Photo

[RECOVERY] AmonRa by Vache for Acer Liquid MT (S120)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I wrote this message when i was in recovery from hard keys combo.now i boot in to system and it asks me to choose language.i choose it and i show that gmail account and my contacts are dissapeared and need to sycronise again.and some settings like format for date and time are back in default.but all my apps and widgets in launcherpro are there!!!

I have faced the same problem some times before and i don't know what caused it! Please let me know if you find a solution.

vache

vache

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile
  • Twitter:@vachounet

I have faced the same problem some times before and i don't know what caused it! Please let me know if you find a solution.

Maybe cause you made a backup with a version og the recovery that didn't support data/dalvik, so when you restore your backup it's like a first boot cause there's no data restored.

chris_kozani

chris_kozani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:acer liquid metal
Ι have partition my sd card from beggining and setup everything again.i`ll write the results.
but for other problem i have faced it without restore before.simply i went to recovery with combo keys,tried to take a nand+ext backup and after that,without restore sth, i made system reboot and i faced the problem
EDIT
Ok it worked but for now i run only your ready script for data2ext.can you make please a script which will move from beggining and dalvik-cache to sd-ext;
what i did
1.boot in recovery
2.wipe all userdata
3.partition sd card
4.made sd-ext from ext2 to ext3
5.copy back from pc my fat32 partition
6.flash rom again
7.boot into rom and after usual reboots i restored my apps with titanium backup
8.boot into recovery and voila nand+ext backup completed!!!
Then reboot and it asks me again for language.After that i made many reboots from recovery and for now no more "language problem"
Really thank you very much for your help. :D

Edited by chris_kozani, 21 February 2011 - 08:55 PM.

vache

vache

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Ι have partition my sd card from beggining and setup everything again.i`ll write the results.
but for other problem i have faced it without restore before.simply i went to recovery with combo keys,tried to take a nand+ext backup and after that,without restore sth, i made system reboot and i faced the problem
EDIT
Ok it worked but for now i run only your ready script for data2ext.can you make please a script which will move from beggining and dalvik-cache to sd-ext;
what i did
1.boot in recovery
2.wipe all userdata
3.partition sd card
4.made sd-ext from ext2 to ext3
5.copy back from pc my fat32 partition
6.flash rom again
7.boot into rom and after usual reboots i restored my apps with titanium backup
8.boot into recovery and voila nand+ext backup completed!!!
Then reboot and it asks me again for language.After that i made many reboots from recovery and for now no more "language problem"
Really thank you very much for your help. :)

You're welcome :huh:

chris_kozani

chris_kozani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
vache i see that your metalouney rom has a taste from gingerbread.is it easy to port whole gingerbread in liquid metal;
personally i dont care if for example camera or notifications in metal surface will not work because there are some other things i like in gingerbread.

athanaso77

athanaso77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

personally i dont care if for example camera or notifications in metal surface will not work because there are some other things i like in gingerbread.

Like what?

chris_kozani

chris_kozani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I like the text selection box with easiest copy-paste and ability to move in the text without the need to have trackball or keyboard with arrows.
You can change font size with spare parts.Now i am running at 200dpi but sometimes i want bigger font size and other times smaller.
And i hope that with 2.3 user agent for internet will work correctly. These are the things that make me not to use liquid metal as basic device.

planetocho

planetocho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can I do app2sd apk, data, dalvik-cache in ext with this AmonRa Recovery without flashing Metalounay?

vache

vache

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Can I do app2sd apk, data, dalvik-cache in ext with this AmonRa Recovery without flashing Metalounay?

Nop you can't use App2SD with the recovery only.
You need a ROM that support it (including some scripts and a compatible boot.img)

larguitto

larguitto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi everybody

I´m spanish (Sorry for my english) and i´m new around here and with Android.

Recently i bought a Acer liquid metal and i´m trying to install AmonRa. I have just downloaded the archieves, set my phone on debug mode, and launch install_recovery.bat.

Then i have downloaded Quick Boot but an alert show me that i dont have root access.

¿What should i do?

Other question is a problem with Wifi. At home, i have a wifi conecction. At firs time i connect without any problem, but now i can´t connect. The wifi disconnect. After read a lot, i think is a problem with Froyo (my actual version is 2.2.2), but i don´t know if there is a solution while acer actualize to gingerbread.

Thanks in advance.

MisfitGeek

MisfitGeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal

Then i have downloaded Quick Boot but an alert show me that i dont have root access.
¿What should i do?

Except if I misunderstand some detail, Amonra brings the recovery, not the root.
Try SuperOneClick from XDA : http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=803682
Esay procedure and push all apk (superuser) needed. I did it yesterday and I can now use Titanium and other 'root' stuff.

Other question is a problem with Wifi. At home, i have a wifi conecction. At firs time i connect without any problem, but now i can´t connect. The wifi disconnect. After read a lot, i think is a problem with Froyo (my actual version is 2.2.2), but i don´t know if there is a solution while acer actualize to gingerbread.

