hungarian ZTE blade sw update to solve memory problem

Guest DonJamal

Guest hecatae
I hope you read the next comments too, EXTRACT THE ZIP TO /IMAGE ON SD CARD!

thats what the system menu states, extract update package to image directory on sd card. rom refused to acknowledge it

Guest PeaNut_HU
thats what the system menu states, extract update package to image directory on sd card. rom refused to acknowledge it

Do it as per the instruction in this post, or don't do it at all. You could seriously brick your phone by not following the instructions exactly!!!

See here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...vices-to-512mb/

Guest fonix232
FORUM IS IN ENGLISH IF U WANT SPEAK UR LANGUAGE THERE IS PRIVATE MSG OPTION AVAILABLE!!

STOP THAT SPAM! Please!

Please.

1, Stop yelling. Forum rules says you should not yell randomly

2, No need to bump old, almost-dead topics

3, If you would read, you wouldn't look so dumb. This was the topic for the HUNGARIAN update of the HUNGARIAN Blades. So it is totally right to talk HUNGARIAN in a dedicated topic. If you take a look, the Pulse has a dedicated Macedonian topic too...

4, Most of the IMPORTANT talk was translated to English. What isn't important for you, but simple chit-chat between two HUNGARIANS in HUNGARIAN, is not translated because:

a, No time

b, No want to do it

c, No need of it

d, Totally unnecessary, as it would fill up the thread with useless info.

So please stop yelling about something you know SH*T about.

Guest oh!dougal

4, Most of the IMPORTANT talk was translated to English. ...

:unsure: Not all of it? :angry:

Anyway, my polite thanks! B)

That update is currently a unique tool, and I think its important for all Blade owners (even the shouty ones!)

Guest fonix232
:unsure: Not all of it? :D

That update is currently a unique tool, and I think its important for all Blade owners (even the shouty ones!)

Yes, actually turned out it is important :angry:

But I don't think guesses about release date, and sharing experiences where can you get it is important as it is out in the wild now :o

Guest gusthy
:unsure: Not all of it? :o

sure, but 99% of hungarian talk occurred when it wasn't obvious that the upgrade is available as a simple sw patch. I guess a german or english user doesnt want to know, which hungarian t-mobile service points can do the fix :angry:

Guest Nognir

Is the ram fix adopted officially by ZTE so it will be applied to other Blades? I've been trying to contact the greek branch of ZTE but to no avail

Guest oh!dougal

The update was not distributed by ZTE in Hungary.

It was distributed by T-Mobile, who sell the Blade in Hungary. (But the upgrade certainly came from ZTE.)

So, in Greece the people to ask would be the network that is selling the Blade in Greece. (Wind?)

My suspicion is that the Greek Blade was ordered from ZTE as a 256. (And so to ask about unlocking the extra RAM might be embarrassing for the Greek operator.)

I think the Greek 'downgrade' being installed in the Hungarian phones was an accident - hence the update in Hungary but not in Greece.

I have read at least one report on this forum that the Hungarian update DOES work to give Greek phones 512.

But you then must reinstall ALL your software, because your phone has become just like a Hungarian one.

As a new member, I am going to presume inexperience, and urge you to take care when updating, especially to check the md5 checksums.

And to point out that there is already a Guide thread to using the update. That is the best place for questions, advice and experience regarding use on a Greek phone ...

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest gusthy
The update was not distributed by ZTE in Hungary.

It was distributed by T-Mobile, who sell the Blade in Hungary. (But the upgrade certainly came from ZTE.)

I think the Greek 'downgrade' being installed in the Hungarian phones was an accident - hence the update in Hungary but not in Greece.

Sure, as they originally advertised as 512, then removed the ads, there was silence, and finally released the fix.

I have read at least one report on this forum that the Hungarian update DOES work to give Greek phones 512.

But you then must reinstall ALL your software, because your phone has become just like a Hungarian one.

The closest-to-original solution is that you install hungarian update, then reflash original greek firmware - this will do the low level reprogramming, and then it will work as originally except for memory upgrade.

One small comment: in Hungary flashing hungarian update doesn't lead to warranty loss. In Greece, it might void your warranty, and - unlike all other modifications of firmware (via clockwork or fastboot) it is IRREVERSIBLE currently.

Guest samjam
One small comment: in Hungary flashing hungarian update doesn't lead to warranty loss. In Greece, it might void your warranty, and - unlike all other modifications of firmware (via clockwork or fastboot) it is IRREVERSIBLE currently.

Can we guess what the effects might be if this was installed in a greek phone that actually had only 256M of RAM installed?

Guest gusthy
Can we guess what the effects might be if this was installed in a greek phone that actually had only 256M of RAM installed?

No, actually nobody found a Blade with physically 256MB RAM in it.

Guest oh!dougal

Well, it is only a guess that such a phone actually exists.

There is evidence that (some, actually of all those reported) Greek '256' phones have 512 installed.

But, there has (so far) been no evidence whatsoever that any Greek (or Hungarian) phones were ever manufactured with 256 installed.

There was an earlier discussion about production economics favouring standardised hardware (even at the expense of extra component cost) - especially for (comparatively) small orders, probably such as Greece. It would make no sense whatsoever to supply two different software-incompatible hardware specifications to fulfil an already small Greek order.

Therefore, it seems highly unlikely that there are any real 256 phones in Greece.

But it is a valid point that the Greek operator MIGHT get upset about a warranty claim on a '256' phone that actually had 512! (Maybe a good basis of a warranty claim, though! :unsure: )

Its important to remember that the Greek and Hungarian phones appeared at almost the same time (within a week?) so its easy to understand how the production-line software installation mistake could have been made.

Guest Nognir
Well, it is only a guess that such a phone actually exists.

There is evidence that (some, actually of all those reported) Greek '256' phones have 512 installed.

But, there has (so far) been no evidence whatsoever that any Greek (or Hungarian) phones were ever manufactured with 256 installed.

There was an earlier discussion about production economics favouring standardised hardware (even at the expense of extra component cost) - especially for (comparatively) small orders, probably such as Greece. It would make no sense whatsoever to supply two different software-incompatible hardware specifications to fulfil an already small Greek order.

Therefore, it seems highly unlikely that there are any real 256 phones in Greece.

But it is a valid point that the Greek operator MIGHT get upset about a warranty claim on a '256' phone that actually had 512! (Maybe a good basis of a warranty claim, though! :unsure: )

Its important to remember that the Greek and Hungarian phones appeared at almost the same time (within a week?) so its easy to understand how the production-line software installation mistake could have been made.

Taking that into account, can we expect the ram unlock to be included in Froyo update?

Guest oh!dougal
Taking that into account, can we expect the ram unlock to be included in Froyo update?

1/ I'll believe official FroYo updates when I see them.

2/ I believe that the Greek operator is wanting to sell the Blade as a phone that does not compete too closely against their other offerings. If its too good, they won't sell so many off the more expensive alternatives.

Hence they might fully intend to sell it as a 256 device.

If they want the Blade to be 'handicapped' by reduced ram, why would they improve it with a 'better' (more attractive in marketing terms) version of the OS?

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest Nognir

Well, the seller here tends to overprice the android models (f.e. Galaxy S costs close to 580E) but also sells the Huawei U8150 slightly more than Blade. The only reason I'm hesitating with the modding is the warranty issues (even though I have a backup phone)