How to root your Acer Liquid MT (S120)

Guest PhilNelwyn

Guest PhilNelwyn

"You want to install an application that needs superuser rights like Titanium Backup, and you don't want to wait for a ported Malez Recovery or a natively rooted custom rom ?

Just download "Z4ROOT" and put it on your sd card (at the root).

Then browse your sd card and install the app using a file explorer (ES File Explorer, Astro...).

Once the app's installed, make sure the debug mode is on (parameters>applications>development>usb debugging) and launch the app.

Choose between "temporary root" or "permanent root", let your phone reboot, then launch the app again and you'll see a superuser request... choose "Allow".

Your phone is rooted.

If you want, you can unroot by just launching this app again and choosing un-root."

Translated from Piticoeur topic on a french forum.

Guest freakk

Hi,

I never seemed this type of "root" (I'm newbie), did you already root your phone like this way??

This way of root, is acceptable to in the future install customs ROM's?

Guest PhilNelwyn
Hi,

I never seemed this type of "root" (I'm newbie), did you already root your phone like this way??

This way of root, is acceptable to in the future install customs ROM's?

Yes, I did, it works well.

Most of custom roms will come already rooted.

Guest freakk

Ok, Thank you!

I'm going to do this right now because i've already uninstall applications to install others!

Guest freakk

It seems it's not working very well.. i i've followed the steps but after the reboot, when i tried to open zroot again to select Power user, the android restarted and now all applications on phone crash (contacts, sms, e-mail) even the ui is crashing sometimes.

It is possible to revert all situation? :unsure:

Edit: I've just check that the internal memory is now almos 78 kb because of z4root (18 mb), may that be the problem? I'm going to uninstall some applications to free some internal memory.

Edited by freakk

Guest PhilNelwyn
It seems it's not working very well.. i i've followed the steps but after the reboot, when i tried to open zroot again to select Power user, the android restarted and now all applications on phone crash (contacts, sms, e-mail) even the ui is crashing sometimes.

It is possible to revert all situation? :unsure:

Edit: I've just check that the internal memory is now almos 78 kb because of z4root (18 mb), may that be the problem? I'm going to uninstall some applications to free some internal memory.

Keep me informed.

When you open z4root you can see if your phone was successfully rooted, and choose either to "un-root" or "re-root".

Guest freakk
Keep me informed.

When you open z4root you can see if your phone was successfully rooted, and choose either to "un-root" or "re-root".

It's now working! thank god! I almost had a heart attack!! :unsure: the problem was the low internal memory.

Are you using ACER UI? with the root it seems that the UI becomes less "fluid". I'm thinking use the android UI + Launcher

Edited by freakk

Guest PhilNelwyn
It's now working! thank god! I almost had a heart attack!! :unsure: the problem was the low internal memory.

Are you using ACER UI? with the root it seems that the UI becomes less "fluid". I'm thinking use the android UI + Launcher

Ok, great. B)

No, I don't use Acer UI anymore, notifications are usefull but it's buggy and I missed widgets too much.

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest freakk
Ok, great. :unsure:

No, I don't use Acer UI anymore, notififications are usefull but it's buggy and I missed widgets too much.

yes the widgets is the most failure in Acer UI, which launcher are you currently using? (sorry the off-topic)

Guest PhilNelwyn
yes the widgets is the most failure in Acer UI, which launcher are you currently using? (sorry the off-topic)

I was a fan of LauncherPro, but I tried AdwEX and in my opinion it's better (I didn't use LauncherPro widgets), though it looks like it takes more RAM.

Guest freakk
I was a fan of LauncherPro, but I tried AdwEX and in my opinion it's better (I didn't use LauncherPro widgets), though it looks like it takes more RAM.

Ok, I'm going to try that one!

However, my system was completamete stable, but even with the Android UI + launcher , I notice some breaks and still less fluid.

I did un-root and the system became fluid again, I'm going to try do a hard reset (key combination ?), and root it againd, this time with enough internal memory.

EDIT: So i did the hard-reset to my phone and i run the z4root again, this time i didn't have any problem at all. Still, the lag problem became again..

I'll try the Super One Click Root now! :unsure:

Edited by freakk

• 3 months later...
Guest www.eldoradothemeart.com
Ok, I'm going to try that one!

However, my system was completamete stable, but even with the Android UI + launcher , I notice some breaks and still less fluid.

I did un-root and the system became fluid again, I'm going to try do a hard reset (key combination ?), and root it againd, this time with enough internal memory.

EDIT: So i did the hard-reset to my phone and i run the z4root again, this time i didn't have any problem at all. Still, the lag problem became again..

