Market Issues

Guest Zebrahead

Guest Zebrahead

Hello everyone, Merry Christmas! ^^

Just installed r5 on my new Christmas VEGA and I'm having a problem with the market. I open it up and it just shrinks? No FC, it just "minimises". It's still recognised as a running application. I've tried reboot, turning off compatibility mode, and reinstalling both r5 and Vending.apk.

Could anyone help or offer any suggestions?

Many thanks ^^,

Zebrahead

Hello everyone, Merry Christmas! ^^

Just installed r5 on my new Christmas VEGA and I'm having a problem with the market. I open it up and it just shrinks? No FC, it just "minimises". It's still recognised as a running application. I've tried reboot, turning off compatibility mode, and reinstalling both r5 and Vending.apk.

Could anyone help or offer any suggestions?

Many thanks ^^,

Zebrahead

Go into applications and delete cache and uninstall updates for the market

Guest Zebrahead
Go into applications and delete cache and uninstall updates for the market

Hey there ^^, thanks for the help. I've tried that but no such luck, same problem persists!

Guest Zebrahead

Found out why - after examining the shell output it seems that the google services framework failed to install due to lack of space (strange considering the device was untouched prior to patching) and a simple adb install seemed to fix.

Thanks everyone ^^

• 5 months later...
Guest maniv
Found out why - after examining the shell output it seems that the google services framework failed to install due to lack of space (strange considering the device was untouched prior to patching) and a simple adb install seemed to fix.

Thanks everyone ^^

I too am experiencing the same issue but I have no idea what the simple adb installation is. I have searched the web and could only find adb related to Oracle, which I have installed, but still none the wiser regarding this issue.

Is it possible some one could give me a step-by-step guide to resolving this, or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Guest IanTurner
I too am experiencing the same issue but I have no idea what the simple adb installation is. I have searched the web and could only find adb related to Oracle, which I have installed, but still none the wiser regarding this issue.

Is it possible some one could give me a step-by-step guide to resolving this, or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

adb = android development bridge

What rom have you installed ?

Edited by IanTurner

Guest Unipete
It has the standard ROM that came with the device v1.10

Have you actually installed the market from somewhere else as the stock rom doesn't have the market installed?

Guest IanTurner
It has the standard ROM that came with the device v1.10

Therefore you don't have the same problem as the ops problem was installing a new rom whereas yours is that

the stock rom does not include the market.

Use this thread to install the adb on your pc then go get corvus5 http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...vus-teamed-rom/ and install that

Guest maniv
Therefore you don't have the same problem as the ops problem was installing a new rom whereas yours is that

the stock rom does not include the market.

Use this thread to install the adb on your pc then go get corvus5 http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...vus-teamed-rom/ and install that

On the tablet I navigated to Android Market and tried to install apps from their, but it said that there were no devices associated with my gmail account. Is there a step I need to do?

Thanks for the above, I will give it a shot.

Guest maniv
OK. What exact problem are you having.? Is the market minimising like the OP of this thread?

It is the same problem, once I launch Market, it flashes on the screen, then nothing. If I go to task manager, I can see that it is there.

Edited by maniv

Guest Unipete
On the tablet I navigated to Android Market and tried to install apps from their, but it said that there were no devices associated with my gmail account. Is there a step I need to do?

You need to tie a google email account to the market to download apps. I assume you have done that already?

Guest IanTurner

Do it in the long term as you have reduced functionality with the stock rom but as unipete says you need to associate your device with your gmail account.

Interestingly google don't explain how.

Guest premieral
Do it in the long term as you have reduced functionality with the stock rom but as unipete says you need to associate your device with your gmail account.

Interestingly google don't explain how.

Stock rom doesn't give reduced functionality some people prefer its stability. If you want to keep stock and just have the good bits that are missing like market then go to xda forum and search for ganjaman he put a collection together that bolts onto stock :)

Guest maniv
You need to tie a google email account to the market to download apps. I assume you have done that already?

I hate asking this, but how do I do this? Here is what I have already done so far;

Navigated to Android Market

Signed in using my Gmail account - all I get is that there are no devices associated with this account. I have not been able to find anyway of adding a device.

Guest maniv
Stock rom doesn't give reduced functionality some people prefer its stability. If you want to keep stock and just have the good bits that are missing like market then go to xda forum and search for ganjaman he put a collection together that bolts onto stock :)

Thanks.

Guest IanTurner

Hmm in the absence of any other response I'd say go into the apps menu on your device and select the gmail app then add your gmail account (I'm guessing here as I can't remember the procedure I followed). Possibly you may have restart your device after that but I may be getting confused something else.

Edited by IanTurner

Guest maniv
Thanks.

If anyone else is interested the username to look for is original_ganjaman

I can confirm that the collection put together by original_ganjaman works a treat for Android Market.

Thank you to all that helped me with this.

Edited by maniv