25 replies to this topic

Bazabaza

Bazabaza

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Dell Streak
I cut right hand tab down to about half way, which exposes the USB and keeps the vega in place

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

gorman81

gorman81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:advent vega
Hi
I've got the same keyboard/case - good quality but a pity about the side restraint - what did you use to cut the restraint?
I also had the same problem with repeating the first key press - did as suggested and put a USB hub in line - works perfectly, I've sent off for a mini-hub as I only have a large one at the moment.
My case came with a 4gig micro sd and a pair of ear buds for free so that was a nice surprise.
regards

DocLois

DocLois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ViewPad 10s
Yes I bought the same one. Am running RC8. The KB runs fine on a pc but not on the Vega. If I plug it into an Adaptec unpowered hub and then connect the hub to the Vega, as mentioned in the previous thread, it works fine. Sounds like a KB voltage issue to me. I think I'll put this in the "lessons learned" bin and remind myself not to buy junk that seems "like a good idea at the time" again. :)

jeffcaba

jeffcaba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I just bought the keybord, it works perfectly with a USB-Hub connection.

Now This is the problem... the keybord is set to international, but it's a dutch keybord style.
So the @ on the keybord isn't on the shift + 2, but the one most left.

Now in windows you can easily switch this changes with cntrl + shift.
But with the Vega this isn't working. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

I' m running rc8 on a point of view tablet

Thanks guys! :)

RussWWFC

RussWWFC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, TV, Music, Footy (Wycombe Wanderers)
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Advent Vega
Can anyone tell me where to change the USB setting, I am on VegaICS Beta

richardmlea

richardmlea

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Technology, science, movies, motorcycles, classic volkswagons, paintball, skiing to name a few of my interests.
  • Devices:P10AN01, TF201, HTC Sensation
  • Twitter:@richard lea
What usb settings do you want to change? There is not a lot you can change from within android.
If you want to change the USB host mode, open shuttle tools from the app draw and change the mode with the giant button.:)

Richard Lea
[email protected]
Replacement Tablet Screens UK
I offer a friendly, UK Advent Vega repair service for hardware problems. Just PM or email me your requirements.
Replacement Touchscreens, LCD's and repair service for most Tablets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users