Adam from xda gets a Vega!

Guest removed-14

Guest removed-14

Adam of Oxygen Rom (gingerbread on the Htc Desire... yes ive flashed it and its great!) fame at xda-developers has got himself a Vega. He has tweeted that his first job is to flash a new Rom! Watch this space!

Guest HunteronX

Nice - thanks for the info! :unsure:

Hopefully, this means that other developers will come over too, so Paul can take a break...

Edited by HunteronX

Guest alphaola
Nice - thanks for the info! :unsure:

Hopefully, this means that other developers will come over too, so Paul can take a break...

Haa haa you guys beat me to it. Yes hopefully we get a clean rom like oxygen

Guest Lennyuk
Haa haa you guys beat me to it. Yes hopefully we get a clean rom like oxygen

Don't freak out too much, AdamG has never done anything outstanding and spends a lot of time attacking other devs ... but this is just my opinion of him.

Guest jellywobbles
Don't freak out too much, AdamG has never done anything outstanding and spends a lot of time attacking other devs ... but this is just my opinion of him.

Hmm! Well, if XDA are true to form, we'll probably see quite a bit of Pauls Vega stuff finding its way there (as has already happened) with no credits to Paul or his hard work! :unsure:. Sure hope not!

Edited by jellywobbles

Guest Lennyuk

Just take it as it is, the more devs the better, seen as this tablet is technically UK only for now there won't be hundreds of devs so we can take all we get.

Just don't expect Adam to work some magic, without a kernel source there is not much more that can be done to improve the roms further than what Paul has already done.

But if Adam can prove me wrong I would gladly retract the above paragraph :unsure:

Guest zzleezz

Meeeoooow!

Is that some kind of crazy irony Lenny?

I'm one of the oxygen rom end users that appreciate Adams work and efforts and is also excited at the prospect of a Vega falling into the hands of an active and talented rom Rev. Not sure what has gone on between devs on other forums but do you think its necessary to drag it in here?

I see from your tag that you are a villainrom forum moderator so I would maybe expect a little less opinion. But having now aired mine I do understand I am putting my head above the parapet, just feel that as Adam has no voice here someone should defend him.

Guest Lennyuk
Meeeoooow!

Is that some kind of crazy irony Lenny?

I'm one of the oxygen rom end users that appreciate Adams work and efforts and is also excited at the prospect of a Vega falling into the hands of an active and talented rom Rev. Not sure what has gone on between devs on other forums but do you think its necessary to drag it in here?

I see from your tag that you are a villainrom forum moderator so I would maybe expect a little less opinion. But having now aired mine I do understand I am putting my head above the parapet, just feel that as Adam has no voice here someone should defend him.

I am entitled to an opinion and what I said was nothing more than fact really, he has not done more with any rom than other devs could (but nore have most devs) and he does spend a lot of time attacking others namely RichardTrip, however like I said this is just what I think and if he can prove me wrong I would gladly retract said comments.

Edit: After a coffee I have decided I will say no more on this topic and just wait to see what happens.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest Higgsy
Hmm! Well, if XDA are true to form, we'll probably see quite a bit of Pauls Vega stuff finding its way there (as has already happened) with no credits to Paul or his hard work! :unsure:. Sure hope not!

Thats a bit harsh to be fair.

Guest zzleezz

There is quite a lot of bitter feeling going round isnt there!

Lets be clear, I found what you said ironic in the extreme

The fact that you went out of your way to attack AdamG here and in that attack you accuse him of spending a lot of time attacking other devs is pretty much a definition of ironic. *edited this bit* And to back up the claim of ultimate irony I even went to the trouble of digging up the original argument on XDA between Richard and Adam that you managed to stop by saying the following....

DO THIS OFF THE FORUM!

come on guys you both have two of the biggest roms around, both based on ASOP and CM

there will be similarities in both because its the same base!!

Lets get this back on topic and talk kernels :angry:

Priceless :o *end of edit*

That being said I also think that your opinion on AdamG having never done anything outstanding is not actually fair, almost everything rom devs do is derivative, what makes them unique is the thing that appeals to the end user and I happen to like what AdamG has done with his Oxygen rom for the HTC Desire. I have also had some Richardtrip roms on my device (Richard now develops for Villainrom for those that dont know, the same Villainrom that that LennyUK moderates for...) and have been very happy with his work. But there is very little real difference from one dev to another and singling one out as you have done and attacking him here just seems lame really.

If you dont like his work feel free to not install his rom when it comes along, creating negative feeling on this forum to one of your forums competitors on this forum just feels unprofessional to me whichever way you paint it.

I also noticed on twitter before the fat man in the red suit was at work that NPRussell (Villainroms main dev) was trying to buy a Vega, well despite the damage you might have done to Villainroms reputation on this site (in my opinion) I welcome the idea of yet another active dev working on one of my toys :unsure:

I dont drink coffee but will also leave this here in the interest of trying not to have too much fun B)

Edited by zzleezz

Guest Schooleydoo
Thats a bit harsh to be fair.

Agreed. You cannot ensure content is correctly "credited" on a forum with over 3.2 million members.

Although from my very limited reading, it seems all above board.

Guest terminaljunkie

I don't drink coffee, but I do salute all devs who provide the improvements, tweaks and functionality we seek.

My 0.02 worth....please leave the infighting out of this environment.

Guest zzleezz
I don't drink coffee, but I do salute all devs who provide the improvements, tweaks and functionality we seek.

