Just got my Streak with 2.2 installed.

Guest TheSacredSoul

Guest TheSacredSoul

Ive seen streakdroid builds and the other tweaks by people such as Fards. However, I only heard of them in random threads and cant seem to find these tweaks. Any help? What should I do now. I just want it to be responsive and without lag. And somewhat good battery life would be great too :unsure:

Guest Cue_32
Ive seen streakdroid builds and the other tweaks by people such as Fards. However, I only heard of them in random threads and cant seem to find these tweaks. Any help? What should I do now. I just want it to be responsive and without lag. And somewhat good battery life would be great too :unsure:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848487

Thanks, I found it earlier but my device is running 320 :unsure:

BB Version : GAUSB1A132013-EU

Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9-perf

Build Number : 12903

What I did was to root and install recovery. Other than that, its stock. Any other thing I should be doing?

thats a weird baseband, the important bit is the 13- at the end.

where did you get the streak from? is it locked to a network?

my tweaks are for build.prop and sysctl, but I'd rather see the rom first before saying what would work and wouldn't, as it may use a different kernel, or setup...

is the baseband correct? http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A132013 says "Invalid version"

Edited by fards

Guest TheSacredSoul
thats a weird baseband, the important bit is the 13- at the end.

where did you get the streak from? is it locked to a network?

my tweaks are for build.prop and sysctl, but I'd rather see the rom first before saying what would work and wouldn't, as it may use a different kernel, or setup...

is the baseband correct? http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A132013 says "Invalid version"

I got it from a local Starhub shop here in Singapore. It was just released here. And it isn't locked to any network. It's a unlocked set. Locked sets arent allowed to be sold in my country lol. Yes thats the correct baseband but when I press system updates in about phone, I get invalid version too. I am a little confused myself. :unsure:

screenshotbz.png

Edited by TheSacredSoul

Guest TheSacredSoul
I got it from a local Starhub shop here in Singapore. It was just released here. And it isn't locked to any network. It's a unlocked set. Locked sets arent allowed to be sold in my country lol. Yes thats the correct baseband but when I press system updates in about phone, I get invalid version too. I am a little confused myself. :unsure:

screenshotbz.png

Alright, its gone now. I tried Gopu's battery percentage mod (He did it for me for 320). When I rebooted, my phone got stuck in Airplane mode. I had not done a Nandroid backup cos it doesnt seem to work on my streak. I tried a factory restore to try to save the BB but it got stuck on the Dell screen. So downloaded DJ Steve's 1.5.1 and the BB update and now its all good. I lost the goodies from the stock of course.

screenshot5cw.png

• 1 month later...
I got it from a local Starhub shop here in Singapore. It was just released here. And it isn't locked to any network. It's a unlocked set. Locked sets arent allowed to be sold in my country lol. Yes thats the correct baseband but when I press system updates in about phone, I get invalid version too. I am a little confused myself. :P

screenshotbz.png

Hi, me too fr sgo, can ask hz u guys root? cos had use Z4root and superoneclick, both cant... still finding ways to root it. thks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest b0n6a12
Hi, me too fr sgo, can ask hz u guys root? cos had use Z4root and superoneclick, both cant... still finding ways to root it. thks

Root this version

BB Version : GAUSB1A132013-EU

Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9-perf

Build Number : 12903

via SuperOneClick 1.5.5. Do not use SuperBoot as it will brick your Streak

SuperOneClickv1.5.5_ShortFuse_.zip

Guest jmhalder

superoneclick works, you need to use the "rageagainstthecage" exploit, the option is in the upper right hand corner of superoneclick, debugging needs to be turned on in development settings on the phone. and you need to do shell root before actually rooting... also if you use the other exploit first by accident, rageagainstthecage will fail, you need to restart your phone before trying again... its worked for me with 318, 319, 340... I'm sure 320 is no exception.

• 8 months later...

superoneclick works, you need to use the "rageagainstthecage" exploit, the option is in the upper right hand corner of superoneclick, debugging needs to be turned on in development settings on the phone. and you need to do shell root before actually rooting... also if you use the other exploit first by accident, rageagainstthecage will fail, you need to restart your phone before trying again... its worked for me with 318, 319, 340... I'm sure 320 is no exception.

Hi. Trying the procedure on my Streak (same build etc, supplied from Starhub). When I download superoneclick 1.5.5 the rageagainstthecage option doesn't appear. I have downloaded 1.7 and in that it does, but then throws up others errors which it gives me the option to ignore but then just goes to sleep and does nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? I just want to increase the font size so I can see what I am doing!

Guest Azurren

Hi. Trying the procedure on my Streak (same build etc, supplied from Starhub). When I download superoneclick 1.5.5 the rageagainstthecage option doesn't appear. I have downloaded 1.7 and in that it does, but then throws up others errors which it gives me the option to ignore but then just goes to sleep and does nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? I just want to increase the font size so I can see what I am doing!

Well using outdated info isn't exactly easy :P

Heres the latest official, retail, recovery: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/360/recovery.img

Heres the latest official, retail, update: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak_360_17397_00.pkg

Flash the recovery using fastboot and then flash the PKG file (Google around for some guides :)

No need to root your phone (Installing superboot root etc.)

But I am confused.. Do you want to update your phone to froyo or do you just want to increase the font size of the device? :unsure: