UPDATE 2.29.405.5

Guest LUTRAM

Just got notification for update 2.29.405.5 - install just fails - phone become unresponsive - removal of battery needed for reboot

turned auto updates of now its annoying me! anyone got same issue or problems? any fixes or ideas?

Im using de branded and unlocked orange handset with stock rom 2.29.405.2

Guest DaveGrohl
Just got notification for update 2.29.405.5 - install just fails - phone become unresponsive - removal of battery needed for reboot

turned auto updates of now its annoying me! anyone got same issue or problems? any fixes or ideas?

Im using de branded and unlocked orange handset with stock rom 2.29.405.2

I'm having the exact same problem with my debranded and unlocked Orange handset

There's a lot of threads on XDA of people who are debranded not being able to install this, and obviously those who are rooted can't without it screwing things up!

Best just ignore it

• 6 months later...
Guest Waister_o1

I know it's a rather old thread, but I've got just one question about this update and don't want to make a new one just for that.

So, the question is: I've just unlocked my phone in a sense it now works on all wires (as in T-Mobile, Vip...) and I got an offer to update to 2.29.405.5. Is it safe to update (I saw there were some problems with updates, so I wanna' know). Also, It's not rooted (isn't it that Froyo can't be rooted yet anyway?)

Guest bpivk

It doesn't matter. Unlocking and updating are two separate things.

Ad Froyo can be rooted and so can Gingerbread before you ask. :)