51 replies to this topic

psvialli

psvialli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte Racer
Hi Guys,

I am trying to rom my ZTE racer , but i cannot seem to get it to work.

I have the andriod and the red light on , i then click on install-recovery-windows.bat i then get the command window with OKay - but the phoen does not restart , i can not copy update.zip as i cannot acess the device .

I can only acess the device when i restart and let teh phone boot normally - so i can not get it intto recovery mode ?

Any idea's ?

Thanks

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
Hi once the commard window has closed the phone should reboot but if it dont just take the battery out the put back in after 5 secends the hold the vol - and press the power button the phone will but into recovery mod if you get a tfm screen just wite here and i help

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

iammas

iammas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
Thanks for sharing your work. I want to install your Rom but I have already problems with the first step: I can not boot onto the android-only window. I removed the battery, put it again, pushed the vol+ and the powerbutton (at the same time), but the phone boots (as normal) till the simcode-window. What am I doing wrong? And do I have to connect the USB-cable before or after booting?

predo1306

predo1306

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
thanks a lot rickywyatt this rom is the best super working on my ZTE racer. I only had a problem with recovery from this post, I could not seem to install the on button and green strength plus Android and instal recovery, however, the phone does not restart and still shining green Android logo. to remove the battery and re-recovery mode is the key to the on phone and minus button and Recovery is doing great and is now restored that is now a new recovery from this post. I am interested in whether you'll soon to register your something new rom with system 2.2 and if maybe there is something similar. Thanks again

arrioch

arrioch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for sharing this, i've installed it successfully on my Vip Droid, and it works great, especially app2sd, now i have 500mb more space on my card. :(

Question: Is there a way to install some apps on phone memory? That would be great for some small apps that i frequently use, like task switcher, or custom launcher. Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

Great work on this!! I hope you'll port 2.2 when available for Racer.
Thanks again!

carkev

carkev

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
@Ricky
thanks for all your good work ...
as a result I now have a Racer fully rooted and with Clockwork 3.0.0.5 working fine.

I fancy your update rom,
but am a bit confused by it's filename having 'non3G' in it
a daft comment, as I suppose phone will still have 3G capability, but not the '3' branding ?

Edited by carkev, 11 March 2011 - 04:12 PM.

andy787786

andy787786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
I have installed this successfully. LiveWallpapers work brilliant + other addons as mentioned on first page. Tho 3 Crap still exists!

Is there any app that can change the status bar color or make it transparent?

Dj Fluminee

Dj Fluminee

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:Htc Tytn II, Zte Racer

I have installed this successfully. LiveWallpapers work brilliant + other addons as mentioned on first page. Tho 3 Crap still exists!

Is there any app that can change the status bar color or make it transparent?

Read THIS . I downloaded equiliym's "flashable pack", went in recovery -> install zip from sd card -> choose the flashable pack you downloaded and that worked great for me. Do it at your own risk!

redhawkuk

redhawkuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer debranded Three UK
Hi, I recently bought a ZTE Racer on Three UK and still kind of new to this business of customised ROMs but I would like to give it ago anyway.

To be honest I'm fairly happy with the stock ROM but I've found a few nagging issues that need sorting out.
The audio stalls for a split second when flipping from portrait vs landscape and affects all audio based applications.
I cannot use the Android firewall DroidWall and a certain Wifi tethering app because iptables is missing or broken.

I was wondering does your ROM fix these 2 problems??

Also there's no Flash support, a common problem with many headsets.

I did some searching and found this page - http://forum.xda-dev...t.php?p=6569529
It supports Android 2.1 and runs on an ARMv6 processors but when I installed it and tried the browser it won't use the plugin.

After further reading it said I need something called com.google.android.feature.GOOGLE_PLUGIN or android.webkit.permission.PLUGIN ??

I was wondering if there was some kind of dirty hack to get the plugin to work with the default browser??

And lastly I want to change the default levels for the low battery warning dialog box.
Even at 15% I can still use my handset for a good 2 hours solid so I think 5% would be more ideal.

The settings are stored inside framework-res.apk, what I want to know is if I replace framework-res.apk with my own mod and restart the handset will it accept the new settings??

cheers,

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk, 11 July 2011 - 07:38 PM.

kman12041

kman12041

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:zte racer
PLEASE HELP
It seems every time i go into recovery i try to go onto an option pressing green key nothing happens!!!!!!
I have to take out the baterry to exit recovery mode!!!!!!!!
It does boot up but it looks like its bricked
It says zte quite briliiant flashes a couple of times then turns on normaly]
So basicallly my recovery dont work and some ramdom boot up
PLEASE HELP????????????????

Edited by kman12041, 25 September 2011 - 01:59 PM.

Racerboy

Racerboy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Devices:hTC Explorer / Donated Racer

PLEASE HELP
It seems every time i go into recovery i try to go onto an option pressing green key nothing happens!!!!!!
I have to take out the baterry to exit recovery mode!!!!!!!!
It does boot up but it looks like its bricked
It says zte quite briliiant flashes a couple of times then turns on normaly]
So basicallly my recovery dont work and some ramdom boot up
PLEASE HELP????????????????

if your phone is working ok and it boots to desktop you can use Terminal Emulator on the apps menu

1 download THIS and rename it to recovery.img and copy to the root of the sd card
2. Open terminal emulator and type "su" and hit enter (this will give super user to the emulator) and after that type "flash _image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" and you should be fine. reboot into recovery or shut down phone waita few secs then press and hold vol- and then press power button whilst still holding vol-

let us know how you get on :)

Find ALL my 2.3.7 cm7 ROMS HERE and ICSv5-MOD-ROM HERE @ raceroms

Latest LeWa ported ROM HERE

PM`s for help WONT be answered

NunoMGNunes

NunoMGNunes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:TMN Soft Stone (ZTE)
work in zte racer is this android 2.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic