This is my first topic so be gentle
I, like a lot of you are fed up with the BSOD from the clockwork mod, but I feel the advantages of it outweigh the problems. The most annoying thing is reinstalling all
of my settings and application which can be done fairly simply with titanium back-up but that can be to laborious. Also of course installing the clockwork mod again and restoring a NANDroid back-up is an option, however installing the ROM and then the Modaco Mod and then using adb to install the clockwork mod to get to this stage is also a lengthy process.
Below details how to Hack/Mod the Advent stock ROM installer to reinstall your NANDroid backup all in one go!
DISCLAIMER ### This guide is fairly simple and should only be attempted if you know how to "Un-Brick" a Vega using the standard stock installer.
### I will claim no responsibility for anything that might go wrong.
Right lets get on with the guide
- WinRAR , 7-Zip or any other extraction tool that can open a .exe
- A Clockwork Mod nandroid backup.
- The stock vega ROM installer found on http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/
1. Open up softwareImage_v1.06_05_Vega_Final.exe (stock advent ROM installer) using WinRAR.
2. Replace the system.img contained in the stock installer with the system.img from your NANDroid back-up.
3. Don't want the Clockwork Mod Anymore? Ignore this step! replace recovery.img with recovery.img from your NANDroid back-up
4. Now copy in the data.img image from your NANDroid back-up
5. Finally you need to edit the file flash.cfg in your text editor of choice. I use SCITE as I like the syntax highlighting.
This file contains all the information about the partitions to be created by the NVFlash utility. The only change needed is
under the partition called UDA. Just add "filename=data.img" on the end of the partition section and save. This section should now look like this :
6. Finally close WinRAR and rename the .exe so that you know its been hacked.
Now to use you just have to put the Vega into Nvidia Recovery mode by doing the whole hold the BACK button down for 2 seconds thing listed at http://www.myadventv...nstructions.pdf. Then just start up the hacked installer! Enjoy
In working this out I messed up the Vega a few times and it was always recoverable with the Stock ROM installer!
I Hope you guys find this as useful as I have
P.S Cheers Paul for all your work, you are a genius!