104 replies to this topic

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
Had to update Md5sum - pauls page has it the wrong way round - correct for R08 is

8f082502f8b5b6dc5cf9e9fef626e786

jurrasstoil

jurrasstoil

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
Fixed my problem. Flashed my original boot.img and made a wipe to fix the boot loop. no more bluetint now, but no more overclocking as well :( well, whatever, my cpu didn't make it past 672 anyways.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Fixed my problem. Flashed my original boot.img and made a wipe to fix the boot loop. no more bluetint now, but no more overclocking as well :( well, whatever, my cpu didn't make it past 672 anyways.

Good - I swapped to the 2.2 Japanese Jellyfish - Its very impressive - OC and the wifi seems much better

Overall v good

aleckxander

aleckxander

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Fixed my problem. Flashed my original boot.img and made a wipe to fix the boot loop. no more bluetint now, but no more overclocking as well ;) well, whatever, my cpu didn't make it past 672 anyways.

sorry i didn't explained you properly how to do.. but it's exactly what i meant before ^^''
hope that now that we have found the solution for 2.1 somebody heps for a version upgrade :(

mikegeorge

mikegeorge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:san fran
  • Twitter:@na
Thanks for this Guide, I did the same thing with the super-root and ended up with the Blue tint and screen lock problem on my phone that was 4 hours old.

Followed the guide and all seems fine now.

(struggling to get the web and mms working on my asda sim - if anyone has any ideas ?)

Thanks again you saved me hours or work and panic.

Mike

Flakie

Flakie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

(struggling to get the web and mms working on my asda sim - if anyone has any ideas ?)

Mike

I just had to do the same myself.
I had no APs defined before I began.

Process for setting Internet AP:

Settings
Wireless & networks
Mobile networks
Access Point Names
Menu>New APN

Internet AP settings configured were:
--------
Name: ASDA Internet
APN: asdamobiles.co.uk
Username: web
Password: web
--
I did not change any other settings.

Then repeat above process for setting MMS AP:

MMS AP settings configured were:
--------
Name: ASDA MMS
APN: asdamobiles.co.uk
username: wap
password: wap
MMSC: http://mms.asdamobil...uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
MMS Port: 8799
APN Type: mms
--
Again, I did not change any other settings.

I had to reboot before I could send an MMS.
They just sat there with a red clock/timer icon until I rebooted.
After reboot I can send and receive MMS.
I could access the Internet before a reboot though.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

I just had to do the same myself.
I had no APs defined before I began.

For people on other networks without APN's there is a large list of settings here : http://android.modac...work-providers/

and84

and84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I'm on stock rom and I have the blue tint issue. If I install Finnish RLS4 and flash the original boot.img to fix the issue will I still be able to use ahb_overclocking and HW_ui? And if setcpu is installed after the boot.img is fixed? does the tint return?

Edited by and84, 31 December 2010 - 04:50 PM.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

I'm on stock rom and I have the blue tint issue. If I install Finnish RLS4 and flash the original boot.img to fix the issue will I still be able to use ahb_overclocking and HW_ui? And if setcpu is installed after the boot.img is fixed? does the tint return?

When you download Finnish FillyJonk RSL4, look in the zip

If you see a boot.img then you ONLY need to install the CUSTOM ROM - Clockwork will install the ROM and the BOOT

If it does not have the boot.img, then you you need to put the STOCK TFT compatible boot.img in place.

Do a full clockwork backup.

sumdumguy

sumdumguy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:SF

When you download Finnish FillyJonk RSL4, look in the zip

If you see a boot.img then you ONLY need to install the CUSTOM ROM - Clockwork will install the ROM and the BOOT

If it does not have the boot.img, then you you need to put the STOCK TFT compatible boot.img in place.

Do a full clockwork backup.

1st and last post (probably)..

would the superboot.img (rooting) have anything to do with the blue screen.. do pre made roms contain this automatically ?

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

1st and last post (probably)..

would the superboot.img (rooting) have anything to do with the blue screen.. do pre made roms contain this automatically ?

Yes Superboot.img is OLE only and is exactly the reason.

