ZTE BLADE series-Froyo kernel(2.6.32) source code

Guest agpoli

Guest FelixL

Maybe someone could add this in the first post, that this has only value to the developers, and that only the devs can get something out off it that is worth downloading for everybody?

Guest Frankish

I reckon someone will probably make a partially working Gingerbread port hopefully with working ril using this source. Looks at Tom G :unsure:

Guest goatee

I stand corrected :angry:

Froyo runs lovely on 2.6.29 kernel, so why not we run Ginger on 2.6.32. It's possible. I have Froyo on my Pulse with 2.6.29, so it means NOTHING.

This is great news! All I need is a CyanogenMod port on my Blade. B)

I reckon someone will probably make a partially working Gingerbread port hopefully with working ril using this source. Looks at Tom G :unsure:

Guest aleckxander

ok but.. how do I install the kernel source using fastboot/clockwork

ok ok just kidding B) i'm helping the scene not downloading files.. thanks to me :unsure:

Guest punkmilitia

How to put on my phone? I downloading it now, please help it's my first rom thing..

Also joking B) I don;t care if we get gingerbread or not from this, Froyo is enough for me, anything beyond that's a bonus, thanks DEV's and GL! :unsure:

Guest Krinyo

What matter is: this is a ZTE Froyo kernel source. :unsure: More than nothing. Devs will find out what is this exactly and how good for us...

Edited by Krinyo

Guest SWOriginal

SOMEONE CHINESE TELL ZTE I LOVE THEM.... Wait to see if ril works first tho :unsure:

lets hope out of this we get

-Stable Froyo (for the people complaining: never had a freeze on mine)

-Gingerbread 2.3 /2.4

-Cyanogenmod

-MIUI

-Some other kickass Roms!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Yes... ^^^ this.... thp since we have the 003Z firmware and builds based off it, its better news for us... specially if we can workout what's stopping it working.

I'm sure the *PERFECT* Chinese ROM will be along on Wednesday for everyone else

I'm quite certian that the number one reasone the 003Z kernel isn't booting for us is that it is compiled for a different base adress. There are two adresses that needs to be changed but I wouldn't be surprised if it works quite well once we've changed them. The amss.mbn and appsboot.mbn makes it clear that our devices loads the kernel to 0x02a00000 so the 003Z kernel (in it's precompiled form) can't work.

Guest Swimmerboy
SOMEONE CHINESE TELL ZTE I LOVE THEM.... Wait to see if ril works first tho :unsure:

lets hope out of this we get

-Stable Froyo (for the people complaining: never had a freeze on mine)

-Gingerbread 2.3 /2.4

-Cyanogenmod

-MIUI

-Some other kickass Roms!

Also means overclocking should be enabled as well.

Guest SWOriginal
Also means overclocking should be enabled as well.

My battery barely lasts a day as it is! Overclocking our devices would make it a paperweight after a few hours :unsure:

Guest Swimmerboy
My battery barely lasts a day as it is! Overclocking our devices would make it a paperweight after a few hours B)

Or a rather nice handwarmer for those cold evenings :unsure:

Guest robot1000
I downloaded the (larger) V9 kernel source in about 10 minutes this morning.....

I'm expecting the 'how do I install the kernel source using fastboot/clockwork' posts in the next 30 minutes.

Would you mind posting a mirror?

Edit

:unsure: I think I should have done a refresh before posting

Edited by robot1000

Guest Frankish
I'm quite certian that the number one reasone the 003Z kernel isn't booting for us is that it is compiled for a different base adress. There are two adresses that needs to be changed but I wouldn't be surprised if it works quite well once we've changed them. The amss.mbn and appsboot.mbn makes it clear that our devices loads the kernel to 0x02a00000 so the 003Z kernel (in it's precompiled form) can't work.

That's great so hopefully we can have just a kernel update for Japanese Jellyfish RLS4? Optional overclock with setcpu would be great. But just to have the kernel boot would be nice. Maybe somehow fix all the led's etc? :unsure:

Guest jt_mcg
That's great so hopefully we can have just a kernel update for Japanese Jellyfish RLS4? Optional overclock with setcpu would be great. But just to have the kernel boot would be nice. Maybe somehow fix all the led's etc? :unsure:

That would be nice (only kernel update) for those of us on ROMs based on the softbank dump!!

Edited by jt_mcg