[MOD] Reboot Option in Power Menu

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Here is a small mod on android.policy.jar to enable an extra option in the Power Menu. Under the Shutdown button appears a new option. Reboot. You can just let it reboot or hold Volume down and select reboot to go to recovery.

Tested and working on Japanese Jellyfish all releases up to RLS4 so far.

screenshot28z.png

Download is attached. Let me know how it goes.

P.s. Working on one that includes Reboot to recovery but it requires a mod on framework-res.apk, this means ALL my themes will need updating too. Might not even finish it by the end of the week so don't wait for it try this one instead!

JJSEBS_reboot_in_power_menu.zip

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish
Just want to double check that this should work fine on Seb's r0.3 Froyo? :unsure:

It will do as it's built using the same files as Japanese Jellyfish. But as always Nandroid first if your care about your install.

Guest Frankish
Maybe it would be better if reboot were above power off since there's no confirm. I could see myself hitting reboot with my thumb.

I could maybe look into doing this? Although i haven't managed to do this by accident yet :unsure:

Guest jt_mcg
Yea it works as its nothing to do with kernel.

There is no confirm dialog. Sorry!

Yes its a Gingerbread mod and its in my theme thread.

Nice work again,

As for the blue mod, I've started a red mod of your gb theme. Any faster way to recolor all the .pngs or is it as tedious as I'm finding it!

Guest iashraf

it is just me or does hittin the reboot button seem to kill power then restart? does it not go through the normal power-off procedure then power back on? usually when hitting the power off button, there's a couple second wait before it knocks off.

Guest Carlrg

I really like your work Frankish but TBH i don't want to give my power button more presses than i can get away with due to the issues with broken/dodgy buttons. If people have rom manager installed widgets can be added to launcher which give the option to reboot or reboot into recovery. Many thanks for your work on themes Frankish.

Very best regards, Carl.

Edited by Carlrg

Guest nunoar
it is just me or does hittin the reboot button seem to kill power then restart? does it not go through the normal power-off procedure then power back on? usually when hitting the power off button, there's a couple second wait before it knocks off.

Just tried it and indeed it seems to kill power then restart. Frankish?

Guest oh!dougal
Maybe it would be better if reboot were above power off since there's no confirm. I could see myself hitting reboot with my thumb.

Better idea (if its possible) would be to insert a blank menu item below Airplane Mode (which I understand people do use).

Putting Instant Reboot right next to Airplane Mode would NOT be popular!

Then Power off and Reboot would be well separated from the other menu options.

You might prefer the blank entry just above Reboot, to distance that option alone from the standard menu ...

And how about naming it Instant Reboot, as a warning/reminder that there's no confirmation.

Nice tweak!

Guest jt_mcg
Better idea (if its possible) would be to insert a blank menu item below Airplane Mode (which I understand people do use).

Putting Instant Reboot right next to Airplane Mode would NOT be popular!

Then Power off and Reboot would be well separated from the other menu options.

You might prefer the blank entry just above Reboot, to distance that option alone from the standard menu ...

And how about naming it Instant Reboot, as a warning/reminder that there's no confirmation.

Nice tweak!

Put instant reboot in a comment below and that'll fix the size issue for that button!

Guest Frankish
Nice work again,

As for the blue mod, I've started a red mod of your gb theme. Any faster way to recolor all the .pngs or is it as tedious as I'm finding it!

I use a batch operation to colour them in photoshop. However the original Gingerbread green images were 8bit png's. Which photoshop doesn't handle transparency for! So i went through a long and tedious process making them all 32bit pngs.

Long story short, use blue themes images and use actions to automate recolouring in photoshop. B)

@all

Them power off button on all Froyo roms for me has always been that size...it's no issue for my big hands :unsure:

About it seeming to instantly kill power i'm not sure i'll take a look, i'm considering going back to the start and seeing if i can make an improved one but it wont be any time today or next day.

Guest jt_mcg
I use a batch operation to colour them in photoshop. However the original Gingerbread green images were 8bit png's. Which photoshop doesn't handle transparency for! So i went through a long and tedious process making them all 32bit pngs.

Long story short, use blue themes images and use actions to automate recolouring in photoshop. B)

@all

Them power off button on all Froyo roms for me has always been that size...it's no issue for my big hands :unsure:

About it seeming to instantly kill power i'm not sure i'll take a look, i'm considering going back to the start and seeing if i can make an improved one but it wont be any time today or next day.

Thanks!

I did each in the status bar individually... signal, data, roaming, downloading/installing etc PITA!!

post-780581-1294406682_thumb.png

Here's with red so far, when I get time to finish I'll upload if anyone's interested. I think I'm going to backtrack and do it with the black menus, etc so it may be a while!