Fullscreen notification patch for the vega

Guest Retrorious

I've been messing around with this via both clockworkmod and using adb and what I've found is that if I apply v1 then I get the full width notification, but if I use v1.1 I got the normal truncated one. So it seems the framework.jar in v1.1 is the wrong one. YMMV

I have also found another problem with this mod - when I install it I get loads of FCs when using the default browser - I tested with only this mod installed over Paul's R6 and once I install this mod the FCs start. If I then flash back to stock and reapply R6 then everything's ok again, so it seems that this mod is the cause of the FCs. Again YMMV.

Edited by .stu

Guest thedicemaster

.stu: i already mentioned that.

you don't have to do all the reinstall stuff to fix it though, just push back the original framework.jar(if you didn't make a backup, use the one i just uploaded)

Guest David.m

I used the root explorer method, rbooted and it worked but when I turned my vega off and turned it on again today it was back to the small bar again. It reverted itself.

Guest Retrorious

Those who think the file changed but it reverted itself should try to clear the dalvik cache

so replace the jar file

then

- adb shell rm -r /data/dalv*

- adb reboot

Guest TeaTimeSoon
no change

Same here - file is definitely the new framework.jar in the right place with the right permissions, rebooted, cleared the dv using Titanium, rebooted again but still have the small notification bar.

EDIT:

And I get the browser crashes - can only watch about 1 minute of BBC iPlayer before FC - and I can see oddities in the web html rendering such as borders not showing - very odd.

Restored the old framework.jar, deleted the Dalvik cache - but this does not restore all settings (e.g. wallpaper is not stretching to fill the whole screen on my small notification bar setup).

Re-applied the pp with small notification bar, but this still does not restore the correct screen height detection - there is a black bar at the top of the wallpaper below the notification bar. Grrrr. Maybe this is being caused by LauncherPro - will clear the LP data to see if it helps EDIT: twiddling with LauncherPro did not cure it, but selecting a random image from my Gallery as a wallpaper, going through the sizing/cropping procedure, saving as a new wallpaper has now cured the glitch - even when selecting a new wallpaper (until now, all wallpapers were being sized incorrectly!).

Edited by TeaTimeSoon

Guest David.m
Same here - file is definitely the new framework.jar in the right place with the right permissions, rebooted, cleared the dv using Titanium, rebooted again but still have the small notification bar.

Same here worked for like 5 mins.

Guest newbe5

Exact same issue with the 1.1 version of this mod here. Still need a newer framework.jar that fixed the g-sensor too. Guess we are waiting for some kind of super-genius to compile us a whole new one with everything fixed!

Guest 2old2mould

FYI. Have flashed this patch to test it. I'm on R6. Installed using ADB method. The notification bar has no difference in size, and I have noticed no degradation in the operating system.

Guest 2old2mould

Update from previous post. I'm now getting both the stock browser and dolphin FCs and multiple keypresses (especially at the keyboard edges letters A and L)

Does anyone know how to revert back? Would simply reflashing the ROM fix this.

Edited by 2old2mould

• 2 months later...
Guest brianf21

I am having the same problem with the NookColor, could you let me know what you did to fix this? I have already made some changes to the status bar, (adding buttons for the lack of physical button), so I can compile it no problem, I can't figure out what the problem is. Thanks in advanced.

• 1 month later...