[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

from Russia with love)

this is a very light optimized ROM with some modules which can be easily installed via Malez recovery..

t_l3.gif

by trahelman & me

ROM t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.08

- based on 4.008.08
ROM t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14 post-685295-1294093848_thumb.png
- based on 4.002.14

- fully styled as Gingerbread

- Launcher2, DeskClockGoogle and LatinIME from 2.3

- unique setting: all 14 Wi-Fi channels can be opened in WiFi advanced settings menu

- LiveWallpaper FIX included (but no Wallpapers in the ROM)
ROM t&l_v0.3d.14 - Acer UI + Android UI ROM t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2 - Android UI only !!! LiveWallpapers FIX !!! - fixes LiveWallpapers FC (LiveWallpapers.apk from 2.3 included) post-685295-1294093953_thumb.png
- based on 4.002.14

- unique setting: all 14 WiFi channels can be opened in WiFi advanced settings menu

- battery with steps from 1% to 100%

- transparency in Notification bar

- latest versions of programs which can be easily deleted from Settings->App (ES File Explorer, Yandex.Maps (russian goolge maps), QuickBoot, Adobe Flash Player)

OC BOOT's by keera (this is an archive with all OC boots..extract the one u need):

883-921-960-998Mhz (V4)

V5 - adds cifs module for Samba shares

MODULES:

1. All deleted stock apps - can be installed via Malez recovery or separately (extract ***.apk from package and ''adb push ***.apk /system/app'')

2. XT9

3. Remove Acer UI transparency - only for t&l_v0.3d.14

4. Metal camera - !!!after 1st flash Camera can disappear, just reflash module again or restart your Liquid!!!

5. APP2SD (old method via malez recovery) - thanx thepasto

6. Flip animation for t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14 and t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.08

7. "Next Song" when pressing Сamera button + Back to stock thanx LCR team

8. Quadrant 1600 - Acer UI and Android UI - Can be installed on LCR 2.0 with same effect (!!!will not work on t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.08!!!)

9. 46Kb Adobe Flash Player 10.2 - free's 7Мb in system

MAPS+GPS tweak (if u installed Google Maps from Market u must delete it before flashing the update):

Italy, France, Netherlands, Finland, Spain, Canada ..

THEMES FOR t&l_v0.3d.14 (flip menu animation included in all themes except stock):

1. Green

2. Blue

3. Orange

4. Pink

5. Stock

THEMES FOR t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2 (flip menu animation included in all themes except stock):

1. Green

2. Blue

3. Orange

4. Pink

5. White

6. Stock (black bar)

7. Stock (white bar)

8. Gingerbread (black bar)

9. Gingerbread (white bar)

Enjoy..

Edited by lgcmn

Guest Koki1337
What's the difference between

ROM t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14

and

ROM t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2 - Android UI only

???

I have no idea but this one looks pretty Acer to me

Guest Varyag
What's the difference between

ROM t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14

and

ROM t&l_v0.3d.14_Lan2 - Android UI only

???

oh, boy...

in t&l_Gingerbread_Edition.14 integrated Gingerbread theme and animated wallpapers fix.

c.o.

Guest Zawardo2

Does the provided app2sd file work for dalvik cache too?

And is the screen sensitivity good or does it need a fix (like LS 2.1.4)?

Guest galock

hello

From what I read, it seems to me that this is the best 2.2 rom in terms of stability and lightness (which is what I'm looking for by a custom rom)

anyway I've a few questions before flashing it

1) is the search button working? (in another thread on MODACO some users complained about this bug)

2) in the girgerbread edition is included the feature "battery with steps from 1% to 100%" ?

3) in gingerbread edition are included flip menu animations?

4) does the restore of the apps by titanium backup works? (in this thread some users complained about this bug)

5) are there any other known bugs?

6) is it planned to be released an updated version of this rom? if so when?

many thanks for the answers and congratulations for this nice rom

by galock

Guest L0cu7us

for me the (on the gingerbread.14) metal camera isn't working after i've flash it... no camera at all now, i'm trying to reflash the original one.

ok, i've fixed pushing it into /system/app , flashing via recovery doesn't work.

