08 Aug GRJ22 colour revert: Superboot - rooting the Nexus S

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jlopez1286

I need help... I accedently click ans installed the superboot on my nexus s, but it was loaded with 2.3.3, not 2.3.2, now my phone wont boot...stays stuck at the Google logo.... what can i do???

I need help... I accedently click ans installed the superboot on my nexus s, but it was loaded with 2.3.3, not 2.3.2, now my phone wont boot...stays stuck at the Google logo.... what can i do???

Use the one I just posted! :huh:

P

Guest Jlopez1286
No chance.

P

phone still wont boot, i tried wiping the system and reinstall 2.3.3 but now it wont install it and wont pass the "Google" logo...what now???

update: I tied it again and it worked on the second time!! thanks Paul!! :)

Edited by Jlopez1286

Guest drizzt430

Paul looks like all your download link for the superboot are corrupted, when tryna download them they all finished at about 200k rather than 4mb, so cant use it, plz check

Guest cfhuk

Download is working fine. Superuser applies flawlessly. This is only for the nexus s. Go to nexus one section to make sure you are getting the right files.

On another note, my girlfriend's nexus one got the 2.3.3 OTA this morning on a UK Vodafone spec handset on o2.

Edited by cfhuk

Guest lovelymanmk

Could any please provide a different link for download. I don't have access to this link in my area.

MY PHONE IS: GRH78

Thanks in advance

Guest Jibreil

Hi Paul, thanks for the 2.3.3 Root for Nexus S. Seems like everyone is correct on complaining regarding downloading the file. Your Load-Balancing server is timing the file out after 10-15% of the download - sure it does work for some of you out there but most of us regardless of using Regular or Accelerated downloads just cannot download the file. It would be nice if someone could provide mirror links with the proper consent of Paul.

EDIT: After hitting CTRL+F5 (PC) multiple times on the Captcha screen - the download finally went through 100%! Hope this works for some of you facing the same issue as I am.

Edited by Jibreil

Guest aref9200

I wanted to install CM7 on my nexus but I couldn't install the ROM via clockwork recovery so I did SDEXT Partition after that I lost everything on SD.I have to move backup files to SD But I don't know how.pleas give me a solution.Only I have fastboot now.Is there any way to flash the ROM via superboot?

Guest aref9200

I wanted to install CM7 on my nexus but I couldn't install the ROM via clockwork recovery so I did SDEXT Partition after that I lost everything on SD.I have to move backup files to SD But I don't know how.pleas give me a solution.Only I have fastboot now.Is there any way to flash the ROM via superboot?

Guest moordown66

Can anyone give me a couple of tips before I start please? Don’t want to get half way through and find myself in a mess. I am totally new to this having come from an iphone which I did the jailbreak on.

I have a Nexus S with build GRH78C and I’ve downloaded the appropriate zip so I am ready to go. The thing is, I bought it from Carphone Warehouse so am assuming I have the retail version.

That’s where I’ve got stuck as there’s the note which says: If you are using a retail Nexus S, you may need to unlock the bootloader first, using './fastboot-windows oem unlock' (or the appropriate version for your PC). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device (including the internal SD storage!)

Do I have to do this, and how do I do this? If I do need to do it, can anyone point me to a simple step by step guide which assumes absolutely no knowledge?

What I actually want to do is load the Axura-1.3.16.11-NSE rom to see what that is all about.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest l4cky

I just bought a Nexus S GT-i9020F (canada, fido) and it is GRI54 preloaded in 2.3.3

1. Will superboot GRI40 work for me? If not what should i do?

2. What is a retail nexus s vs oem?

3. Also before rooting, do I need to backup some stuffs? If yes how?

4. Do I need to install a custom rom after rooting? (Is there going to be the original rom after rooting or you need to install a custom one?)

5. After rooting, how to do install app? (is there something like installous for iphone?)

Thanks, I am really new to android, I know nothing. Watched some videos but I am already lost :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Heintraag

If i understand the first post correctly it does not mess with the rom you got when you bought the phone. I unlocks the boot image.

But i also would like to know what a retail version is.. i got a Nexus S through Vodafone Netherlands and there is no Vodafone brand on it. Can i assume this is a non-retail version or is this a retails version because i got it through a provider?

Guest dgdroid
Hey Paul, will u have a supeboot for 2.3.4 also??? i just got my OTA update...

I wanted to "undo" Paul superboot installation in order to upgrade to 2.3.4 (unrooted).

I found a way that worked for me:

1) Download "f182cf141e6a.signed-soju-ota-102588.f182cf14.zip" (Stock ful 2.3.3 rom).

2) Deposit at the root of your SD on the phone.

3) Boot into Fastboot and chose recovery.

4) Choose the above file

5) Do the same with "a14a2dd09749.signed-soju-GRJ22-from-GRI40.a14a2dd0.zip" (upgrade to 2.3.4).

Now of course you have lost superboot... and your phone is virgin again (but still unlocked).

I hope this help.

PS: My Nexus S is I9020XXKB1 with Build number GRI40.

Edited by dgdroid