• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I tested SMS, receive and reply and works fine.
MMS, on receive, gave me a "MMSTrayNotification".exe error but i did receive it.

edit: also noticed Adv. Config. doesn't work with it.

Edited by ultralight23, 09 January 2011 - 10:39 PM.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

3. Proprietary side lock (no end button wake up). This means also the side screen off/wake up button also locks without the pin function

Just change the lock options in samsung settings. You can change it to what you want by going to Settings/General Settings/Buttons/Wake Up/Lock Only.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Just change the lock options in samsung settings. You can change it to what you want by going to Settings/General Settings/Buttons/Wake Up/Lock Only.

...Almost all samsung software components have been removed (not to include drivers obviously)....

This includes samsung settings.

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Another one I just noticed was missing is the usb mode connection. Switching between activesync and mass storage device.

Thanks, the rom is super fast. Also, battery life is much better.

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
will this work for the backlight lockscreen issue?

http://www.modaco.co...-on-lockscreen/

I have mortscript 4.2 so that's not an issue but being a noob at this not sure where to put the .dll file.

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920

will this work for the backlight lockscreen issue?

http://www.modaco.co...-on-lockscreen/

I have mortscript 4.2 so that's not an issue but being a noob at this not sure where to put the .dll file.

This is what I used and it works. The last link in that first post is a .cab file, jut install it to the device

Samsung Omnia II i920

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thanks sandman, do i still need to install mortscript?

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Thanks sandman, do i still need to install mortscript?

No, I never installed mortscript

Samsung Omnia II i920

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Awesome, worked like a charm....thanks bigtime!

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
So far, everything I've listed is in Omnia settings, bleh... However, I just noticed that the headphone dialog doesn't come up when you plug in headphones/tv-out/headset.

Thanks

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
OK so my Exchange Server finally connected through ActiveSync. Weird but for a couple of days it wasn't there even though my colleagues were still connected and woke up this morning and it was connected.

Cool, it still does the slide to answer when locked and dropped icon notifications when locked but i guess those are winmo thingies.

Edited by ultralight23, 11 January 2011 - 11:46 AM.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

So far, everything I've listed is in Omnia settings, bleh... However, I just noticed that the headphone dialog doesn't come up when you plug in headphones/tv-out/headset.

Thanks

AMD is missing some required EXE's :D

X

Edit: XOCommonDialog.exe

Edited by xlightwaverx, 12 January 2011 - 04:16 AM.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I've gotten flash player error messages when opening some sites in ie.

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
AMD, how is the sense version coming along? Need a tester?

Samsung Omnia II i920

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

I've gotten flash player error messages when opening some sites in ie.

flash player error? I didn't think we had a flash player on winmo.

ultralight23

ultralight23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

flash player error? I didn't think we had a flash player on winmo.

I say "flash player" cause it only happens when i open a page with a embedded video such as pocketpccentral (i think that is the name). But some kind of player error popped up when the page was loading.

I really appreciate you dissecting this rom to this, it gives me a chance to build up my phone the way i want it. Most of what i need i can install myself or tweak the registry and other things missing don't affect my use. To give you an idea of the stuff i installed my ROM is at 275 and initial boot settles to 90mb of RAM. I used my phone all day working GPS (waze and weather radar), the web , multiple correspondences and just fuddling with my phone and by the end of the work day my RAM was at 69...without a reset.

Who knows, i may still give your Sence ROM another try if i can something close to this.

Thanks a bunch. Oh and i haven't seen any bugs yet (just the ones i've created). Your up for another high octane!

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

I say "flash player" cause it only happens when i open a page with a embedded video such as pocketpccentral (i think that is the name). But some kind of player error popped up when the page was loading.

I really appreciate you dissecting this rom to this, it gives me a chance to build up my phone the way i want it. Most of what i need i can install myself or tweak the registry and other things missing don't affect my use. To give you an idea of the stuff i installed my ROM is at 275 and initial boot settles to 90mb of RAM. I used my phone all day working GPS (waze and weather radar), the web , multiple correspondences and just fuddling with my phone and by the end of the work day my RAM was at 69...without a reset.

Who knows, i may still give your Sence ROM another try if i can something close to this.

Thanks a bunch. Oh and i haven't seen any bugs yet (just the ones i've created). Your up for another high octane!

I think the embedded video has something to do with launching ASPlayer. It is deffinately a video program, I don't think its touch player, but it also could be mve. I'll look into it.

Things are going slow, lots of work lately. I haven't forgotten this project, its just taking more time than expected.

Felbdogg

Felbdogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920
Does anyone know where to find the .cab file for the G Sensor? Ive downloaded this ROM and it works great!! Wish it had Swype and wish the Dice game would work but other than that works fine for me! I have tried the Orientation Detection that doesnt help. Also downloaded Swype_WP7_Skin_WVGA_FULL and smi_wm_pro_sdk_redist_2_0_0 but it tells me cant load English and doesnt let it load at all...

Edited by Felbdogg, 14 January 2011 - 05:45 AM.

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:6700, 6800, Omnia 910
Thanks AMD for the 6.5 love. ;) Trying out this ROM. It seems to work just fine for what I do.
I have put back Main Menu, which works fine with cab or just dropping the .exe into Windows, but Settings icon is looking for Samsung Settings.
Also AwsomeStart works, allowing "Move to Top" for apps, but not for Settings. With NinjaMenu 6.5, I've got about 3 Main or Start options all working at once.
Also using NinjaBlue Theme for white text on black background. (Does that save battery? Seems like it might for AmoLED.)

How do I make the X close the programs? I am used to doing that in Samsung Settings.
EDIT: Long press closes, I just prefer a Tap to close.

I would like Swype back, maybe 3.9, or is there a newer version? There are 3.9 cabs. Mine is working. Hopefully this is OK to mention as it is supposed to be in there anyway.

SMS "Add recipient" "Call Log" doesn't work. SMS is working, though.

Will test GAlarm over a few days. Worked this AM with imported settings.
EDIT: GAlarm has never failed with Test 1 or Test 2.

Edited by Robtao, 20 January 2011 - 06:08 PM.

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:6700, 6800, Omnia 910
Advanced Config is working for me.

Not sure if I want Samsung phone or not. I like it, and I think it helps make some things work. Probably the SMS>Select Contact>call log button, for one.

I do like Voice Recorder. CAB would be fine, espc. if it works from My Storage.

I don't know if I want Sense or not. Not sure it is worth the memory. I can do without Titanium.
Edit: Liking Sense better than I thought. Maybe it wasn't fully working when I tried it before.

Quick Menu always works after install, but not after a soft reset. (X button stops working, Windows logo quits launching QMenu)

I guess I can learn to hold (rather than tap) the X button to Close. Or there is probably a registry setting.

Phone Weaver is probably making my experience different. It does a lot of backlight control.

Memory around 322/98 after closing everything and after QM Hibernate (mem reclaim). I probably need to give this some use time to settle.

How do I create a link for the sliding lock, and lose the pin one?
EDIT: SmartLock cab is working for me.

Edited by Robtao, 20 January 2011 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users