I have it stuck on the Omnia screen for a good 10 minutes with nothing happening. I've reseted the phone (little button you press with a pin) and same result.

I will try reflashing with a different ROM. The problem I run into though is that I never get to 100% except for the last try where it finally made it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brandonhere
I have it stuck on the Omnia screen for a good 10 minutes with nothing happening. I've reseted the phone (little button you press with a pin) and same result.

I will try reflashing with a different ROM. The problem I run into though is that I never get to 100% except for the last try where it finally made it.

I have the same problem every time I try a new ROM, it sometimes takes 10+ tries, like yours it stops anywhere, sometimes the green progress bar stops and the install keeps going! It will finally work! I think I have managed to stuff up though as all I now have is a blank screen and a power button that blinks on for 1sec then out and have to remove the battery to make it do so again! Grrr.

Good luck

Guest mide74

You have to wait with unplugging your phone till it says 'Job done!' in the blue progress bar window not when it says 100%.

Maybe that's it?

• 2 weeks later...