141 replies to this topic

jbarrick

jbarrick

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:samsung b7610
I was also wondering it anyone has had trouble with the samsung dialer for mega lite EX?

I would really like to get this to work because I like the look if the skin, the option to record the call, and the nice skin to answer/decline/send sms. But I can not get the dialer, phonebook and call log to cooperate together correctly. Using the samsung dialer it only gives me one choice of phone number to use it wont let me switch between multiple numbers for a single contact, nor can I get into thier contact info itself without backing out to the default contact program.

Is there a fix to this other another option for a nice dialer skin/ phonebook that incorperates call record?

ktulu3388

ktulu3388

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Daskalos, this is the best ROM I've seen. Congratulations for your hard work. My main problem is the sound: I con't open Audio Gain (I've tried to put in SC and MS, but I can't open it, so I can't change volume); I only cna put .mp3 ringtone, but the .wma sounds don't work; I use SPB Time for alarms, but no sound when the alarm wakes up.
Pelase try to solve this problem and your ROM will be perfect.

Btw, do you know how to enable threaded SMS?

jbarrick

jbarrick

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Daskalos, this is the best ROM I've seen. Congratulations for your hard work. My main problem is the sound: I con't open Audio Gain (I've tried to put in SC and MS, but I can't open it, so I can't change volume); I only cna put .mp3 ringtone, but the .wma sounds don't work; I use SPB Time for alarms, but no sound when the alarm wakes up.
Pelase try to solve this problem and your ROM will be perfect.

Btw, do you know how to enable threaded SMS?

See http://www.modaco.co...msung-sms-skin/

greenonion

greenonion

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:SAMSUNG Galaxy S2
last rom sux, I even don`t want to try anymore those ekstra mumbojumbo light roms. To much work for just sending sms/mms, calls, apointments and some pdf...

It would really be nice to see everything working in mega ekxtra light rom, but yeah.... I`ll figure out my own best rom... version 3.9.2010 daskalos

kaspy

kaspy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia, N990, N95
its so great that we have daskalos ,,, for our device ...

very much thanks big bro

Klusek

Klusek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610

MEGA-lit-EX Samsung/WM cabs:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9T8ESIRC

password: its the same as before :( (this is not the pw)

Hello everybody! I wonder if someone could help me? I need password to archive upon. I was trying those two: MyBdayIsInNovSendMeAGiftbyDonatingIfYouCan and pleasedonateifyoucan but they're not working. So if you could help me I'll be grateful:) Please respond asap:)

Edited by Klusek, 06 March 2011 - 11:00 PM.

amd2400

amd2400

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:B7610
Anyone having problems with the internet sharing cab? It's not working for me.

I.e the program launches, you configure the usb connection and the gprs profile, and hit connect button to see a 'Cannot Connect' box.

Anything in the registry thats not there?

Thanks,

AMD2400.

EDIT.

now working.

goto this post and install the ICSinstall.cab

Soft reset this phone and it should be working.

I have found some other issues, but so far so good. quite a fast and livable rom :D

Edited by amd2400, 13 March 2011 - 02:03 PM.

valoch

valoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i900
  • Twitter:@no
I like your rom because it's the faster rom I have ever seen.
But I have the ringtone problem.
I try to put nothing in the xda-uc but i can't change ringtone.
So for me it's not a cab problem.
Could it be a csc probleme because I use a French one or a problem in the rom?
If you can find how to fix it, it will be perfect for me.
Thanks a lot.

daskalos

daskalos

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Devices:LG Expo,Samsung Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@E1i077

I like your rom because it's the faster rom I have ever seen.
But I have the ringtone problem.
I try to put nothing in the xda-uc but i can't change ringtone.
So for me it's not a cab problem.
Could it be a csc probleme because I use a French one or a problem in the rom?
If you can find how to fix it, it will be perfect for me.
Thanks a lot.

Install MX Samsung Touch Player

Like my ROMs?

There are many ways to say thank you, one way is by clicking below

Posted Image

aiiro

aiiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:v1520, B7610
Well, I tested the ROM but after getting stuck with some of the same problems listed above by previous posters, I must say that I am somewhat disappointed... I guess this is my own problem as I had high expectations for this, and I also acknowledge that You have not created these ROMs for us to whine about them, but I just thought I must share my thoughts.

The good:
* really, really fast ROM
* stable

The bad:
* basic stuff missing (like USSD) or doesn't work properly - this is still A PHONE and it's meant for calling, SMS-ing etc. If one cannot receive a call because the ringtones don't work, what is the point of having such ROM?
* too many problems with additional functions - CABs behaving strangely, some registry settings messed up

My point is - if someone is creating a MEGA/ULTRA LITE ROM, basic stuff like calling and receiving calls, sending / recieving SMS, using the basic hardware provided with the phone (camera, radio, accelerator etc) should still work and not be ripped out, as this generates a bunch of problems later when trying to put all those functions back together. And if we are putting those functions back anyway, what is the point of ripping them out in the first place? :)

OK, maybe these ROMs are just a proof-of-concept, in which case disregard everything I said, but still... One could wish that we have a ROM as lite as these and be able to get everything to work easily - which is not probably the case as we can see from the number of problems in posts.

Nothing personal, of course, and I appreciate the hard work You have put in it, but as I said, just sharing my thoughts.

Respect.

