Sense 2018 CFC'd:
WM 6.1 21057
WM 6.5 21914
WM 6.5.3 23138
I put together all windows builds in one kitchen. Haven't tested it tough and would like to have some feedback as I don't think there will be any problems
* dsm and rgu files inside each folder are used by buildOS when creating the ROM. without a dsm, the rgu will not be read (and they must be lowercase).
* The rgu is where you get the registry of the ROM
* The BuildOS read the rgu alphabetically, so if you want some reg key updated that you don't know where to find, put in the MyMods since its the last BuildOS will read (and overwrite any key already written)
* You CAN update the windows build. Just create a SYS_XXXXX with the same folders as the version before it and the XIPtools with a XIP_XXXXX with the same contents as the others (but taken from the build you are updating) and copy the .ROM and .VM from the older WM build to the newer
* To update the firmware version is a little harder and require some RomTool knowledge:
1. Take a dumped ROM of the version you want (in the language you want);
2. Extract the ROM with ROMTool;
3. Run twu2's script over it;
4. Overwriting section - By overwriting I mean delete the folder and copy the newer. DON'T copy one folder over the other!
4.1. Overwrite the Samsung Programs already existent on my kitchen\OEM folder with the newer version;
4.2. Overwrite ALL OEM folders on the kitchen\OEM folder (OEMApps, OEMDrivers, OEMLang_XXXX, etc)
4.3. Overwrite the kitchen\ROM
* When changing the Windows Language, most language changes can be done in the 0_EN folder (including the rgu in there)
Patch: No_HTC_Messaging.rar 689.28KB 79 downloads
- Extract the attached file to kitchen\zzHTC_Messaging_Client_v1_8_20171628_00_NOT to be able to use SMS/MMS without HTC Messaging
Windows Mobile 6.1 build 21057 Alpha
Attention: This version has known bugs and can be followed from post 1962.
- in All Messages you can't scroll, new message or press on any of your message in the inbox.
- you can't add or go to a favorite in the internet tab
- you can't press menu in the music tab
- the font in photo tab is huge
- sometimes sense just restarts randomly
- add a wallpaper on homescreen and lockscreen
- you cant turn on/off any of the Wireless controls.
- you cant scroll in hardware and software information
- the "battery" option doesn't work.
Ps.: I added a HTC framework I found that is supposed to be compatible with this build. Feel free to try. UPDATE: it doesn't work.
Ps2.: Installing Samsung Dialer on this build removes the signal icon on the taskbar.
To use this build you have to change this reg line on Manila_Settings RGU:
When using this build, go to OEM\HTC_Framework (that without any WM version) and remove HTCAFE.DLL
What is on the kitchen:
* Possibility to use or not HTC Messaging client
* All Messages link to windows messaging (if you do not select HTC Messaging)
* Samsung File Manager and Photo Album added as they are pre-reqs for Samsung MMS (when not using HTC Messaging)
* Samsung Large Indicator on by default
* Power On/Off animation (by emse_186 @ XDA)
* Altered CAMERA.EXE that makes the filenames like SNC_YYMMDD_HHMMSS.jpg (by zorg)
* Altered Manila album so that it points to:
*** \My Storage\DCIM\I8000CAM
*** It is possible to change the default place on the tab
* Open GL - by Ginkage & ChainFire
* Samsung SDK 2.2.0
* 4 rows Start Menu with honeycomb
* XTRA activated by default
* All certificates check disabled
* Any Dialer patch (so that Contacts tab can dial with them)
* Video call not available with HTC Dialer
* some HTC hardware control apps doesn't work (obvious)
* You may have problems flashing the built ROM without updating your eBoot
* Not known yet... Still searching! Will you help me?
Not Recommended Apps:
Cookie's Home Tab Editor’s lockscreens: users have issues like sense restarting randomly.
Showcase: users reported Sense restarting by itself with it
* You can change the lockscreen wallpaper by going to:
*** Start=>Pictures and Videos, then select your picture=>Menu=>Set as Home background
* To increase performance, select to change the wallpaper to an animated one and select any png file(not animated is better),
*** this will disable the weather animation
* For MMS usage with HTC Messaging, its necessary to configure manually the information from your operator on its options.
* Wanna Bluetooth and Wifi ON/OFF Toggles? Grab it here.
* Reg Editing for the 3 sec delay:
* To change the manila language when building, do the following:
Edit any rgu and put the following lines:
Where XXXX equals:
0401 SAU Arabic المملكة العربية السعودية
0403 ESP Catalan España
0404 CHT Chinese Traditional 台灣
0405 CSY Czech Česká republika
0406 DAN Danish Danmark
0407 DEU German Deutschland
0408 ELL Greek Ellas
0409 USA English United States
040B FIN Finnish Suomen tasavalta
040C FRA French République française
040D HEB Hebrew מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל
0410 ITA Italian Repubblica Italiana
0411 JPN Japanese 日本
0412 KOR Korean 한국
0413 NLD Dutch Nederland
0414 NOR Norwegian Bokmål
0415 PLK Polish Polska
0416 PTB Portuguese Brasil
0419 RUS Russian Россия
041D SVD Swedish Sverige
0804 CHS Chinese Simplified 中华人民共和国
0816 PTG Portugese Portugal
0c0a ESN Spanish España
To remove languages from the kitchen (I use it after BuildOS is done as it is easy)
Using Total Commander:
1. Go to the temp folder
2. Search for: *_manila
3. Find text: <xliff version="1.0" lang=" (this will select all language files)
5. Feed to listbox
6. Open search again
7. Find text: "en-us" (or any language that you want to keep)
9. Important: Find files NOT containing the text
10. Feed to listbox
11. Select all and delete them
Go to the 0_EN and rename every file with 0409 in it with the same number you used above.
Search the net for KenRename... it can be very helpful with this task
* For the extraction, use WinRAR 3.93 or 7zip 9 (or higher versions) - older versions do not work.
* Password: shadow
Wanna take a look at my stuff? Go to my 4shared (on the signature)
Enrico988 - for his help with understanding the Manila packages
twu2 - for his very nice php script
Wes58 - for his RomTool
Tylwith - for the honeycomb
- There are NO guarantees, build and flash at your own risk.
- It was made for personal use. If you build anything based on this, please just mention my help
- Don't ask me how to add or remove X application, I'm very away from the forum
- Try to fix or solve issues by yourself... and share solutions with the forum, so everyone gets benefited. I can't dedicate full-time support to this.
- I may not answer questions that are already explained on this thread... Use the search feature, please
Edited by shadowangel, 30 December 2010 - 03:21 PM.