91 replies to this topic

shiver750

shiver750

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade/Ideos X5
Hi all,
I need help please!! I just unlocked bootloader and then chaos...I've tried many guides nothing worked for me to root and flash a recovery on my phone.Seems like recovery partition is unwrittable.For example,when i try to use bootloader from this post the commander stays at-download boot image.Or when i try to flash a recovery I get the messages-'cannot load image file' or this ---'sending recovery <4036kb>... FAILED (command write failed uknown error)"---.I also try some guides using sdk tools and I wrote some commands to see if work like 'erase recovery' and get message 'cannot be done-uknown error' and ofcourse neither with sdk tools can flash a recovery.I dont know many about android,I just follow some guides... but I really want to flash a new rom.What I'm doing wrong? Also I'd like to know if stock Nexus have a recovery already installed-In mine's I'm pretty sure that does not.

Phone is running 2.3.3 kernel 2.6.35.7-g1d030a7 android-build@apa28#1 GRI40
Thanks in advance for any help :rolleyes:

Edited by shiver750, 05 September 2011 - 01:33 PM.

engene188

engene188

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
Hi guys, I have the same problem as Oysterman. I did a bunch of reading and waited a couple of days before trying to take the jump and rooting the phone.

I unlocked the bootloader, but when I run the fastboot batch file I get the exact same problem as Oysterman. Now my phone is stuck at the google logo with the picture of the lock at the bottom.

I have the GRJ22, and have tried both of the links posed in the start of the thread.

How do I at least get the phone back into working order?

D:\superboot>fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.superboot.img
sending 'boot' (3024 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY

D:\superboot>fastboot-windows.exe reboot
rebooting...

engene188

engene188

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Figured it out. I downloaded one of the zip files mentioned in the thread, and extracted the boot.img. then I just changed the fastboot batch file to use that image instead of the superboot image.

Hi guys, I have the same problem as Oysterman. I did a bunch of reading and waited a couple of days before trying to take the jump and rooting the phone.

I unlocked the bootloader, but when I run the fastboot batch file I get the exact same problem as Oysterman. Now my phone is stuck at the google logo with the picture of the lock at the bottom.

I have the GRJ22, and have tried both of the links posed in the start of the thread.

How do I at least get the phone back into working order?

malathion

malathion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well I am pretty much stumped. The first time I ran this I got stuck at Google logo with the unlock icon, as others reported. Running it again did not help. Running every other version had no effect. Panic is beginning to set in. Any advice on how I can recover from this situation?

malathion

malathion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Well I am pretty much stumped. The first time I ran this I got stuck at Google logo with the unlock icon, as others reported. Running it again did not help. Running every other version had no effect. Panic is beginning to set in. Any advice on how I can recover from this situation?

All right here's a step by step "emergency fix". This is pretty much what you would do to root the phone by hand.

1. Download this file: http://download.cloc....0-crespo4g.img
2. Put it in the same directory as fastboot, which you can get out of any of the archives in the OP.
3. Put the Nexus S in recovery mode and connect the USB cable
4. Run fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-crespo4g.img
5. Run fastboot-windows reboot-recovery
6. You're now in CM recovery. Navigate to mount sdcard.
7. Copy a rooted rom for Nexus S onto the mounted partition. cyanogenmod here: http://download.cyan...device=crespo4g
8. Unmount in clockwork recovery.
9. Install update from ZIP file, and choose the downloaded ROM. Install it
10. Reboot and you now have a working ROM.

engene188

engene188

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
cool cool. thanks for the instructions. hope i can get it working this weekend

Dreamszz

Dreamszz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:@dreamszz
I recently installed vanilla android over my CM7 custom ROM. I have vanilla Android 2.3.6, kernel 2.6.35.7-gf5f63ef with build GRK39F. But root was lost, of course.

can I use the latest superboot? Or is there an alternative?

TroutT20

TroutT20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E, Nexus S
Can't seem to find a good solution for rooting my GRK39F. Seems be root for 2-3 days then loose it. None of the super boot options work well.

Lucadiesel

Lucadiesel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Does it work with GRK39F?

jnemeth

jnemeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Ray, Acer Liquid A1
Hi there,

I'm thinking about a possible swap from my Acer Liquid to a Nexus S (i9023) but I would have some questions...
- Is there official update to ICS for Nexus S? Or any custom rom based on ICS?
- Is there a standard and more or less confirmed way of rooting this phone and have a custom recovery?
- What is an approximate standby time with regular usage? Phone calls, browsing (rather on mobile network than wifi), no frequent video watching and almost no gaming at all.

Any reply and info would be appreciated!
Thanks is advance,
J.

dodohjk

dodohjk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
while putting superboot i have done some mess, know i get the google logo and a lock when i reboot
try to use the emergency fix but i am unable to load the zip file

please please help me. atm i just want my phone to work

dodohjk

dodohjk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
solved it!
downloaded the zip file from http://download.cyan...spo&type=stable since i don't have 4g
the for point 7 in the emergency fix (see above) you have to wait ages until is complete
install the update from zip and check that no errors occurred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users