[GUIDE] Theme editing and related things.

Guest Frankish

The Mms.apk needs to be named with a capital M. Otherwise 2 will exist. And the system will use Mms.apk instead of mms.apk. Try that, if it still doesn't work there may be a problem with it.

I would take an Mms.apk from another rom that uses dark background. I have been using a CyanogenMod Mms.apk since i got my blade. Always preferred the black background.

I use the CM mms too, I much prefer the dark as well.

Another thing you may want to check is that you're using the apktool 1.3.1 linked in Frankish's first post and not 1.3.2 which has "faults".

Guest mELIANTE
The Mms.apk needs to be named with a capital M. Otherwise 2 will exist. And the system will use Mms.apk instead of mms.apk. Try that, if it still doesn't work there may be a problem with it.

I would take an Mms.apk from another rom that uses dark background. I have been using a CyanogenMod Mms.apk since i got my blade. Always preferred the black background.

Thanks for the reply but I didn't let both of them sit in the system at the same time. The recompiled one was named exactly like the original and the permissions were the same, it just didn't show up in the app drawer. I even signed with test keys it and still nothing, even the size difference remained, although I just edited some .xml files and didn't remove anything :P

Guest Frankish
Thanks for the reply but I didn't let both of them sit in the system at the same time. The recompiled one was named exactly like the original and the permissions were the same, it just didn't show up in the app drawer. I even signed with test keys it and still nothing, even the size difference remained, although I just edited some .xml files and didn't remove anything :P

Can i take a guess and say you put the file there with Root Explorer? Try adb push through recovery. I had the issue of it not showing up when using root explorer. ADB delet and then push worked for me.

Careful, because in Seb's thread he says signed with test keys, and somewhere else he says signed with the standard developer key. I'm 99.99% sure from experience that he signed, and you need to re-sign with the platform key.

Guest mELIANTE
Can i take a guess and say you put the file there with Root Explorer? Try adb push through recovery. I had the issue of it not showing up when using root explorer. ADB delet and then push worked for me.

That's a good guess. Gonna try that way then, thank you :P

Guest mELIANTE
Just tried it myself with music.apk and didn't work flashing in recovery does.

Thanks for that :P

Will I have to sign it then?

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest mELIANTE
No not really.

Thank you for all the help. Gonna see what happens ^^

EDIT:

Messed all up. lol

Then, I went searching on GitHub and changing the background appears to be a complex task, not for me unfortunately :P

Edited by mELIANTE

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Mushroom_Lord

This should be pinned...

Its just so full of usefulness! :D

Just wish I could actually use apk tool :D

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Just wish I could actually use apk tool :D

I'll just use winrar for now...it does the job :o

OH, and does anyone how how to change the colour of the status/notification bar?

Sorry if it says I couldn't find it :D

Guest ColdEmbrace
I'll just use winrar for now...it does the job :D

OH, and does anyone how how to change the colour of the status/notification bar?

Sorry if it says I couldn't find it :D

Quoting yourself thats a little space wasty when you can just edit it :o

according to UOT Kitchen

For Gingerbread roms only,

uploading framework-res.ap and SystemUI.apk

So maybe the option is in there?

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Quoting yourself thats a little space wasty when you can just edit it :D

according to UOT Kitchen

For Gingerbread roms only,

uploading framework-res.ap and SystemUI.apk

So maybe the option is in there?

I normally edit but felt like using reply :D

and its only white and black there...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Metacadoari

I've got a problem, I downloaded APK Tool and extracted it but there is no .bat files anywhere. Where those should be and am I doing something wrong?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tutorial,

I have used this tutorial to do a bit of theming on my galaxy s and galaxy s2, everything is fine but only a few dialog windows not showing correctly, like in settings>Display>>screen display>font style when the popup dialog appears its black font on dark background, I searched internet and seems many themers have problem with the same issue, does any1 have any idea?