I have my metal since this week-end. I flashed it few times (official bin, T&l) and never had any issue with wifi (WEP). Have you installed some ROM or apps like JuiceDefender, SuperPower?
For Gingerbread, Vache wrote somewhere that Acer planned to release GB around end of March.

spulon

spulon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Liquid Metal/Gingerounay 2.0
  • Twitter:@spulon

I have the same issue ( with latest Bin + Vachounay 1.2.1 ) since last thuesday!
Strange..... Wifi was working; then I can't connect anymore to my freebox ( as there is lot of French metal user here, this can help ). Maybe an app update which has broken something.
Tried to change scan_ap to 0 with no change !

No time to do some more investigation for now.

Cheers,
Stéph.

MisfitGeek

MisfitGeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Guess what? I'm posting through wifi on my freebox... and my liquid for sure.
Are you wep or wpa?
My rom is t&l. I test metalounay on Saturday and notiice that wifi was wrong. It wasn't with freebox, but each time I to enable wifi I get an error (czn't remember). It workked only first time.
As I also installed amonra,this issue is on metalounay I guess. Better is to post in the dedicated topic.

spulon

spulon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Liquid Metal/Gingerounay 2.0
  • Twitter:@spulon

Are you wep or wpa?
My rom is t&l. I test metalounay on Saturday and notiice that wifi was wrong. It wasn't with freebox, but each time I to enable wifi I get an error (czn't remember). It workked only first time.
As I also installed amonra,this issue is on metalounay I guess. Better is to post in the dedicated topic.

Agreed, :D

That's was just to reply to larguitto

Cheers,
Stéph.

larguitto

larguitto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
First time thanks to all for all the replies.

Except if I misunderstand some detail, Amonra brings the recovery, not the root.
Esay procedure and push all apk (superuser) needed. I did it yesterday and I can now use Titanium and other 'root' stuff.
I have my metal since this week-end. I flashed it few times (official bin, T&l) and never had any issue with wifi (WEP). Have you installed some ROM or apps like JuiceDefender, SuperPower?
For Gingerbread, Vache wrote somewhere that Acer planned to release GB around end of March.

This afternoon i´ll try to do it. I hope not to brick the phone.

Are you wep or wpa?

At home my wifi is WPA/WPA2. Maybe that is the problem.

To finish, maybe i must post a dedicated topic.

Thanks to all again.

larguitto

larguitto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Perfect.

Now i have a Nandroid backup.

The backup is in the phone, so when i want to restore it only have to restore from it.?

If i do another backup, it will overwrite the old one?

Thanks again.

davidevinavil

davidevinavil

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
No, You can do all backups you want..
Backup is named about date and hour so all backup have different name and don't overwrites the others..
You'll find backup into nandroid/352809040249615/ folder so you can copy it from phone to pc if you want..
It's useful if you want to format your sd :D
352809040249615 is a folder named with some numbers.. Anyone has different number..
Backups are named like this BCDEAS-20110315-1834
This backup is made 15 march 2011 at 18.34 hours
If you have ext partition and are using a2-sd you must make nandroid + ext backup

Edited by davidevinavil, 15 March 2011 - 11:43 PM.

If you like my work, offer me a beer

larguitto

larguitto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

No, You can do all backups you want..
Backup is named about date and hour so all backup have different name and don't overwrites the others..
You'll find backup into nandroid/352809040249615/ folder so you can copy it from phone to pc if you want..
It's useful if you want to format your sd :D
352809040249615 is a folder named with some numbers.. Anyone has different number..
Backups are named like this BCDEAS-20110315-1834
This backup is made 15 march 2011 at 18.34 hours
If you have ext partition and are using a2-sd you must make nandroid + ext backup

Thank you very much.

Sorry for my simple questions.

Thebushido

Thebushido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Guys. I feal realy stupid asking this, but wen i put the cable connected to the pc it ask if i want to turn 2 options "ON" or if i want to sync. Wen i run the install_recovery shold i have any option selected? I run the install_recovery file and it just do nothing. I feal a real noob:S And sry for bad english:S
BTW do i need to root the mt before i run amonRa? ty

Edited by Thebushido, 19 March 2011 - 12:16 AM.

astuermer

astuermer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid Metal S120
  • Twitter:@AndreasBloggt
Vache, I am using latest 1.0 version on my Acer Liquid MT (1.100.24).

When trying to recover a backup, recovery tells me I have to do this by using ADB and executing "mobilerecovery..." (or so).
Whats wrong?

I made a backup yesterday BEFORE flashing a new kernel... so only difference in the system is the kernel.

Stock 1.100.24 Kernel was flash by your 1 GHz kernel...

--
Acer Liquid MT | Android 2.3.6 (Stock Build 4.000.13 + Root)
Samsung Galaxy Tab | CyanogenMod9 (HumberOSv4 + Root)
Viewsonic Viewpad 7 | Android 2.2.2 (Stock Build 4027.3.620 + Root)

More on Tablets and Tech @ AndreasBloggt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users