[POLL] Which ROM are you using? (Week ending 16th Jan)

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Ok, I thought I'd take a snapshot of this upcoming week to see whom is using which ROM. It might prove useful for people to see which one's are popular, if they are undecided about which ROM to go for.

I took the list of ROM's from this post, which has an excellent selection table too:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

(I've had to stick all the "Stock" options together as I ran out of Poll options!)

Guest Rotmann

A little correction, Sebastian404's Froyo is not an alpha anymore, it is named "Froyo r0.3: de-softened ROM for ZTE Blade".

Thanks for the poll.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest samjam

I'm not able to select any of the options...

I'm using MoDaCo Custom Froyo alpha 5

oled-tft-30-dec-alpha5-modaco-custom-froyo-rom-download-online-kitchen-very-heavily-fixed-chinese-leak

But I voted for MoDaCo Custom Froyo alpha 3 as it is there.

I've tried JJ3b, JJ4 and JJ5 but have returned to stock B05 with the Orange apps and games removed manually.

JJ5 has a few niggles and I'm just not seeing any convincing reason for the update. The phone does not seem faster, The battery life does not seem to be longer. I thought these were meant to be welcome benefits of Froyo and I'm not seeing them.

On the downside there are a few quirks and today I got my first ever system freeze (none in the previous 3.5 months) less than 24 hours after installing JJ5.

Edited by tdodd

Guest Arr Too

I'm using Japanese Jellyfish because I've really liked all kallt_kaffe's ROMs, but I'm only using RLS2... because I'm lazy! :D (I do fully intend to upgrade to the latest RLS with his custom Froyo kernel.)

Ok, I thought I'd take a snapshot of this upcoming week to see whom is using which ROM. It might prove useful for people to see which one's are popular, if they are undecided about which ROM to go for.

I took the list of ROM's from this post, which has an excellent selection table too:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

(I've had to stick all the "Stock" options together as I ran out of Poll options!)

Thanks for this - is there any way of allowing to show the results without voting though?

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Thanks for this - is there any way of allowing to show the results without voting though?

I thought that "Show results" would work. But when I tried it, it refreshed the page but didn't display. Damn forum software!

At present 90 votes and 43 of those are for Japanese Jellyfish.

Tempted to install it myself now, but I need two things "Working Wifi" and "Reliable signal strength" as it's my work phone!

Guest Arr Too

Click the Show Results button? Or open the link to this thread in Incognito/Private Browsing mode on your browser? Or just log out first.

Or open the link to this thread in Incognito/Private Browsing mode on your browser? Or just log out first.

Thanks, yes as long as I am a guest I can see them fie.

Guest Rotmann

I'm on Sebastian404's Froyo, very clean, stable and FAAAST, no noticeable bugs, battery life slightly better as 2.1. Incredible to see how many people are on JJ :D although many people have heavy battery consumption problems.

Guest Arr Too
Hmm perhaps I should omit release versions.

:D Things move fast around here, it seems! I had some spare time so I treated myself to an upgrade to JJ -- I'm now on RLS6 and loving it (overclocked and all)!

Edited by Arr Too

Guest StevenHarperUK
:D Things move fast around here, it seems! I had some spare time so I treated myself to an upgrade to JJ -- I'm now on RLS6 and loving it (overclocked and all)!

Yeh I have been on R4, R5, R5a, R6 (with TPT)

That's on 2 devices too - Titanium has never had so much of my time

Wow!! I have my blade less than 20 days, i am using JJ but my release isn't included in the voting options. Things are moving FFFAAAASSSSTTTTT :D

:P

Haven't voted yet.

Guest punkmilitia
I would not bet on that based on user complaints about battery life, GPS (which you don't see on Seb's or Flib's Froyos).

No.

He released a fix for the GPS and the battery life is very good now thanks to r6 and using battery callab.

so all in all, your post was uninformed and a waste, go with whatever rom you like, if you want a small bit more battery go with flibs or sebs, if you want an almost perfect rom which drains a VERY small amount more battery (which will probably be sorted next revision) go with JJ. simple as.