What to do when your USB drivers are wrong (win7/64)....

Guest arad85

Guest howardbut

I had problem with the ADB before even though I have the correct drivers installed, and the device manager shows all the devices suppose required. At last, I solved the problem by

Reboot both my computer and the Vega

Disable the "Debugging mode" on the Vega; connect it with the PC and start USB/SD sharing

Disable the USB/SD Sharing

Enable the "Debugging mode"

ADB works

Hope it helps in your cases as well.

Guest PacGhost

After trying for four hours and getting no results (I had it working just last week), I could not get ADB to work.

Until I used "usbdeview", I only found one 0995 under "VendorID". Selected it, right click and selected "uninstall selected device".

Reattached my Vega's usb (in debug mode).My Windows 7 x64 asked for drivers and I pointed them to to my

usb drivers "r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco" which came with the R8 ROM(zip).

Yeah !!!! Adb installed..

I did check again with "usbdevview" and now have all three 0995 Vendor ID working...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MikeMurder

In the Device Manager, I suspect you have a new entry under "Universal Serial Bus controller" called "USB Mass Storage device". You can identify it by opening its properties, selecting details Tab and then selecting Hardware IDs in the Property drop down box. The Vega entry will have two lines that read:-

"USB\VID_0955&PID_7100REV_9999&MI_00"

"USB\VID_0955&PID_7100&MI_00"

Once you have identified the correct "USB Mass Stoarge device" select "update driver" then "Browse my Computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" then select "USB Composite Device" (note DO NOT select "Nvidia Android Composite Device" AND do not select "Have disk") and then click "Next". At this point it should display a successful install of the "USB Composite Device". On closing this final window, with luck you should see two new entries under "Universal Serial Bus controller", namely "USB Composite Device" and "Andoid Debug Bridge Interface". If you get the latter revert to arad85's first message to continue with the driver installation. If you don't get the "Andoid Debug Bridge Interface" entry see my post number 580 on page 29 of the MODACO Custom ROM Addon topic.

Good luck

THANK YOU!!!! :)

i have been fighting with my Vega and trying to get the bloody thing to show up in my device manager since the middle of June but it wasn't until i read your post that i was able to locate it and update the drivers so that the Andoid Debug Bridge Interface shows up in the device manager so i could update it using the drivers from the mcr and get the mcr instaled.

FINALY... i have access to the Android Market, i cannot thank you and the original poster of this thread enough!

this thread and especialy your very detailed instructions need to be stuck somewhere that Vega newbies (like myself) can easily fall onto it as the problem for me wasn't following the instructions but getting the drivers on my PC updated as it

wasn't showing up. I suspect a lot more folk have the same issue and this info needs pointing out with a big sign for them.

Once again, THANKS ;)

Mike.

Guest Elaine Redpath

Apologies if I shouldn't be adding to a current thread but creating a new one, but this one seems to be the same problem that I am a experiencing. I have a problem with the USB drivers on a Vega. I have followed a couple of threads on the Modaco site:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/334161-yaudig-usb-driver-guides-for-newcomers-it-works/

http://android.modaco.com/topic/327084-what-to-do-when-your-usb-drivers-are-wrong-win764/page__st__60

and made some progress, but have an issue whereby the Android ADB Interface is showing that device cannot start. The PC in question is running Vista. I am pretty certain I am doing something stupid. I managed to load the drives from the myedventvega site and flashed to the latest ROM. I then tried to install the drive from the custom kitchen (Paul's) that I have donwloaded and want to install but am struggling with getting the driver to work. I have attached a document with screenshots of the ADB driver and also USB storage driver for the Vega. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right driection with this as i seem to be going around in cirles.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest simonta

Apologies if I shouldn't be adding to a current thread but creating a new one, but this one seems to be the same problem that I am a experiencing. I have a problem with the USB drivers on a Vega. I have followed a couple of threads on the Modaco site:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/334161-yaudig-usb-driver-guides-for-newcomers-it-works/

http://android.modaco.com/topic/327084-what-to-do-when-your-usb-drivers-are-wrong-win764/page__st__60

and made some progress, but have an issue whereby the Android ADB Interface is showing that device cannot start. The PC in question is running Vista. I am pretty certain I am doing something stupid. I managed to load the drives from the myedventvega site and flashed to the latest ROM. I then tried to install the drive from the custom kitchen (Paul's) that I have donwloaded and want to install but am struggling with getting the driver to work. I have attached a document with screenshots of the ADB driver and also USB storage driver for the Vega. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right driection with this as i seem to be going around in cirles.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Try deleting the driver. Right click, select uninstall and select delete files. Then right click the computer at the top of the tree and select scan for hardware changes.

Guest Elaine Redpath

Hi

Thanks for that information. I have done that and reinstalled the driver which still appeared to have not started, however I have rebooted both the PC and the Vega and then tried to run the batch file supplied with the online kitchen and it appears to have worked!! Thank you for such a quick response - I appreciate your help.

biggrin.gif