Removing unwanted apps from my Tab

Guest Mado1950

Guest Mado1950

I have my Tab two months and I want to get rid of some of the pre-installed apps I don't use. Problem is that these apps can't be removed thru the options menu. Does anybody know a way to remove these apps? (Browser, Music Hub, All Share, Readers Hub) The browser is really wacky, I use Dolphin HD, much better!

Thanks!

Edited by Mado1950

Guest Wazz999

You will need to buy Root Explorer from the market. Worth every penny.

Make sure you know what you are deleting, and have root.

To be safe, instead of deleting anything, just rename the files you want removed - eg: application.apk to application.bak.

Remember to include the .odex file associated with the apk.

Also, I believe if you remove files the system needs, you could be in trouble. Make sure you have some form of system backup in place.

Im new to android, so if anyone wants to correct me, please feel free. This is how I did it, and my Tab is still working.

Edited by Wazz999

I have my Tab two months and I want to get rid of some of the pre-installed apps I don't use. Problem is that these apps can't be removed thru the options menu. Does anybody know a way to remove these apps? (Browser, Music Hub, All Share, Readers Hub) The browser is really wacky, I use Dolphin HD, much better!

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you'll need root for this, but try using Titanium Backup (freely available on the market) and see how you do ...

kindly report back ..

Guest Mado1950

Thanks, for the advise wazz999 and alifib.

I will report back.

First I have to get my Tab going. This morning I woke up to a black screen and it seems I can't get my Tab to wake-up again.

Its charging now. Hope that works (yesterday when I went to bed it was still 3/4 charged) :(

Problem solved: keep the on-button pressed and count to ten.

My Tab is working again!

I will try to rename the apps first and keep you posted (if I still have the nerve)

Mado

Edited by Mado1950

Thanks, for the advise wazz999 and alifib.

I will report back.

First I have to get my Tab going. This morning I woke up to a black screen and it seems I can't get my Tab to wake-up again.

Its charging now. Hope that works (yesterday when I went to bed it was still 3/4 charged) :(

Problem solved: keep the on-button pressed and count to ten.

My Tab is working again!

I will try to rename the apps first and keep you posted (if I still have the nerve)

Mado

you need to get it rooted there is guide for oneclick on xda it is very easy to do then get titainum backup with it you can uninstall any app and then re-install it if things go wrong

mifran

Guest bobgaby

Thanks!

after rooting you could use titanium backup it can remove the unwanted apps from the stock rom

bobgaby

Guest Mado1950
you need to get it rooted there is guide for oneclick on xda it is very easy to do then get titainum backup with it you can uninstall any app and then re-install it if things go wrong

mifran

I will try. Ill keep you posted about my results. I have one klick and su installed and plan to download Titanium today. Thanks for the tips.

Guest Mado1950

It worked! ;)

I have bought the Pro version of Titanium, and with this program and one click was I able to freeze the programs I want to remove. If all is well next year :( I'll remove the apps then. (To be on the sure side I'll wait one week).

Thanks to azz999, alifib, mifran and bobgaby.

Edited by Mado1950