21 replies to this topic

zurpher

zurpher

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:HTC DESIRE S

Well, I agree with you about your concerns about ID, nút regarding location it is rather pointless to send swedish ads to a greek phone.

Location is also problematic - not on country level though. However, for that it would be sufficient to know the SIM-card provider. I don't want anyone to track my mobility. Especially if that data could be combined with other data sets, e.g. shopping behaviour or how affluent certain areas are.

Why does Angry Birds and its business partners need to know in which city I live?

Rotmann

Rotmann

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, ZTE Blade

Location is also problematic - not on country level though. However, for that it would be sufficient to know the SIM-card provider. I don't want anyone to track my mobility. Especially if that data could be combined with other data sets, e.g. shopping behaviour or how affluent certain areas are.

Why does Angry Birds and its business partners need to know in which city I live?

To give you specific ads for your city like Groupon. It would not bring anything if you lived in München and would become offers for Köln.

Edited by Rotmann, 16 January 2011 - 12:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users