251 replies to this topic

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

Well you could always load up spb backup and make a FULL backup, that way you can restore your phone using the ZeroSense flash.

Esentially with using ZeroSense +spb FULL restore it would be like you never tried anyother roms. Thats what I do for my wife now that I test my new roms.

Ultralite+Sense has EVERYTHING working in HTC messaging (even has facebook integration). Its a lot leaner than ZeroSense, but remember its still a test. My wife is using it and she seems to like it. so give it a try. Oh and the long Send key is mapped to the Comm manager =)

Thanks, I'll try ultralite+sense next. I've used SPB backup before, but the reason I wouldn't this time is the phone has gotten a little flaky - a fresh start is called for. Now, I just need some time off to flash.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

yieldsign2

yieldsign2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
One more question.. I can't seem to get ANY rotation to work, at least not for most apps. I'm trying to get remote desktop to go landscape and I can't. Installing amdzero motion agent didn't seem to do much, and orientation detector complains about not having the SDK even though I installed it (albeit, after I tried it once). Rotation Detector will not work either.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, wrong SDK version... got it now.

Edited by yieldsign2, 10 March 2011 - 04:58 AM.

jberd

jberd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

One more question.. I can't seem to get ANY rotation to work, at least not for most apps. I'm trying to get remote desktop to go landscape and I can't. Installing amdzero motion agent didn't seem to do much, and orientation detector complains about not having the SDK even though I installed it (albeit, after I tried it once). Rotation Detector will not work either.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, wrong SDK version... got it now.

Does this mean that you have auto-rotation working?

*EDIT* NM, i got it!

For anyone interested, here's the link:
http://www.modaco.co...orotation-v1-1/

I installed the latest version and SDK 2.0

It works a little strangely with sense...In order to get auto rotation to work for messaing is to add Start to the list. It works but ALL of sense rotates when orientation changes. I'll keep playing around, but for now it's better than no rotation (for me anyway :( )

Edited by jberd, 10 March 2011 - 06:43 PM.

yieldsign2

yieldsign2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Does this mean that you have auto-rotation working?

*EDIT* NM, i got it!

For anyone interested, here's the link:
http://www.modaco.co...orotation-v1-1/

I installed the latest version and SDK 2.0

It works a little strangely with sense...In order to get auto rotation to work for messaing is to add Start to the list. It works but ALL of sense rotates when orientation changes. I'll keep playing around, but for now it's better than no rotation (for me anyway :( )

Let me know if you find a way to get sense NOT to rotate with the app. It keeps rotating and sense ends up getitng confused about how big it should be. I think I saw some information on how to fix this somewhere, but haven't found it again yet. For now I took it out of startup and only use it when I want to use it..

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2
Here is test 5, its 23569 (6.5.5) and has minimal Sense in it.

http://www.4shared.c...SkinnySens.html

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Here is test 5, its 23569 (6.5.5) and has minimal Sense in it.

http://www.4shared.c...SkinnySens.html

What is minimal sense? What's different?

Also, how do you tie the commanager to the phone key long press? Soea this need to be set up in the .nb0, or can I change it to anything I like after the flash? Thanks.

Edited by tedkord, 11 March 2011 - 03:55 PM.

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920
Test 5 problem: "SIM card missing" when replying to text using HTC Messaging, have to send texts through default text messenger. This is all I noticed so far

A good thing is that LED notifications are working again. I guess that the problem has to do with HTC Messenger on the other roms

This version is really stripped: Only the Home, People, Messages, Mail, and Weather tabs are on it. This does make Sense faster, but I'm into Sense cuz of the eye candy. And I really love the HTC Messenger app and I hate the default windows texting app with a passion

Samsung Omnia II i920

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

Test 5 problem: "SIM card missing" when replying to text using HTC Messaging, have to send texts through default text messenger. This is all I noticed so far

A good thing is that LED notifications are working again. I guess that the problem has to do with HTC Messenger on the other roms

This version is really stripped: Only the Home, People, Messages, Mail, and Weather tabs are on it. This does make Sense faster, but I'm into Sense cuz of the eye candy. And I really love the HTC Messenger app and I hate the default windows texting app with a passion

Well that little HTC Messenger App can be a little B***h sometimes :( I gotta get stuff working with it on my end cause it's being a pain. Sometimes leaving stuff out is easier than spending days trying to make something work.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx, 11 March 2011 - 10:55 PM.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

What is minimal sense? What's different?

Also, how do you tie the commanager to the phone key long press? Soea this need to be set up in the .nb0, or can I change it to anything I like after the flash? Thanks.

I left a LOT out by request. To me it doesn't seem any faster.

Besides the minimal tabs (Home, People, Messaging, Email, Weather) I removed HTC Messaging (yes thats why it says sim card problem).
I removed the eye candy flip clock (only flips when minutes change).
I cooked in some Cache settings (still didn't see a difference).

It does give a little more free ram, but its at the expense of some serious usability.

The commanager in my roms is mapped via long send key press, this is done in my sense roms, but it doesn't have to be cooked in.

I'm just using vjbrisk and renaming it to voicerecognition.exe
http://www.vijay555....eleases:VJBrisk

gbeirn

gbeirn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is GPS working correctly with theres? I am unable to choose GPS data ports or set baud rate. The only option is GPS program port.

Unrelated, in the samsung settings, The Phone/Bluetooth/WiFi settings do not do anything. Meaning I tap on them and nothing opens.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Is GPS working correctly with theres? I am unable to choose GPS data ports or set baud rate. The only option is GPS program port.

Unrelated, in the samsung settings, The Phone/Bluetooth/WiFi settings do not do anything. Meaning I tap on them and nothing opens.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

GPS does work, no you can't change the ports, theres really no need as windows will detect the ports. You just have to make sure you turn location on.
Start Menu->Settings->Personal->Phone->Services->GPS->Location On

The phone/bluetooth/wifi settings have been removed, I really didn't want to include samsung settings at all. Those settings can be changed from windows settings. I only included samsung settings upon request.

Here are the missing settings if you still want to use samsung settings.
Attached File  AMDZero_sam_bt_ph_wifi_set.zip   2.37MB   10 downloads

gbeirn

gbeirn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

GPS does work, no you can't change the ports, theres really no need as windows will detect the ports. You just have to make sure you turn location on.
Start Menu->Settings->Personal->Phone->Services->GPS->Location On

The phone/bluetooth/wifi settings have been removed, I really didn't want to include samsung settings at all. Those settings can be changed from windows settings. I only included samsung settings upon request.
Here are the missing settings if you still want to use samsung settings.
Attached File  AMDZero_sam_bt_ph_wifi_set.zip   2.37MB   10 downloads

Thanks I didn't realize you had taken all that out. Thanks for the clarification. I did also find a problem when starting Windows Media Player that lockscreen.exe can not be found.

Edit: I should say, thanks for making this. I really do appreciate these lite versions. I don't mean to pick out bugs to criticize but to help improve them.

Edited by gbeirn, 14 March 2011 - 07:48 PM.

yieldsign2

yieldsign2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Is it normal to experience a long lag before the keyboard starts working in texts, even if you've used texts recently? Just wondering if it hast o do with this htc keyboard.. or my phone.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
AMD, do you have a .cab for the HTC ComManager/WIFI Router in your roms. I thought I had it, but the one I have doesn't work quite right - no tab for data connection.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

AMD, do you have a .cab for the HTC ComManager/WIFI Router in your roms. I thought I had it, but the one I have doesn't work quite right - no tab for data connection.

do you mean do I have a cab for commanager wifi router for use NOT in my sense roms?

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

do you mean do I have a cab for commanager wifi router for use NOT in my sense roms?

Yeah, I guess that is what I mean. I am trying Xlightwaver's newest ROM with his patch for a bit (the patch bungled my install on your latest test 4). I installed it on here, and used vjbrisk (what a great find this is - thanks for it.) to assign it to the long send key press, but it doesn't show a data switch, only phone, wifi router, etc...

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Yeah, I guess that is what I mean. I am trying Xlightwaver's newest ROM with his patch for a bit (the patch bungled my install on your latest test 4). I installed it on here, and used vjbrisk (what a great find this is - thanks for it.) to assign it to the long send key press, but it doesn't show a data switch, only phone, wifi router, etc...

http://www.modaco.co...e-roms/page/20/
post #23

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Got it. Thanks! You are, as always, the man.

mdkpnj

mdkpnj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I920
I've been running test5 since the weekend, and it runs well and sense definitely seems faster and seems to use less ram. This might be a sense rom I can stick with, usually the way sense eats ram causes me to have to switch back to a stock or lite rom. I have two questions though;

1. Is the test5 skinny sense supposed to work with CHT and CHTeditor? It seems to, but every oce in a while it freezes when they are insatlled.
2. I cannot change the background image. I get the dialog box to select the image I want, clock OK, and I get returned to the 'Set Wallpaper' page and nothing happened. Was that capability removed?

Thank you.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

I've been running test5 since the weekend, and it runs well and sense definitely seems faster and seems to use less ram. This might be a sense rom I can stick with, usually the way sense eats ram causes me to have to switch back to a stock or lite rom. I have two questions though;

1. Is the test5 skinny sense supposed to work with CHT and CHTeditor? It seems to, but every oce in a while it freezes when they are insatlled.
2. I cannot change the background image. I get the dialog box to select the image I want, clock OK, and I get returned to the 'Set Wallpaper' page and nothing happened. Was that capability removed?

Thank you.

1. I've not tried cht, I removed quite abit so It may or may not work
2. The background image will not change, as I removed the album and photopicker from the build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users