My 0.02 worth....please leave the infighting out of this environment.

Here Here! To be honest, coffee sucks. Any drink that is pretentious enough to have double ff followed by double ee just thinks too much of itself B)

Hoping that the kernel source drops soon, things bound to get very interesting around that time. Having played with Gingerbread on my desire for a while now I can see it being really sexy on my Vega. And with my Vega not being mission critical like a phone is I will be far more experimental and drastic with new roms and hacks :unsure: Its like Christmas is coming again already!

Guest Lennyuk
Here Here! To be honest, coffee sucks. Any drink that is pretentious enough to have double ff followed by double ee just thinks too much of itself B)

Hoping that the kernel source drops soon, things bound to get very interesting around that time. Having played with Gingerbread on my desire for a while now I can see it being really sexy on my Vega. And with my Vega not being mission critical like a phone is I will be far more experimental and drastic with new roms and hacks :unsure: Its like Christmas is coming again already!

Singling one dev out in the way I have in my opinion is no different to singling them out for being good. As far as my comment about not being different goes, I did follow it up with the comment that most devs are the same, its very difficult to do things with android now, you either build from source ala CM or build on stock ala Modaco.

AdamG does his thing and everyone else does theres, but my problem arose when he attacks others for being too similar when he was doing the same thing himself.

Like I said I welcome any development on the vega and if he can produce something better than what paul has done so far (or even if VillainRom do if I put my own dev hat on) it will only benefit the community.

I fail to see how I have damaged any reputation of VillainRom, and taking quotes from xda is in your words "lame" and completely out of context, I said that after an argument that spanned pages and pages and multiple threads on xda your making it sound like I said it after one or two comments like in this thread.

I did not mean to really "attack" anyone here I was just making a comment that AdamG will not be the "savour" of the vega (not that it needs saving) and nore will any other individual dev.

I think I am done now.

Peace

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest zzleezz
Singling one dev out in the way I have in my opinion is no different to singling them out for being good. As far as my comment about not being different goes, I did follow it up with the comment that most devs are the same, its very difficult to do things with android now, you either build from source ala CM or build on stock ala Modaco.

AdamG does his thing and everyone else does theres, but my problem arose when he attacks others for being too similar when he was doing the same thing himself.

Like I said I welcome any development on the vega and if he can produce something better than what paul has done so far (or even if VillainRom do if I put my own dev hat on) it will only benefit the community.

I fail to see how I have damaged any reputation of VillainRom, and taking quotes from xda is in your words "lame" and completely out of context, I said that after an argument that spanned pages and pages and multiple threads on xda your making it sound like I said it after one or two comments like in this thread.

I did not mean to really "attack" anyone here I was just making a comment that AdamG will not be the "savour" of the vega (not that it needs saving) and nore will any other individual dev.

I think I am done now.

Peace

Errr, Lenny? Thanks for quoting me in your last post and then not actually saying anything that related to that post, maybe you were trying to save space and quoted the smaller of my posts? :unsure:

Singling one dev out in the way you did is no different to singling them out for being good? In what crazy dream world is criticizing and praising the same thing?

Also the quote I took of you from XDA in no way painted you in a negative way, if anything it showed you were willing to stop a fight on a forum that was in the wrong place (another irony?) I was just pointing out that it was ironic that you stopped the fight on XDA where you thought it was inappropriate but some 4 months later you thought it would be ok to dig up that old history (which by the way was just a lot of hot air and not worth getting stressed about then never mind now) and bring it here! I will say it again for clarities sake - Ironic.

Maybe if your last post had just contained the last paragraph starting with "I did not mean to really "attack" anyone here" that might have been the bigger thing to do.

Im betting with myself that as a lawyer you wont be able to resist carrying this on (last word is important in any argument B) ) despite twice saying you will say no more. Please take all this in the spirit in which it was intended, with a complete lack of aggression and a 99% focus on the irony and smile that put on my face.

Also Peace and I am really done now, have a bed to repair!! Dont ask!!

Guest jellywobbles
i meant on the xda community

But of course. Great place in general - its just the few :unsure:

Edited by jellywobbles

Guest HunteronX
Wow I have to give it to him, the man works fast, his first AOSP build for the vega is done already, he just tweeted a screen shot of it.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1989/deviceap.png - one thing to note is the signal bar is still there, personally that would bug me.

Don't worry about the signal bar - it's probably only a test build, just to see what works, and won't have any graphical fixes yet.

I'm surprised that this has been done already though.

Guest Lennyuk

And to maybe add another to the mix, Nathan of Team Villain is currently going to see a vega in PC World, if he likes what he sees he will order and has said already he will make a rom for it.

Lets hope more devs decide to get a vega otherwise I may have to start deving (not done any real dev work myself for ages)

I am looking forward to the final output of AdamG, and I wonder where he will release it too as well, as xda has no vega forum.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest huwwatkins
And to maybe add another to the mix, Nathan of Team Villain is currently going to see a vega in PC World, if he likes what he sees he will order and has said already he will make a rom for it.

Lets hope more devs decide to get a vega otherwise I may have to start deving (not done any real dev work myself for ages)

I am looking forward to the final output of AdamG, and I wonder where he will release it too as well, as xda has no vega forum.

I didn't think PC world had any stock in stores - let alone a display model?

Guest Lennyuk
I didn't think PC world had any stock in stores - let alone a display model?

No they wont have stock, bur he wqs told there was a display model