Quick Vote, Bing for Verizon, or Google Maps 4.1

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest Fogfire
Well...? :unsure:

X

Don't Use Bing for Verizon.. I believe it has been crippled. Download the main BING App which has full turn by turn.

Its good enough I sold my TomTom for now.

I have both.. but since both can be upgraded by the user when new versions come out from the makers I would not burn them in a ROM.

Guest xlightwaverx
Don't Use Bing for Verizon.. I believe it has been crippled. Download the main BING App which has full turn by turn.

I have both.. but since both can be upgraded by the user when new versions come out from the makers I would not burn them in a ROM.

So far, 2 and 2.

X

Guest rolobolas

1 - Agreed! Do not get the Verizon version of Bing it triggers the Verizon Navigator crap, just download it from Microsoft, it has the free navigation.

2 - Agreed! both are free downloads, no need to put them in the Rom.

3 - Bing has free navigation, Goggle Maps has features such add any address to your contacts

Hope it helps :unsure:

Guest Bryan W.

I like Bings navigation, but map loading is slow, and it occasionally 'crashes to desktop' on my omnia.

In mid trip this can be extremely inconvenient since I have to reopen and reset directions with one hand while driving.

I went back to Google because its more reliable and the maps load faster. Oh and the latest google map app at least supports voice recognition for locating places. That also faster (to me) than Bings app.

Perhaps its because I live in a low signal area and Bing is more data intensive.

Google has the ability to let you create custom routes on a PC, then open them on the PDA.

Guest dgyahn

I use Bing but as the others have said, download the MS version. I use Google Maps also but for navigation Bing's turn by turn with voice is much better for me.

Guest xlightwaverx
2 - Agreed! both are free downloads, no need to put them in the Rom.

So you are saying you want me to put "non-free" things into this ROM?

And on another note, any body find a directory structure to XML tool yet?

X

Guest nvrmind

Google Maps!!! Heh, actually, I've never used bing, but I love that GM syncs my starred places from phone to pc and pc to phone etc... Bing may have the same thing, but I never use bing on the PC, I've tried, but my results never feel as good as Google gives me.