Disaster!

Guest stevesilk51

Guest stevesilk51

Well, I thought at some stage I would mess up - Followed Pauls Clockworkmod because future updates are going that way I believe and it's all gone pear shaped.

Connected to the XP netbook I've used for all other mods latest from myadventvega + Paul's updates and perf pack etc

Downloaded the files for the Clockwork mod.

Ran them on command prompt with vega in debugging mode and usb obviously in slave

All seemed to go ok

I then saw that I should download the recovery apk from market which I did and installed it.

Now the next bit is maybe where I fouled up?

Clicked on recovery when vega still connected to netbook and still in debugging mode.

The Vega said it was going into recovery mode and went blank (but with backlight on faintly) and that's how it stayed... i.e. hung

I then unplugged from netbook, went into device manager and plug vega usb back in but netbook not registering device.

Don't know what to do next. Can anyone help?

Here's hoping

Thanks

Steve

Guest trevor432990
Reflash from stock unfortunately... although you could try resetting the device with a pin or similar first (small hole to left of power switch).

Arad I thought that was the microphone hole (see symbol) or does it double up as a reset button too?

Guest stevesilk51
I would not advise sticking a pin in the microphone hole. :(

P

Hi Paul,

What would you advise, or is it a lost cause? I'm struggling here mate any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Steve

Guest stevesilk51

BTW how do I flash from stock if vega not recognised at all in device manager. Before when I plugged usb in I could see the vega recognised now I can't

Desperation creeping in!!!

Hi Paul,

What would you advise, or is it a lost cause? I'm struggling here mate any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Steve

Reflash from stock.

Everyone: you were right - it's the microphoine O(oops). I've edited the post accordingly....

BTW how do I flash from stock if vega not recognised at all in device manager. Before when I plugged usb in I could see the vega recognised now I can't

Desperation creeping in!!!

With the vega completely off, you have to hold the back button for 2 sec, press power button for 2 sec whilst holding the back button, then release power button and continue to hold back button for 2 sec.

With the vega completely off, you have to hold the back button for 2 sec, press power button for 2 sec whilst holding the back button, then release power button and continue to hold back button for 2 sec.

And to ensure the Vega is powered off, hold the power button down for 6+ Seconds, this forces the power to be switched off..

And I'm sure on mine it won't enter recovery mode unless you have the AC Adapter plugged in, if it's just on battery, it just switches straight off again!

Guest stevesilk51
Flashing the latest official ROM seems the best solution.

You can follow the step by step update guide from here...

Tried everything now.

The key press order I have tried many, many times, but there may be another problem...

I read somewhere that BLUE led will light ? all i get is the flashing charging light?

Really think i've bricked it!

Any other things to try?

Also I must still be in debugging and slave mode for usb, as I was when i attempted clockworkmod

Appreciate all constructive help

Steve

Guest stevesilk51
Flashing the latest official ROM seems the best solution.

You can follow the step by step update guide from here...

Won't let me do it, followed the guide to the letter, for an hour or more tried 1 sec, two secs you name it. Thanks for the suggestion though. Loved the vega but I may offer it for sale to someone who is more able than me to get the damn thing working again. Paul, need your help

Edited by stevesilk51

Guest rvdgeer
Tried everything now.

The key press order I have tried many, many times, but there may be another problem...

I read somewhere that BLUE led will light ? all i get is the flashing charging light?

Really think i've bricked it!

Any other things to try?

Also I must still be in debugging and slave mode for usb, as I was when i attempted clockworkmod

Appreciate all constructive help

Steve

The Blue LED will only respond to the official dock (or any magnet) as far as I understand...

This has nothing to do with flashing a ROM update...

'Debugging on' and 'USB slave mode' should have no effect whatsoever on the official lets call it 'update mode'...

Are you sure you started the update procedure with the device powered off?

If no, please do so...

(Like suggested in this topic earlier: press the power for over 6 seconds to make sure it turns off...)

Don't give up yet...

There's a lot of great helpers here!

:(

Edited by rvdgeer

Guest stevesilk51
The Blue LED will only respond to the official dock (or any magnet) as far as I understand...

This has nothing to do with flashing a ROM update...

'Debugging on' and 'USB slave mode' should have no effect whatsoever on the official lets call it 'update mode'...

Are you sure you started the update procedure with the device powered off?

If no, please do so...

(Like suggested in this topic earlier: press the power for over 6 seconds to make sure it turns off...)

Don't give up yet...

There's a lot of great helpers here!

:(

Yes, completely off. Have succesfully performed all other updates but the clockworkmod went horribly wrong.

To recap. Vega is not seen in device manager usb list when I plug it in nothing shows, it did before now, so cannot update usb driver to get going again i.e. it's not there to update. It seems that the official vega recovery can't get going without that. Have watched devive manager whilst plugging usb in but not happening.

know the help is great here so hoping someone will spot something or have a workaround?

Thanks rvdgeer

Steve

Guest benniebob

Yesterday I thought I had the same problem. But just press the back button for 1 sec. While pressing the back button, press the power button for 1 sec. Release the power button and than release the back button. This should get the device in flash mode. Just keep trying.

I have had the same problem several times trying to flash tnt lite firmware and the vega-n firmware.

Hope it works for you.

