• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

craigb87

craigb87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus (2.1)
I've got an LG Optimus GT540 running 2.1, and use ADW launcher which has the ability to auto hide the notification bar, and bring it back with a gesture. This is great but only works on the homescreen. I would like to hide it while I'm using certain apps, so that I've got a tiny bit more room on the screen and it looks a bit prettier. Is there any way to do this if the app doesn't have a full screen mode?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Craig

cablepc

cablepc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omnia

I've got an LG Optimus GT540 running 2.1, and use ADW launcher which has the ability to auto hide the notification bar, and bring it back with a gesture. This is great but only works on the homescreen. I would like to hide it while I'm using certain apps, so that I've got a tiny bit more room on the screen and it looks a bit prettier. Is there any way to do this if the app doesn't have a full screen mode?

Craig

Lanucher Pro http://www.appbrain....m.fede.launcher

It lets you hide the notification bar, meanwhile you can show it by gesture or desktop buttons

vinokirk

vinokirk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:DHD, DZ, SF
ADW can do it too

maedox

maedox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@maedox
The two above can't read. There's no way to hide the statusbar if the app doesn't support it. Sure you can remove it entirely, but I don't think that's what you want.

Anil K Solanki

Anil K Solanki

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy NEXUS
  • Twitter:@aksolanki

Craig

Hi, maedox is right, so I am sorry but the notification bar cannot be hidden in an app unless the app has this feature enabled within the code. It is up to the developer to decide this. Home launchers such as ADW are simply apps that have this feature enabled.

I hope this helps.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki, 13 June 2011 - 06:03 PM.

Galaxy NEXUS with a side of Jelly Bean.

flshg

flshg

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
You two are hardcore - helping out on a question thats over 6 months old

flsh grdn

...................................................................................................................................................................................

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco Grey

Running Eco CM9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users