i'll add more when i figure out some more useful ways to play with mounting commands.
1: add files on a usbstick/usb hdd to gallery/music players [usbmount]
gscript_USB_in_gallery.zip 1.01KB 444 downloads
2: view a 2nd usb-device through docking_usb [docking_usb]
-useful in combination with a usb-hub or PSPgo
mount_usb2_as_docking_usb.zip 804bytes 138 downloads
3: fix the usb icon in the ztab file manager [usbdisk]
USB_in_ztab_filemanager.zip 861bytes 101 downloads
4: use an ext2 formatted usbstick/drive [system_usb]
mount_ext2.zip 813bytes 149 downloads
5: make an ext2 formatted usbstick/drive visible in gallery/music [usbmount]
ext2_on_sdcard.zip 1KB 112 downloads
6: force a usb device to mount, allows you to view android phones in mass storage mode. [system_usb]
fore_mount_usb.zip 842bytes 181 downloads
scripts that i haven't tried myself yet, use with care.
b1: view a 2nd FAT partition through docking_usb [docking_usb]
partition2_visible.zip 826bytes 90 downloads
- all scripts require gscript, download from googlecode or support the developer by downloading it through the market.
- every package containing mount scripts also has an accompanying unmount script, run the unmount script before removing the usb device.
if you don't unmount a device properly the device-number changes causing problems with the mount scripts.
- wait at least 10 seconds after plugging in a usb device before running a mount script, to make sure the usb device is detected.
- only use storage media that have the 1st partition formatted as FAT(16/32), android can't mount NTFS and these scripts are not designed for mounting linux-specific filesystems
- read the readme! vital information specific to each set of scripts is in here!
- don't use scripts with the same tag (ex: [usbmount]) at the same time, and don't use scripts tagged as [docking_usb] if you use an official vega-dock
- use at own risk, i have tested most of these scripts myself(and use them often) but i can't guarantee they will always work 100% as expected!
Edited by thedicemaster, 13 January 2011 - 06:04 PM.