Ben

Guest trevor432990

If all the above fails it may be worth doing what Spacecowboy suggested recently for his bricked Vega :-

"I have fixed this... If its on any use to anyone take out the power cable and the sd card if your having problems with nvidia recovery."

Then retry power up

Guest rvdgeer
Yes, completely off. Have succesfully performed all other updates but the clockworkmod went horribly wrong.

To recap. Vega is not seen in device manager usb list when I plug it in nothing shows, it did before now, so cannot update usb driver to get going again i.e. it's not there to update. It seems that the official vega recovery can't get going without that. Have watched devive manager whilst plugging usb in but not happening.

know the help is great here so hoping someone will spot something or have a workaround?

Thanks rvdgeer

Steve

There's a tool called something like "USBDeview", I believe by Nirsoft...

This helped a lot of people out if I believe the stories out here...

It's should be able to see all (previously) installed drivers...

This gives you the opportunity to delete drivers and start all over again...

It's worth the try, I guess...

Guest stevesilk51

Ok, last ditch effort.

I will PAY anyone who is in the county of Kent area who is competent to get this solved.

I will bring it to you!

If I can get the USB connection to show up in device manager when I plug the vega in then I believe I can get it going again

I've run out of ideas guys, thanks for all your help but nothing seems to be working. Will investigate the USBdeview usb app next.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by stevesilk51

Ok, last ditch effort.

I will PAY anyone who is in the county of Kent area who is competent to get this solved.

I will bring it to you!

If I can get the USB connection to show up in device manager when I plug the vega in then I believe I can get it going again

I've run out of ideas guys, thanks for all your help but nothing seems to be working. Will investigate the USBdeview usb app next.

Cheers

Steve

have you followed this guide to the letter.

http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_...nstructions.pdf

this will take you to the NV flash recovery from there flash the stock image.

Edited by r8zer

Ok, last ditch effort.

I will bring it to you!

Cheers

Steve

Steve, I had a very similar problem where I had nothing on the vega and PC was unable to see it.

I was sure I was doing the Hold reset and power buttons correctly but the PC (windows XP) was having none of it.

I then thought maybe it is the PC.

Try this which is what I did and it will not bugger anything up either.

First turn of your vega and disconnect from the PC

This is from windows XP

Right click my computer and select properties.

Click on Hardware

Click on Device Manager

Branch down your Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If you see an android usb controller there then right click and uninstall.

If you do nto see one then one by one uninstall everything in that list.

Reboot your PC, the majority of your usb devices will then auto reinstall.

Connect the Advent Vega to your Windows PC with the supplied USB cable, you must also have the Vega PLUGGED INTO THE POWER SOCKET

 Place the Advent Vega into recovery mode by:

o Turn the Vega off by holding down the POWER button for 6 seconds

o Once off, hold the BACK button down for 2 seconds

o Then, whilst keeping the BACK button held, press and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds

o Then release just the POWER button but keep holding the BACK button for a further 2 seconds

o Release the BACK button

Then continue to flash to advent original rom

All of this worked for me and I do hope this works for you too.

Question is, Do you then go back and use Pauls Rom !!!

YES, Do not let this put you off, Pauls rom is a must.

It's looking like ClockworkMod is the culprit of all these blank screen on reboot issues.

I'm wondering if it's due to it being connected to the PC when it reboots (that's certainly when mine went belly up the second time I tried it).

Guest stevesilk51
It's looking like ClockworkMod is the culprit of all these blank screen on reboot issues.

I'm wondering if it's due to it being connected to the PC when it reboots (that's certainly when mine went belly up the second time I tried it).

Think you may be right. I wonder if Paul has a view on the ClockworkMod/blank screen on bootup issue?

Will try the uninstalling usb devices avenue and see if that helps.

Guest stevesilk51
Steve, I had a very similar problem where I had nothing on the vega and PC was unable to see it.

I was sure I was doing the Hold reset and power buttons correctly but the PC (windows XP) was having none of it.

I then thought maybe it is the PC.

Try this which is what I did and it will not bugger anything up either.

First turn of your vega and disconnect from the PC

This is from windows XP

Right click my computer and select properties.

Click on Hardware

Click on Device Manager

Branch down your Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If you see an android usb controller there then right click and uninstall.

If you do nto see one then one by one uninstall everything in that list.

Reboot your PC, the majority of your usb devices will then auto reinstall.

Connect the Advent Vega to your Windows PC with the supplied USB cable, you must also have the Vega PLUGGED INTO THE POWER SOCKET

 Place the Advent Vega into recovery mode by:

o Turn the Vega off by holding down the POWER button for 6 seconds

o Once off, hold the BACK button down for 2 seconds

o Then, whilst keeping the BACK button held, press and hold the POWER button for 2 seconds

o Then release just the POWER button but keep holding the BACK button for a further 2 seconds

o Release the BACK button

Then continue to flash to advent original rom

All of this worked for me and I do hope this works for you too.

Hi UKmdb,

Think you may be onto something here, tried the uninstalling of drivers and i actually got the apk to run, but when I powered off the vega it diappeared again and I haven't been able to get it back again despite going through the same unistalling procedures you suggested again and again. I just can't seem to progress but will persevere. At least device manager picked it up once albeit briefly.

Edited by stevesilk51