Daskalos B7610 MEGA-lit-EX

Guest daskalos

Guest Klusek
MEGA-lit-EX Samsung/WM cabs:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9T8ESIRC

password: its the same as before :( (this is not the pw)

Hello everybody! I wonder if someone could help me? I need password to archive upon. I was trying those two: MyBdayIsInNovSendMeAGiftbyDonatingIfYouCan and pleasedonateifyoucan but they're not working. So if you could help me I'll be grateful:) Please respond asap:)

Edited by Klusek

Guest amd2400

Anyone having problems with the internet sharing cab? It's not working for me.

I.e the program launches, you configure the usb connection and the gprs profile, and hit connect button to see a 'Cannot Connect' box.

Anything in the registry thats not there?

Thanks,

AMD2400.

EDIT.

now working.

goto this post and install the ICSinstall.cab

Soft reset this phone and it should be working.

I have found some other issues, but so far so good. quite a fast and livable rom :D

Edited by amd2400

• 5 weeks later...
Guest valoch

I like your rom because it's the faster rom I have ever seen.

But I have the ringtone problem.

I try to put nothing in the xda-uc but i can't change ringtone.

So for me it's not a cab problem.

Could it be a csc probleme because I use a French one or a problem in the rom?

If you can find how to fix it, it will be perfect for me.

Thanks a lot.

Guest daskalos
I like your rom because it's the faster rom I have ever seen.

But I have the ringtone problem.

I try to put nothing in the xda-uc but i can't change ringtone.

So for me it's not a cab problem.

Could it be a csc probleme because I use a French one or a problem in the rom?

If you can find how to fix it, it will be perfect for me.

Thanks a lot.

Install MX Samsung Touch Player

Guest aiiro

Well, I tested the ROM but after getting stuck with some of the same problems listed above by previous posters, I must say that I am somewhat disappointed... I guess this is my own problem as I had high expectations for this, and I also acknowledge that You have not created these ROMs for us to whine about them, but I just thought I must share my thoughts.

The good:

* really, really fast ROM

* stable

The bad:

* basic stuff missing (like USSD) or doesn't work properly - this is still A PHONE and it's meant for calling, SMS-ing etc. If one cannot receive a call because the ringtones don't work, what is the point of having such ROM?

* too many problems with additional functions - CABs behaving strangely, some registry settings messed up

My point is - if someone is creating a MEGA/ULTRA LITE ROM, basic stuff like calling and receiving calls, sending / recieving SMS, using the basic hardware provided with the phone (camera, radio, accelerator etc) should still work and not be ripped out, as this generates a bunch of problems later when trying to put all those functions back together. And if we are putting those functions back anyway, what is the point of ripping them out in the first place? :)

OK, maybe these ROMs are just a proof-of-concept, in which case disregard everything I said, but still... One could wish that we have a ROM as lite as these and be able to get everything to work easily - which is not probably the case as we can see from the number of problems in posts.

Nothing personal, of course, and I appreciate the hard work You have put in it, but as I said, just sharing my thoughts.

Respect.

P.S. Additional problem that I found, for which I started this post in the first place :) After flashing and hard resetting, it's not possible to calibrate the screen - the phone just skips the calibration after "Tap this screen to calibrate bla bla...". As I am using the phone with left thumb only, the calibration I need is different from the situation where calibration is done with stylus. I guess this is just some file missing from \Windows. But anyway, the phone is not usable by thumb with the calibration data currently cooked in.

Guest daskalos
Well, I tested the ROM but after getting stuck with some of the same problems listed above by previous posters, I must say that I am somewhat disappointed... I guess this is my own problem as I had high expectations for this, and I also acknowledge that You have not created these ROMs for us to whine about them, but I just thought I must share my thoughts.

The good:

* really, really fast ROM

* stable

The bad:

* basic stuff missing (like USSD) or doesn't work properly - this is still A PHONE and it's meant for calling, SMS-ing etc. If one cannot receive a call because the ringtones don't work, what is the point of having such ROM?

* too many problems with additional functions - CABs behaving strangely, some registry settings messed up

My point is - if someone is creating a MEGA/ULTRA LITE ROM, basic stuff like calling and receiving calls, sending / recieving SMS, using the basic hardware provided with the phone (camera, radio, accelerator etc) should still work and not be ripped out, as this generates a bunch of problems later when trying to put all those functions back together. And if we are putting those functions back anyway, what is the point of ripping them out in the first place? :)

OK, maybe these ROMs are just a proof-of-concept, in which case disregard everything I said, but still... One could wish that we have a ROM as lite as these and be able to get everything to work easily - which is not probably the case as we can see from the number of problems in posts.

Nothing personal, of course, and I appreciate the hard work You have put in it, but as I said, just sharing my thoughts.

Respect.

P.S. Additional problem that I found, for which I started this post in the first place :) After flashing and hard resetting, it's not possible to calibrate the screen - the phone just skips the calibration after "Tap this screen to calibrate bla bla...". As I am using the phone with left thumb only, the calibration I need is different from the situation where calibration is done with stylus. I guess this is just some file missing from \Windows. But anyway, the phone is not usable by thumb with the calibration data currently cooked in.

*USSD cab in located somewhere in this thread, posted by a member

*Solution for he ringtone bug, is installing MX Touch Player

*Screen calibration can be done after a successful flash

*problems are reported and discussed here so that a fix or even a possible ROM update may be given in the future

anyway this is still the fastest B7610 ROM :)

Guest valoch

Thanks Daskalos it's work.

Everything is perfect but wmp is slow so I use touchplayer.

How to link titanium music to touch player.

I uninstall wmp so titanium music link to nothing.

Except this little thing everything is fast and perfect.

You are a king!

• 3 months later...

also getting the sms problem with this rom - i.e. you cant open text messages or even create new ones (selecting menu in the messaging app then "new" just does nothing)... did anyone fix this?

flashed the 6.5.3 29007 build

installed apps:

MX samsung settings

mx volume control skin

mx wm lockscreen

mx wm basic apps

flashlite

net framework cf 3.5

samsung today (also not starting, but not an issue for me)

mx phone book

my my phone

mx file manager

mx internet sharing

mx adobe reader

microsoft amoled black

mx screen keyboard xt9

mx internet explorer

mx wmp

mx call log

mx b7610 diags & audio gain

mx dialer & video call

mx camera

i only had about 5 cabs installed when i first flashed, rest have been added trying to get sms working. hah.

cant see any other problems so far - amazing work, daskalos!

Edited by igw

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have searched my HD for B7610 ROMs .. Unfortunately no Mega-lit-Ex ROMs .. Sorry dudes ..

If you need any other mirrors; let me know. ;)

• 2 weeks later...