You need a TFT compatible boot.img

john.smith

john.smith

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Unfortunately this doesn't solve my blue tint problem, even though it's reverted back to the original Orange ROM.

Any insights?

aleckxander

aleckxander

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

why if i flash any rom i got blue tint (obviously i mean TFT roms, provided with boot.img) and i have everytime to restore my original (nandroided) boot.img? where's the difference between flashing a new one, and restoring my old one? isn't it supposed that a custom rom should leave the original boot.img untouched, or is it supposed to be overwritten everytime? anyway why my device is acting like this?

for example:
http://android.modac...d-chinese-leak/
if i open the archive i see in the root a boot.img, so i suppose that, since it's stated to be TFT compatible, i should work easily, but sadly no..

I'm stuck at this point too.
I can't figure out why when i flash a custom rom PROVIDED with a proper boot.img i keep getting blue tint. I'm really going to think that there are some different blue tint issues that we are considering like one.
As soon as i'll feel brave enough i'll try the PTP hungarian way, even if i'm already 512; Someone report side effect like less wifi issues and a solved blue tint issue.

john.smith

john.smith

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
I think I am worse than your case, I got blue tint even on Original UK ROM :-(

I'm stuck at this point too.
I can't figure out why when i flash a custom rom PROVIDED with a proper boot.img i keep getting blue tint. I'm really going to think that there are some different blue tint issues that we are considering like one.
As soon as i'll feel brave enough i'll try the PTP hungarian way, even if i'm already 512; Someone report side effect like less wifi issues and a solved blue tint issue.

aleckxander

aleckxander

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
as i suggested before, have you already tried to access the clockwork advanced restore options, and restored ONLY the boot.img from a nandroid backup of your stock rom (if you have one)?

Edited by aleckxander, 05 January 2011 - 01:15 PM.

sumdumguy

sumdumguy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:SF
Dont' make sense, must something screwy with the stock rom you have, is it the 05 ole version mislabled ? or someone has pre rooted it with with superboot img.

dustofnations

dustofnations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Yes Superboot.img is OLE only and is exactly the reason.

You need a TFT compatible boot.img

Steven, there seems to be one other way to cause this issue. If you wish to get rid of Clockwork Mod and Fastboot, if you use recovery.blade.stock.img and boot.blade.stock.img from Fastboot archive Paul distros, then it sets the device in OLED mode (even if using the TFT specific ROM) - and hence blue tint appears.

StevenHarperUK

StevenHarperUK

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
So your saying that the stock TFT ROM has an OLE boot.img

Hmmm if thats so - then maybe people should try the Hungarian Update.

Unless anyone has another STOCK TFT Rom?

dustofnations

dustofnations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

So your saying that the stock TFT ROM has an OLE boot.img

Hmmm if thats so - then maybe people should try the Hungarian Update.

Unless anyone has another STOCK TFT Rom?

I think it might just be that the stock images provided are the OLE ones or set an OLE flag somewhere during the boot process, rather than the entire ROM (i believe the TFT ROM supports both OLE and TFT usually?)

I can cause blue tint in a repeatable fashion by firstly flashing the correct TFT ROM (which is fine, colours are correct), then pushing over the stock .img files in order to get rid of clockwork mod and fastboot. After the stock .img files from Paul's fastboot distro have been pushed the blue hue appears.

So one possibility is that the bootloader sets a flag or whatever that will instruct the ROM to use OLE mode, which is wrong for TFT phones obviously.

Sadly I didn't back up my boot and recovery sectors before I used the modded ones, which is unfortunate

EDIT:

Done some further investigating, it is definitely the boot img file that is causing the problem, flashing in Paul's stock recovery sector works fine. Might have a dig around in the boot img file later to see if I can find something useful.

Edited by dustofnations, 05 January 2011 - 04:26 PM.

aleckxander

aleckxander

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
it makes sense. i was feeling very stupid since no one (actually very fer persons) had the same problem; your point makes sense to me, but i don't have any idea about how to spot if it's really so or not.

I'm seriously considering to try the Hugarian TPT finger crossing not to brick anything -.-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users