BladeUnlock - SIM Network Unlock (NCK) Code generator

Guest Arr Too

Guest gambieter

Arr Too: is it easy to add an option that the menu key is sufficient to lock/unlock? This for the people who have to return their phone because of a non-functioning touchscreen, and want to relock. Thanks, great utility :D

Guest Arr Too
is it easy to add an option that the menu key is sufficient to lock/unlock? This for the people who have to return their phone because of a non-functioning touchscreen, and want to relock.

Do you mean instead of pressing the button? I think it would be pretty easy, but how would you run the app in the first place?

Guest The Soup Thief

Just realised, I never doffed my cap to you for this one

Excellent app Arr Too - my hat is officially doffed!

Wonder if you could get this on to Android market?

Thanks very much!

Just curious - Is there any reason why nobody has released a similar application for windows?

I would feel completely secure if I could run an app here, on my laptop, in a sandbox. Then I would be 100% sure that it isn't dialing out onto the internet or cracking my phone open to hackers.

..It seems logical that if the unlock code can be generated by a website with only my IMEI number then an app on my PC could do the same?

z

Guest Arr Too

The app only gets permission to read the phone state (to get the IMEI). It can't use the internet or any storage. If you are that worried about security, have you questioned all the other apps on your phone that can access the IMEI and you've given permission to do much more besides? ;)

I guess the sandbox of Android is more secure than windows. or which sandbox do you use there?

if an app doesn't request the permission for internet in AndroidManifest.xml (shown to you on install), it WON'T be able to connect.

furthermore, you can use Droidwall to forbid internet access to apps.

the best however would be to share the sourcecode freely.

Guest nosedive
As promised a while ago I've learnt how to make an Android app! This is pretty basic, but I think it covers the "security" worries that people have with giving out their IMEI to random web sites for free codes [odd that people feel happy when they are also giving out their money/eBay/address/bank details...!]. (Note: this is probably the most secure way of doing this that exists, since Android apps have to ask for permission to do stuff like use the internet or your SD storage, and this app only reads your phone state in order to get its IMEI -- it doesn't send or store any data anywhere, or access anything else.)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!

many thanks, you saved me some bucks :P

cu,

nosedive