3 replies to this topic

bembelembe

bembelembe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
Hello.
I need help. I have custom ROM on my Desire, downloaded from MoDaCo (2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-busybox-withradio-signed).
Couple days ago, from various reasons I choose to fix permissions in Clockwork ROM Manager. After that I lost contact pictures in SMS messages, they are generic grey silhouettes now. Since I haven't made backup with Titanium Backup (only with Android Manager WiFi which cannot send ONLY messages from PC bakcup back to phone).. and my Clockwork backup is two weeks old - I'm bit stuck.
So is there maybe a way to "resync" those contact pictures in messages without restoring from backup?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by bembelembe, 22 December 2010 - 11:57 AM.

Kevex

Kevex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Try the following in a terminal window (this changes the permissions on the contacts folder):

su
chmod 666 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/*

Hello.
I need help. I have custom ROM on my Desire, downloaded from MoDaCo (2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-busybox-withradio-signed).
Couple days ago, from various reasons I choose to fix permissions in Clockwork ROM Manager. After that I lost contact pictures in SMS messages, they are generic grey silhouettes now. Since I haven't made backup with Titanium Backup (only with Android Manager WiFi which cannot send ONLY messages from PC bakcup back to phone).. and my Clockwork backup is two weeks old - I'm bit stuck.
So is there maybe a way to "resync" those contact pictures in messages without restoring from backup?
Thanks in advance.

bembelembe

bembelembe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
Fantastic!!
That + reboot did it!
Thank you sooo much!!!!!

Try the following in a terminal window (this changes the permissions on the contacts folder):

su
chmod 666 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/*

markstein

markstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

Fantastic!!
That + reboot did it!
Thank you sooo much!!!!!

Works! Thanks.