How to Upgrade Memory on HTC HD7 to 32GB

Guest Lancez

Guest Lancez

Love the HTC HD7 but hate the low amount of included memory? For most, 8/16GB is plenty, but for those that like to endlessly store music, movies, and apps, the memory ceiling on the HD7 might seem a bit low. Fear not, HD7 owners, because there is a way to bump your memory by a factor of four (or two, depending on how much you're starting off with) if you're willing to get down and dirty by doing some basic internal modifications to your HD7. A tutorial on XDA shows you how to dissect the HD7 to access its microSD slot. All you have to do is swap out the included card for a 32GB class 2 card, clear the memory, and boom...more memory.

instruction here

post-422854-1294028430_thumb.jpg

Guest awarner

It's tempting but until memory prices for 32GB fall I'll give it a miss for now, problem is when memory does drop enough it will be time for an upgrade or I will have so much installed I'll not want to reinstall it all again :unsure:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest cmiuc

about £43 for a sandisk 32gb class 2 at moment from amazon.co.uk, cheap enough?

i did the upgrade, although it wasn't the exact same as what they had on XDA, it was pretty close, so you need to watch in every country and as technolgy does, it changes...i believe the biggest thing to notice is that its CID type card...

has anyone tried 64g?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.