I'll try the Super One Click Root now! :)

I have Android 2.2.2 and in my Acer LM S120 this apps not working... any root not create

• 4 months later...
Guest vikings123

"You want to install an application that needs superuser rights like Titanium Backup, and you don't want to wait for a ported Malez Recovery or a natively rooted custom rom ?

Just download "Z4ROOT" and put it on your sd card (at the root).

Then browse your sd card and install the app using a file explorer (ES File Explorer, Astro...).

Once the app's installed, make sure the debug mode is on (parameters>applications>development>usb debugging) and launch the app.

Choose between "temporary root" or "permanent root", let your phone reboot, then launch the app again and you'll see a superuser request... choose "Allow".

Your phone is rooted.

If you want, you can unroot by just launching this app again and choosing un-root."

Translated from Piticoeur topic on a french forum.

My anti-virus said this has a trojent virus and terminated the download process.

• 1 month later...
Guest pandra

Installed z4root, it stopped working without affecting the phone after I selected temp root, did not request SU permissions and then when I tried to run it again, it crashed. Universal androot doesnt seem to work either. Any other suggestions?

Guest icanrule

I used Z4root when I had the stock rogers rom and froyo installed. However since the different roms and firmware has been coming out I haven't had much luck with it. I haven't had all the troubles everyone else has been having, but it wouldn't root it. All I can do is load into recovery and install SU as a zip from there. That never seems to fail.

Guest pandra

OK I have now tried z4root 1.3, universal androot 1.6 and superoneclick 2.1.1. None are working to root my phone. I have already flashed it with a new ROM because I wanted to get rid of the Telstra crudware, but I still have very little space and too many apps vying for it, so I need to root so I can get rid of the unwanted Acer apps as well (I know I need to be careful here because some are system-essential).

Really... its no wonder I keep going back to my iphone :(

I'm trying to keep the stuff I have to do to an absolutel minimum, so I was hoping to avoid recovery and custom ROMs. I'm happy with what I have, I'm just not happy with the lack of RAM

• 3 months later...
Guest NeBlackCat

OK I have now tried z4root 1.3, universal androot 1.6 and superoneclick 2.1.1. None are working to root my phone. I have already flashed it with a new ROM because I wanted to get rid of the Telstra crudware, but I still have very little space and too many apps vying for it, so I need to root so I can get rid of the unwanted Acer apps as well (I know I need to be careful here because some are system-essential).

I'm trying to keep the stuff I have to do to an absolutel minimum, so I was hoping to avoid recovery and custom ROMs. I'm happy with what I have, I'm just not happy with the lack of RAM

SuperOneClick 2.3.3 worked on my LMT with stock Telstra software. You have to reboot after applying it, to get the root. I'm guessing it used the Psneuter method, as that binary is left on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lostone

I have brought a acer liquid metal and just wanted to move stuff over to the memory card and delete some stuff.But

When i try this on my acer all i get is "trying to root" then the screen goes black.After a few mins the phone asks me if i want to wait or force close.If i press the back button i get back to the home screen and if i press z4root again i just get a white screen any ideas? I have also tried super one click on both root and shell root but it says

daemon started successfully

ok

pushing psneuter

ok

2820kb/s(5857731 bytes in 0.202s)

ok

chmod psneuter

ok

running psneuter

and thats it,it freezes and the only thing i can do is remove the phone,sometimes the program dose not respond.I have tried downloading the usb drivers from the acer site but still no joy any ideas?

Edited by lostone

Guest sumdumguy

If you are using a custom rom, it's already rooted, thats why the rooting apps are not working. I would of thought

Guest digitaldai

I think neither of these methods (z4root or super one click) work on 2.3.6 now?

I just get the same as previous poster. any link to a working root for stock 2.3.6 would be great.

cheers, shall keep trying.

I have brought a acer liquid metal and just wanted to move stuff over to the memory card and delete some stuff.But

When i try this on my acer all i get is "trying to root" then the screen goes black.After a few mins the phone asks me if i want to wait or force close.If i press the back button i get back to the home screen and if i press z4root again i just get a white screen any ideas? I have also tried super one click on both root and shell root but it says

daemon started successfully

ok

pushing psneuter

ok

2820kb/s(5857731 bytes in 0.202s)

ok

chmod psneuter

ok

running psneuter

and thats it,it freezes and the only thing i can do is remove the phone,sometimes the program dose not respond.I have tried downloading the usb drivers from the acer site but still no joy any ideas?

FWIW I'm using UnlockRoot. Works really well. Downloaded Titanium Backup and have moved 25+ apps onto my SD card