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest nicknameless

I flashed both the Metal_camera from this thread and the one for LCR. I'm not so sure but seems than the one for LCR makes better video. The functionalities and the layout are the same.

I shooted few videos and I found that framerate and bitrates are a little bit higher with the LCR Metal camera. (19frame/sec vs 17 and 3000/3100kbps vs 2400/2500kbps). By the way, as it was already been said, the resolution is 720x480 even if it's set to 720p (1280x720).

I don't know maybe it's just an impression or the placebo effect having seen the scores, but for me LCR Metal camera seems better, and the speed, stability and funztionalities are the same. I wait for your responses in regard to this.

Ah...and I got one question, when I pres the camera button I used to see a list of the camera app I installed (I used 3 apps: metal camera, Camera360 and Vignette and I chose the one I prefered each time depending on the situation). Now I uninstalled Vignette 'cause I haven't used anymore and install Photaf (which is interesting for panorama photos) but when I press the button it runs the metal camera by default. I tried to go in settings->applications-->etc. to delete the default settings in those apps so that camera button would remain free of choice but it doesn't work. So if I want to run camera360 or Photaf I have to choose it from the menu. Do you know how to free up the button again??

Guest simoneser
hello

From what I read, it seems to me that this is the best 2.2 rom in terms of stability and lightness (which is what I'm looking for by a custom rom)

anyway I've a few questions before flashing it

1) is the search button working? (in another thread on MODACO some users complained about this bug)

2) in the girgerbread edition is included the feature "battery with steps from 1% to 100%" ?

3) in gingerbread edition are included flip menu animations?

4) does the restore of the apps by titanium backup works? (in this thread some users complained about this bug)

5) are there any other known bugs?

6) is it planned to be released an updated version of this rom? if so when?

many thanks for the answers and congratulations for this nice rom

by galock

1) You can pick a GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk from a rom and push it to /system/app to solve the problem

2) Yes

3) No, stock animaton

4) I don't use it

5) Seems not

:unsure:

Guest galock
1) You can pick a GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk from a rom and push it to /system/app to solve the problem

Can I download and install voice search directly from the market? I'don't remeber ho to push apk by pc through adb command ;-)

anyway in the previous T&L thread I've read that even after installing voice search the search button didn't work...can anybody confirm this?

3) No, stock animaton

so, how to enable flip menu also on t&l gingerbread edition?

as regards the installation of the metalcamera the only way is throug adb command via pc since by malez recevery seems non to work? In the previous thread about T&L as far as I remembered it was adviced to reeboot the phone twice after installing metal camera via malez recovery. in this way does it works?

thanks again

Guest G_Technik
can anybody confirm this?
I've installed Voice Search from Market and nothing happens when I tap search button. But if I tap and hold button it asks me what to do: start Cyberon Voice Commander or Voice Search. Edited by G_Technik

Guest simoneser

The simplest way can be:

Download Google Search from market, then

copy

/data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk

to

/system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

and reboot

You can do this via adb or via Root Explorer

Guest thepasto
Just a question, can I apply the LCR OC on this rom?

Only kernel, don't flash entire boot.img, so you have to rebuild boot image with oc kernel then push sdfix if you need app2sd.

Guest galock
The simplest way can be:

Download Google Search from market, then

copy

/data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk

to

/system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

and reboot

You can do this via adb or via Root Explorer

great

I've root explorer :-)

So, as regards the problem of not succeeding in installing the metalcamera via malez recovery, can I just copy the metalcamera apk in /system/app/ through root explorer?

thx

so, how to enable flip menu also on t&l gingerbread edition?

added Flip animation for it in MODULES

So, as regards the problem of not succeeding in installing the metalcamera via malez recovery, can I just copy the metalcamera apk in /system/app/ through root explorer?

as it's said in the firs post, u need to flash metal camera module again or reboot your phone several times and camera will appear.. or just push Camera.apk into your phone :unsure: