• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp

i have an ADATA class 6 16gb

http://www.amazon.de...C...515&sr=8-11

works very well!

wouachhhhhh 33 euros too expensive

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

Blues003

Blues003

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
This is kind of Off-topic, but I have a doubt regarding SD Cards... I bought an 8GB one, and have my ROMs, files, etc, on the card that came with the phone. Do I need to do something special in order to transfer stuff from one to the other (like reflashing stuff), or just copy + paste?

petpaner

petpaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

As I expected, that made no difference.

I have Sandisc 8 and 16 gb tested. The 8gb card starts to mount and unmount processing and the 16gb only unmounts and tells me the card is defekt. the cards class i dont know. I think what would be the better idea is sorting out what roms working with what cards?

whoop_whoop

whoop_whoop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:HTC Evo 3D, Nokia E5
16Gb Sandisk Class 4 from eBay works fine, cost me £18.50 inc. P&P sealed so I know it's genuine. Works great.

I had a 32Gb unbranded from eBay which almost worked, I think the card itself was defect.

Posted Image
Devices: HTC Evo 3D, Nokia E5

petpaner

petpaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

16Gb Sandisk Class 4 from eBay works fine, cost me £18.50 inc. P&P sealed so I know it's genuine. Works great.

I had a 32Gb unbranded from eBay which almost worked, I think the card itself was defect.

Well members have tried different cards and most of them seems to work for one or another. I guess that tells us it´s not the cards! Question is if there is HW or SW issues?

boneidle

boneidle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Mymemory £15 class 4 working good for me

rudyred

rudyred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Orange SF - ZTE Blade

Thanks for the reply. I still have the card here thanks and would be happy to try other things but creating all those partitions seems like hard work (even if I downloaded Ubuntu) and maybe too complicated. I wonder if there's an easier solution ?

I just formatted the card with FAT32 on my Windows 7 PC. I also tried formatting on the phone but didn't get anywhere.

I just formatted the card because app2sd needs the ext2 and linux-swap partition. You can use ubuntu-live that works directly from CD/DVD and then use gparted (Sytem - Sytem... - Gparted) it is like using Windows. Or follow the "instructions" of GalacticUncle (Post #15 in this thread)

Good Luck

cecanor

cecanor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

My Play.com 16GB Class 4 seems to work perfectly well.

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search

Best case speed ratings for different file sizes on my San Fran....

Posted Image

Same one isn't working for me, I replaced my phone two times. First was a TFT, it had restarting and quiting apps problem. Second and third one had been saying "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed, Preparing SD Card". And know both Verbatim 2GB out of box and Play.com 16 GB Class 4 is not working on phone and also a HTC Desire. Same warning: "Removed SD Card". http://code.google.c.../detail?id=9736 28th comment of the subjectt is mine about this problem. I sent a mail to Orange also. If anybody knows the solve, please let me know. I tried formatting the cards as FAT in my Mac. Please help.

cecanor

cecanor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

My Play.com 16GB Class 4 seems to work perfectly well.

http://www.play.com/...urlrefer=search

Best case speed ratings for different file sizes on my San Fran....

Posted Image

Same one isn't working for me, I replaced my phone two times. First was a TFT, it had restarting and quiting apps problem. Second and third one had been saying "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed, Preparing SD Card". And know both Verbatim 2GB out of box and Play.com 16 GB Class 4 is not working on phone and also a HTC Desire. Same warning: "Removed SD Card". http://code.google.c.../detail?id=9736 28th comment of the subjectt is mine about this problem. I sent a mail to Orange also. If anybody knows the solve, please let me know. I tried formatting the cards as FAT in my Mac. Please help.

rogerpe

rogerpe

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Finnish ZTE Blade
My class 4 Silicon Power 16gb card works fine.

petpaner

petpaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

My class 4 Silicon Power 16gb card works fine.

Seems to be the cards speed as for now? I bought an Kingston 16bg class 4 today and it still works perfectly. The other ones i tried seems to be class 6 or higher. So if you got a problem try class 4!

yadayada

yadayada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Optimus San Francisco
Hi,

What is "de facto" maximum size card the zte blade can handle?
In user manual for my phone version (optimus san francisco, portugal), it says 8GB, but from this topic it seams to handle at least 16GB..

Phoenix Silver

Phoenix Silver

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Orange France
  • Twitter:@phoenixbjp

Hi,

What is "de facto" maximum size card the zte blade can handle?
In user manual for my phone version (optimus san francisco, portugal), it says 8GB, but from this topic it seams to handle at least 16GB..

32 gigs (one user in this post use one)

Si le corps est mortel, l’âme elle est éternelle.

oh!dougal

oh!dougal

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Devices:DX2 FroYo San Francisco

32 gigs (one user in this post use one)

Allegedly!

Plural others have had problems with 32gb.
And 32gb micro-sd cards are not cheap.

Some have even had problems with 16gb, hence this thread ...

mrflibbles

mrflibbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Dane-elec 16GB Class 4 works fine.

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3G

Seems to be the cards speed as for now? I bought an Kingston 16bg class 4 today and it still works perfectly. The other ones i tried seems to be class 6 or higher. So if you got a problem try class 4!

No, some of our cards are class 4 Kingstons and they don't work on several Blades

tdodd

tdodd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note; ZTE Blade

Allegedly!

Plural others have had problems with 32gb.
And 32gb micro-sd cards are not cheap.

Some have even had problems with 16gb, hence this thread ...

Yes, but since the results seem entirely random, with no obvious common theme, I don't see anything to suggest that 16GB is inherently a problem. All that you can say is that apart form the supplied card, some cards work and some don't. I don't see how you can draw any meaningful conclusions from the data so far. 16GB cards do work. 16GB card don't work. But that also appears true for smaller cards as well. It's not very helpful, is it?

The manual clearly states that the maximum supported card size is 8GB. Orange says it's 32GB. I suggest for those whose card up to 32GB does not work you take it up with Orange. The more they see of the problem the more pressure they will be under to address the problem. Right now I don't suppose anyone is performing any meaningful technical assessment of why some cards work and some don't because there is no central coordinated authority for reporting problems (other than Orange whom I imagine people are not contacting).

For my own part, my 16GB card threw a bit of a hissy fit the first time it was used, but has been rock solid both for file transfers between laptop and phone and for general purpose use (photos, backups, caching, test file transfers) ever since, and that's been around 10 days of faultless operation. I'm using the stock Orange ROM. If those with problems have modified their Blades then I guess they don't have much cause to complain. Go back to stock and then see what happens.

Edited by tdodd, 31 December 2010 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Stryke69

Stryke69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x (CM7 190)

Mymemory £15 class 4 working good for me

Same for me, works very well. Got it for £17,94 send to Germany.
http://www.mymemory....Card---Class--4

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Huawei G300, Jiayu G3
I've just got This one from Play.com and the phone will not see it at all.

When inserted it just says "SD card removed. Please insert new one". It cannot be seen in recovery mode either. I've tried formatting the card on the PC and then inserting in the phone but still no good.

However, my wifes HTC Wildfire can see the card fine. I formatted the card again in her phone and then inserted into the SF but still it won't see it.

I will see what it is like when we have the new 2.2 releases after next week and see if that makes any difference. I can't help feeling that this is a software issue rather than a hardware one as other devices that I have had, camera's, phones etc, have been able to see larger SD cards after a software update. As I understand it, as long as the hardware supports the SDHC standard (rather than just SD) then the size limit is governed by the software.

I also think that we should list what firmware we are running to see if there are any combinations that definately work.

I am running "Sebastian404's de-orangeated-rom - r7" ROM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users