22 replies to this topic

sumdumguy

sumdumguy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Devices:SF

OK I have now tried z4root 1.3, universal androot 1.6 and superoneclick 2.1.1. None are working to root my phone. I have already flashed it with a new ROM because I wanted to get rid of the Telstra crudware, but I still have very little space and too many apps vying for it, so I need to root so I can get rid of the unwanted Acer apps as well (I know I need to be careful here because some are system-essential).

Really... its no wonder I keep going back to my iphone :(

I'm trying to keep the stuff I have to do to an absolutel minimum, so I was hoping to avoid recovery and custom ROMs. I'm happy with what I have, I'm just not happy with the lack of RAM

If you are using a custom rom, it's already rooted, thats why the rooting apps are not working. I would of thought

digitaldai

digitaldai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Mako and Grouper - cyanogen
I think neither of these methods (z4root or super one click) work on 2.3.6 now?

I just get the same as previous poster. any link to a working root for stock 2.3.6 would be great.

cheers, shall keep trying.

cjp40

cjp40

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD Touch

I have brought a acer liquid metal and just wanted to move stuff over to the memory card and delete some stuff.But

When i try this on my acer all i get is "trying to root" then the screen goes black.After a few mins the phone asks me if i want to wait or force close.If i press the back button i get back to the home screen and if i press z4root again i just get a white screen any ideas? I have also tried super one click on both root and shell root but it says

daemon started successfully

ok

pushing psneuter

ok

2820kb/s(5857731 bytes in 0.202s)

ok

chmod psneuter

ok

running psneuter

and thats it,it freezes and the only thing i can do is remove the phone,sometimes the program dose not respond.I have tried downloading the usb drivers from the acer site but still no joy any ideas?

FWIW I'm using UnlockRoot. Works really well. Downloaded Titanium Backup and have moved 25+ apps onto my SD card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users