16GB SD cards that definitely work

Guest stanno

Can people please post their 16GB SD cards that are fully working with their Blade/OSF, and also where they got them. I'm already having to return the fist one I bought and don't want to have to buy others. I know there have been other threads about SD cards but it would be handy to have a list of ones that definitely work. Much appreciated.

Can people please post their 16GB SD cards that are fully working with their Blade/OSF, and also where they got them. I'm already having to return the fist one I bought and don't want to have to buy others. I know there have been other threads about SD cards but it would be handy to have a list of ones that definitely work. Much appreciated.

Sandisk 16gb from Play.com working fine here.

Guest netdudeuk
sandisk or kingstone you can't make a mistake

That's what I thought but it's simply not true. To be sure of having a working one, I bought the Kingston 16GB Class 4 card but it doesn't work in either the OLED or TFT SFs that we have. I paid £22 for it rather than £16 for one from Play so I'm not too pleased about it. It keeps unmounting. The problem I now have is sending a card back that will no doubt test ok in a PC and that's what the vendor will base his test / refund against.

That's what I thought but it's simply not true. To be sure of having a working one, I bought the Kingston 16GB Class 4 card but it doesn't work in either the OLED or TFT SFs that we have. I paid £22 for it rather than £16 for one from Play so I'm not too pleased about it. It keeps unmounting. The problem I now have is sending a card back that will no doubt test ok in a PC and that's what the vendor will base his test / refund against.

That's right. My 16GB class4 from MyMemory does exactly the same - unmounts whenever trying to add data via USB.

Thanks for the feedback. Scandisc class 2 looking good so far.

Guest netdudeuk
That's right. My 16GB class4 from MyMemory does exactly the same - unmounts whenever trying to add data via USB.

Thanks for the feedback. Scandisc class 2 looking good so far.

Mine came from the same place. I'll report back on how they dealt with the return. How did you manage with your own ?

I ought to add that there are no driver issues either. On my own PC I'm using the latest ones from the SDK and on the other we're using the latest ones from ZTE.

Edited by netdudeuk

Guest welshhippy

I'm using THIS ONE.

£15.99 including delivery to the uk. Class 4.

Works perfect with pauls alpha4 froyo rom with a2sd+ :(

EDIT: for the record my blade is a B08/TFT model.

Edited by welshhippy

Mine came from the same place. I'll report back on how they dealt with the return. How did you manage with your own ?

Haven't returned it yet. It's packed up with a return form waiting to go to the Post Office. If MyMemory won't refund then I guess it's going on Ebay!

Guest rudyred

Maybe it is too late, but my Kingston 16 GB class 4 (SDC4/16GB) works perfect on my Orange SF with the Orange ROM. I've only removed the SIM-lock.

I parted the card in 13 GB Fat32, 3 GB ext2, 32 MB linux-swap, and left the first 4 MB free as the card came to me.

I've just moved some music to the card via USB no problem. I am using Ubuntu 10.10.

Maybe you should try to format the card and try it again.

-----

It is a TFT Orange SF

Edited by rudyred

Guest oiltrader
Sandisk 16gb from Play.com working fine here.

Just for everyone's information.

San Disk Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHC Class 2

is now available at play.com for £13.94.

Use the code SECRETSANTA10 to get 10% off.

thanks to HotukDeals

oiltrader

Guest GalacticUncle

OK, I have a 16Gb Kingston Class 4 SDHC microSD, which did have the mounting issue that people have mentioned. However, I did get it to stop and I did not reformat it. All I did was use an SD card adapter (that came with it) to add some files to it and then deleted them ALL on WinXP machine. Once they were all deleted I popped it back into the SF and it worked fine. All a bit weird if you ask me.

Anyways, hope that helps others.

GU

Guest netdudeuk
Maybe it is too late, but my Kingston 16 GB class 4 (SDC4/16GB) works perfect on my Orange SF with the Orange ROM. I've only removed the SIM-lock.

I parted the card in 13 GB Fat32, 3 GB ext2, 32 MB linux-swap, and left the first 4 MB free as the card came to me.

I've just moved some music to the card via USB no problem. I am using Ubuntu 10.10.

Maybe you should try to format the card and try it again.

-----

It is a TFT Orange SF

Thanks for the reply. I still have the card here thanks and would be happy to try other things but creating all those partitions seems like hard work (even if I downloaded Ubuntu) and maybe too complicated. I wonder if there's an easier solution ?

I just formatted the card with FAT32 on my Windows 7 PC. I also tried formatting on the phone but didn't get anywhere.

Guest netdudeuk
OK, I have a 16Gb Kingston Class 4 SDHC microSD, which did have the mounting issue that people have mentioned. However, I did get it to stop and I did not reformat it. All I did was use an SD card adapter (that came with it) to add some files to it and then deleted them ALL on WinXP machine. Once they were all deleted I popped it back into the SF and it worked fine. All a bit weird if you ask me.

Anyways, hope that helps others.

GU

Interesting. I've no idea why that would work but I'm going to try it now thanks.

Guest oh!dougal

Verbatim, labelled as Class 2. Basic testing showed much faster speeds than Class 2. Works fine, no bother at all.

Bought from Amazon (EDIT --- that's Amazon UK) nearly 6 months back.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest Blues003

This is kind of Off-topic, but I have a doubt regarding SD Cards... I bought an 8GB one, and have my ROMs, files, etc, on the card that came with the phone. Do I need to do something special in order to transfer stuff from one to the other (like reflashing stuff), or just copy + paste?

Guest petpaner
As I expected, that made no difference.

I have Sandisc 8 and 16 gb tested. The 8gb card starts to mount and unmount processing and the 16gb only unmounts and tells me the card is defekt. the cards class i dont know. I think what would be the better idea is sorting out what roms working with what cards?

Guest whoop_whoop

16Gb Sandisk Class 4 from eBay works fine, cost me £18.50 inc. P&P sealed so I know it's genuine. Works great.

I had a 32Gb unbranded from eBay which almost worked, I think the card itself was defect.