remapping buttons

Guest dipak2010

Guest dipak2010

Hi folks, was wondering if it was possible to remap buttons on the vega? Remapping the hard back button so a long presss would take u back to home screen?? Help would be appreciated, thanks!

Dipak

Guest warriorscot

There is also a guide on here, its pretty easy I would use the guide on here its actually easier than the xda ones.

Edited by warriorscot

Guest crockwit

An easy way to get a hard home button is to use the spare parts app. Use the "End Button Behavior" option to set the main power switch to "Go to home". A short press of the power button now sends you to home from within any app. You can no longer go into standby using the power button but the automatic standby after so many minutes still works. A long press of the power button still works to shutdown the device. I find this button really useful if Angry Birds crashes. A quick press sends you to your home screen where you can use a task manager to kill Angry Birds.

Guest dipak2010
An easy way to get a hard home button is to use the spare parts app. Use the "End Button Behavior" option to set the main power switch to "Go to home". A short press of the power button now sends you to home from within any app. You can no longer go into standby using the power button but the automatic standby after so many minutes still works. A long press of the power button still works to shutdown the device. I find this button really useful if Angry Birds crashes. A quick press sends you to your home screen where you can use a task manager to kill Angry Birds.

perfect thanx!

Guest emergant

Best of both worlds is to select home then standby. First press takes you home and when pressed again on the home page, the screen blanks

Guest amarko5

why do this when a long press gives you a popup menu that allows you to goto home as well ?????? seems a little pointless to me !!!

why do this when a long press gives you a popup menu that allows you to goto home as well ?????? seems a little pointless to me !!!

In all fairness I have remapped by button to the Home then Sleep config and my personal opinion is far better to quick press to go home instead of having to keep long pressing every time but each to their I suppose.