SD card unexpectedly removed - Error

Guest Dr.Alani

Guest ThornInMySide
You're right, there has to be a reasonable explanation. Maybe I've fiddled too much and this could explain why I get the error?

I will do a backup this weekend and format my card and see if this resolves the error for me. Will post the result a few days after that.

OK, I did backup/format/restore on Friday night and since then have had no error with my 4GB sdhc card.

T

Guest ThornInMySide

One week on and I have only had one "SD Card unexpectedly removed" error, which was after I run to catch a train (with my phone in my pocket) and therefore not unexpected.

Looks like Dr.Alani theory is correct (get a class4 SDHC with android 2.1), Thanks!

Guest Dr.Alani
One week on and I have only had one "SD Card unexpectedly removed" error, which was after I run to catch a train (with my phone in my pocket) and therefore not unexpected.

Looks like Dr.Alani theory is correct (get a class4 SDHC with android 2.1), Thanks!

I have not got that error since I switched to class 4 about two weeks ago. Now I ordered a class 10 and waiting to see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyuuketsuki

I too have this problem, my phone running 2.2. It works fine with the stock 2gb class 2 card, but not with either of the 16gb class 4 cards i've purchased, one is a play.com and the other is a kingston. Anyone found a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Simon  P
Hi guys!

I just want to say:

I have Transcend 4GB microSD class 6 from the 1st day of my life with GT540 (that means 1.6 and now 2.1 OS) and NEVER had one single problem with the card. Card is formated in FAT32 sistem by phone himself. :D

I hope this info help some of you...

I have a Transcend 8GB class 6 card in my phone and it's been working fine for the last 2 weeks, so hopefully it's OK. I also tried a Memory2Go 16GB class 6 card but it comes up with the "SD Card unexpectedly removed" error within 10 mins of starting up the phone.

Guest Dr.Alani
I have a Transcend 8GB class 6 card in my phone and it's been working fine for the last 2 weeks, so hopefully it's OK. I also tried a Memory2Go 16GB class 6 card but it comes up with the "SD Card unexpectedly removed" error within 10 mins of starting up the phone.

Apparently, using large sized microSDHC requires higher class. I used 2GB class 4, 4GB class 4, and 8 GB class 10, non of them gave this error.

Guest Nightm4re!

he guy's

I have a HTC legend for almost 6 months now.

Before i had a 8GB kingston sd card, but with new year, something goes wrong and its not read-able anymore for no device or computer.

So i go on the interwebs and buy a new one:

BestMedia Platinum 16GB (Class i dont know)

With a speed of: 12MBps (Read) and 8MBps (Write)

When it arrived, I put it in my phone and put some files on it>

A few weeks later, i get the error: "SD Card unexpectedly removed" when i played some music on my phone.

The weird thing is, most of the songs he will play, but some songs i get the error.

On other things i didn't get the error, only by music.

But 15minutes ago when i rebooted my phone.

I was reading this thread and i get the error, and didn't play anything.

If i see the specs of my sdcard, i don't think its a class 2 card.

(I use App2SD, Not rooted, Winamp, LauncherPro)

Guest Dr.Alani
he guy's

I have a HTC legend for almost 6 months now.

Before i had a 8GB kingston sd card, but with new year, something goes wrong and its not read-able anymore for no device or computer.

So i go on the interwebs and buy a new one:

BestMedia Platinum 16GB (Class i dont know)

With a speed of: 12MBps (Read) and 8MBps (Write)

When it arrived, I put it in my phone and put some files on it>

A few weeks later, i get the error: "SD Card unexpectedly removed" when i played some music on my phone.

The weird thing is, most of the songs he will play, but some songs i get the error.

On other things i didn't get the error, only by music.

But 15minutes ago when i rebooted my phone.

I was reading this thread and i get the error, and didn't play anything.

If i see the specs of my sdcard, i don't think its a class 2 card.

(I use App2SD, Not rooted, Winamp, LauncherPro)

The class is usually written as a small number inside a circle on the microSD.

If you have a proper audio software on the PC, check the songs that are giving the errors what is their bitrate?

I got a cheap 8GB class 10 off ebay and it has free delivery to almost everywhere in the world, and its fast and good (until now, lool).

• 1 month later...
Guest mattaylor

Hey guys. I recently researched this as my Desire HD kept on getting the unexpectedly removed message. I read someone's post saying getting a new SD will fix it, and I confirm it will. Before getting a new SD card I got the message almost everyday, every other day if not. I then thought upgrading to a 16GB card would be twofold, an increase in memory and the error going away. I will confirm, buying a new card will fix the problem, haven't got the message since.

For anyone that's interested, I got a class 2 SanDisk Micro SDHC for about £19.00. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Corran

This has happened to me on my GT540 also.

And on Nokia Communicator's. And N95. And a lot of other phones and even an old MP3-player.

My remedy - which also worked with my 8GB Kingston on the GT540 - has been to insert a little piece of paper on top of the card to hold it steady.

Really - _not all SD cards are the same thickness_. I'm not kidding. Some are thinner, and the paper thing has completely fixed my problems with the above phones, including the GT540 which had a LOT of those disconnects when I got the card.

I really would suggest to test with a little bit of cut out paper to hold the card firmly in place before spending more money on new (presumably thicker) cards. My experience with the issue is this, and it won't cost you anything to try it.

(I first found out about this on a Nokia Communicator back in 1999 which had a bad holder for the SIM-card. It too couldn't cope with the microscopically thinner "newer" SIM-cards. It worked without any problems for several years after I rammed a bit of paper in with the card.)

Right now, I've been "remove free" for two months and have a small bit of paper to thank for it. MacGyver would be proud. :o

If anyone else is helped by this, I'd be happy :mellow:

Edited by Corran

• 8 months later...
Guest jolly89

I am new here

honestly i didnt understand what u said about classes coz u discussed professional

it is about 3 days i am handling with this error

it gets on my nerve! i can not do anything

if u wanna run any app u will face with FORCE CLOSE !!!

and i did many factory resets via hard ware,software

but it does nothing

u know all the applications i installed besides original apps are still here after factory reset!

i dont know what to do!

u know even pictures i have deleted , are still here after reset!!!!

plzzzz

plzzzzzz

tell me what should i do :(

i am really sad :(:(:(:(:(:(