half root froyo 1.5.1???

Guest ren7o

I think somethink is wrong with root.

Streak LED is not working Screen Shot It and radio app too.

It says somethink like you havent root privileges. I have tried it on clean 1.5.1.

Can anybody help?

I have tried factory reset, clean dalvik and cache, format partitions data, system, boot. And I still getting FC when I try to use Androot. Streak led is not working as well. I don't know what else I can try. In 1.4.6 everything works fine.

I have tried factory reset, clean dalvik and cache, format partitions data, system, boot. And I still getting FC when I try to use Androot. Streak led is not working as well. I don't know what else I can try. In 1.4.6 everything works fine.

Same thing with me, FC when i try to root, so at least your not alone.

Guest airestonia

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue.

I personally have tried deleting partition cache from clockWork, hardReset, going back to 1.4.6 and then onto 1.5.1, but I still cannot use the StreakVibrations app that requires rootAccess. Using Androot I get FCs on trying to re-root the phone.

Any help or advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Guest airestonia
1.5.1 is rooted already, and factory rest /formating things in clockwork DOES NOT work you need to usethe factory reset on the first recovery screen

Thank you very much for your input.

I have just tried this method but in vain.

Just to make sure I understand what the first recovery screen is:

it's the screen that appears when starting up streak with both volume keys pressed right?

And from that screen selecting "Factory Reset" should have fixed my Androot FC issue?

Thank you,

Eugene

Guest airestonia
no you dont need to use androot AT ALL

I understand that 1.5.1 is already rooted and there is no need in trying to re-root it.

I have turned to Androot only after app StreakVibrations has reported following: "Unexpected result on permission check: -rw-r--r--

That's why I though that app isn't getting root permission, even though it's in the list of Superuser.

I'd appreciate if you could recommend any other app that disabled absolutely all vibrations.

Thank you,

Eugene

Guest airestonia
try looking for spare parts and disablign haptic feedback :)

I am aware of this option and I always had it on disabled.

The thing is that disabling haptic feedback, doesn't disable vibration on let's say unlocking device, or long pressing on "home button" if one wants to see his recent app list.

The app in question - StreakVibrations - used to work up until 1.5.1 and it disabled absolutely all vibrations on any event.

Thank you,

Eugene

Guest Stephen Hyde
I am aware of this option and I always had it on disabled.

The thing is that disabling haptic feedback, doesn't disable vibration on let's say unlocking device, or long pressing on "home button" if one wants to see his recent app list.

The app in question - StreakVibrations - used to work up until 1.5.1 and it disabled absolutely all vibrations on any event.

Thank you,

Eugene

probably tries to access a fs object with wrong permissions by looks of it

Guest airestonia
probably tries to access a fs object with wrong permissions by looks of it

It's strange indeed, because the app used to work up until 1.5.1 as I've stated before.

If you have time and will to look into this issue I can provide any logs requested.

Or you could try this app for yourself.

http://www.draisberghof.de/android/StreakVibrations.apk

Thank you,

Eugene

Guest airestonia

Stephen, have you had time to look into this issue?

Please pardon for bumping this thread but I really liked having a possibility to switch all the vibrations off.

Thank you in advance!

Guest Deinehoelle

I have the same problem with a app copy text on screen app this is asking for root rights and says there seems to be that your device is not rooted. Androot version 1.5.3. 1.6.1 and the latest beta make a FC while try to root it.I completely deinstalled it with systemapp remover. The only program what works is setcpu. I have the same expirence that by android 1.5 androot was working please fix this steve.

Guest airestonia
I found for my self the solution i have gone back to steves 1.5.0 and after that androot every version was working without any errors. Hope this helps

Thank you for your input, but unfortunately this hasn't worked for me.

I have update to 1.5.2 Steve's build and still cannot use StreakVibrations app.

I have then went back to 1.4.6 checked it there - works, updated amss.mbn file, updated to 1.5.2 and still cannot get it to work.

I am now trying to use "Autostart" app which would enable me to start following script on every boot:

chmod 0444 /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/enable

But for that I have to create a folder with a file: /data/opt/autostart.sh

But I cannot because it seems that my 1.5.2 build is not rooted or possibly partially rooted.

Stephen, if you have time, please assist! Your help is deeply appreciated!

Thank you!

Thank you for your input, but unfortunately this hasn't worked for me.

I have update to 1.5.2 Steve's build and still cannot use StreakVibrations app.

I have then went back to 1.4.6 checked it there - works, updated amss.mbn file, updated to 1.5.2 and still cannot get it to work.

I am now trying to use "Autostart" app which would enable me to start following script on every boot:

chmod 0444 /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/enable

But for that I have to create a folder with a file: /data/opt/autostart.sh

But I cannot because it seems that my 1.5.2 build is not rooted or possibly partially rooted.

Stephen, if you have time, please assist! Your help is deeply appreciated!

Thank you!

adb shell

su

mkdir /data/opt

cd data/opt

Works for me