P.S. Additional problem that I found, for which I started this post in the first place :) After flashing and hard resetting, it's not possible to calibrate the screen - the phone just skips the calibration after "Tap this screen to calibrate bla bla...". As I am using the phone with left thumb only, the calibration I need is different from the situation where calibration is done with stylus. I guess this is just some file missing from \Windows. But anyway, the phone is not usable by thumb with the calibration data currently cooked in.

daskalos

daskalos

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Devices:LG Expo,Samsung Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@E1i077

Well, I tested the ROM but after getting stuck with some of the same problems listed above by previous posters, I must say that I am somewhat disappointed... I guess this is my own problem as I had high expectations for this, and I also acknowledge that You have not created these ROMs for us to whine about them, but I just thought I must share my thoughts.

The good:
* really, really fast ROM
* stable

The bad:
* basic stuff missing (like USSD) or doesn't work properly - this is still A PHONE and it's meant for calling, SMS-ing etc. If one cannot receive a call because the ringtones don't work, what is the point of having such ROM?
* too many problems with additional functions - CABs behaving strangely, some registry settings messed up

My point is - if someone is creating a MEGA/ULTRA LITE ROM, basic stuff like calling and receiving calls, sending / recieving SMS, using the basic hardware provided with the phone (camera, radio, accelerator etc) should still work and not be ripped out, as this generates a bunch of problems later when trying to put all those functions back together. And if we are putting those functions back anyway, what is the point of ripping them out in the first place? :)

OK, maybe these ROMs are just a proof-of-concept, in which case disregard everything I said, but still... One could wish that we have a ROM as lite as these and be able to get everything to work easily - which is not probably the case as we can see from the number of problems in posts.

Nothing personal, of course, and I appreciate the hard work You have put in it, but as I said, just sharing my thoughts.

Respect.
P.S. Additional problem that I found, for which I started this post in the first place :) After flashing and hard resetting, it's not possible to calibrate the screen - the phone just skips the calibration after "Tap this screen to calibrate bla bla...". As I am using the phone with left thumb only, the calibration I need is different from the situation where calibration is done with stylus. I guess this is just some file missing from \Windows. But anyway, the phone is not usable by thumb with the calibration data currently cooked in.

*USSD cab in located somewhere in this thread, posted by a member
*Solution for he ringtone bug, is installing MX Touch Player
*Screen calibration can be done after a successful flash
*problems are reported and discussed here so that a fix or even a possible ROM update may be given in the future

anyway this is still the fastest B7610 ROM :)

Like my ROMs?

There are many ways to say thank you, one way is by clicking below

Posted Image

valoch

valoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i900
  • Twitter:@no
Thanks Daskalos it's work.
Everything is perfect but wmp is slow so I use touchplayer.
How to link titanium music to touch player.
I uninstall wmp so titanium music link to nothing.

Except this little thing everything is fast and perfect.
You are a king!

ntd0626

ntd0626

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:GT-B7610
Can anyone help me? I flashed my B7610 with:

January 10 2011
MEGA-lit-EX 6.5.3 build 29007
-WM build 29007

Download it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAXBUCSD

Now I wanted to revert back to official rom but OCTANS 2.14 just does not detect my device. What can I do to flash the device to its original rom? Thanks.

igw

igw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
also getting the sms problem with this rom - i.e. you cant open text messages or even create new ones (selecting menu in the messaging app then "new" just does nothing)... did anyone fix this?

flashed the 6.5.3 29007 build

installed apps:

MX samsung settings
mx volume control skin
mx wm lockscreen
mx wm basic apps
flashlite
net framework cf 3.5
samsung today (also not starting, but not an issue for me)
mx phone book
my my phone
mx file manager
mx internet sharing
mx adobe reader
microsoft amoled black
mx screen keyboard xt9
mx internet explorer
mx wmp
mx call log
mx b7610 diags & audio gain
mx dialer & video call
mx camera

i only had about 5 cabs installed when i first flashed, rest have been added trying to get sms working. hah.

cant see any other problems so far - amazing work, daskalos!

Edited by igw, 15 August 2011 - 01:23 AM.

jappoman

jappoman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
can somebody re post the rom donwload link on another file host website? want to try :) thx :)

derpy

derpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Since Megaupload is down for good, can anybody reupload these ROMs, please?

m0o5

m0o5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
I have searched my HD for B7610 ROMs .. Unfortunately no Mega-lit-Ex ROMs .. Sorry dudes ..

If you need any other mirrors; let me know. ;)

Posted Image

madmid

madmid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I can help with that!

Daskalos MEGAlitEX 23152: http://depositfiles....files/k0wfw161s
Daskalos MX Applications: http://depositfiles....files/5be828div
Apps Update 1: http://depositfiles....files/2cn696lqe

And a sweet extra bonus, Experiment 36 (extra fast and bare bones WM 6.1): http://depositfiles....files/nqzoroyfu

Kind regards.

When forever is to be until.

lukaszbaryla

lukaszbaryla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:asus p750
  • Twitter:@brak
Daskalos MX Applications: http://depositfiles....files/5be828div
Apps Update 1: http://depositfiles....files/2cn696lqe

This links not wor, reupload please, sory to my english

madmid

madmid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Can someone please give me a file hosting site that won't delete uploads immediately?

When forever is to be until.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users