Pulse Sim Unlock

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

guest0001

guest0001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
> I'm just curious as to where the code that validates the SIM unlock code is kept?
>
> To my knowledge; the phone itself verifies the unlock code from the network. If the phone
> verifies the code then couldn't one program an application to brute-force the code?
>
> Failing that, couldn't you reverse-engineer the code that verifies the unlock code?
>
> Thanks
> -G

[UPDATE - 24/12/2010]
I found out that rild (the Radio Interface Layer Daemon) controls Android communicating with the SIM,
which has it's own minimalistic OS that's normally vendor-specific which controls the network lock.

Using the daemon would let me possibly bruteforce the unlock code. I'll keep posting my progress here as I go!

Edited by guest0001, 25 December 2010 - 12:28 AM.

ergo911

ergo911

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:HP Touchpad 32GB
and how far are with it?

android.planet.ee

Beedham1

Beedham1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile pulse mini
  • Twitter:@Beedham1
if you could do this that would be great! :unsure: wanting to switch to giffgaff when my 6 month free internet runs out!

guest0001

guest0001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
[UPDATE - 05/01/11]
@ergo911, Beedham1:
I'm still working on setting up my development environment, but once I get that underway i'll start working on the program! :unsure:

-G

Thar

Thar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

if you could do this that would be great! :) wanting to switch to giffgaff when my 6 month free internet runs out!

Me too! Any update on this? TIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users